Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

Altis Life RPG

I just bought my server and upon install Arma 3 Altis Life RPG it requested creating a database "arma3life". However, i cannot create another database with my server company and is stuck at "1074_zakky654", is there anyway of pointing the MySQL database at a different database so it creates one with a different name? (excuse me if i got something wrong, i have no knowledge of any of this)

I just bought my server and upon install Arma 3 Altis Life RPG it requested creating a database "arma3life". However, i cannot create another database with my server company and is stuck at "1074_zakky654", is there anyway of pointing the MySQL database at a different database so it creates one with a different name? (excuse me if i got something wrong, i have no knowledge of any of this)

You will have to modify the server-side files, pretty much fn_insert.sqf, fn_query.sqf and fn_update.sqf inside the life_server\core\DB folder.

You have to modify stuff that looks like this:

_sql = "Arma2Net.Unmanaged" callExtension format ["Arma2NETMySQLCommand ['arma3life', '%1']", _query];

Whenever I decide to start working on it again I will make it so it can read from a specific schema that you specify.

Hello, I search all over the files to figure out how to change civ/cop income. I have no idea how to change the player income. If you can show me what file it is, much is appreciated.

Hello, I search all over the files to figure out how to change civ/cop income. I have no idea how to change the player income. If you can show me what file it is, much is appreciated.

It is towards the bottom of the configuration.sqf file in the mission\core folder.

It is towards the bottom of the configuration.sqf file in the mission\core folder.

Thanks mate, I also had one question, the mini admin panel, How to use? We tried hitting "u" and nothing came up. I aslo typed in #login "Password" and then hit "u" and nothing came up. How to use it?

---------- Post added at 05:14 ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 ----------

Me and my Hosting company can not find that file, Mission\Core folder. Neither can we find configuration.sqf Can you explain more where that file would be in?

---------- Post added at 05:24 ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 ----------

Hey, Sorry about that. We just notice were missing some files. Seems about right now. Thanks!

Thanks mate, I also had one question, the mini admin panel, How to use? We tried hitting "u" and nothing came up. I aslo typed in #login "Password" and then hit "u" and nothing came up. How to use it?

You have to edit yourself in the database and set the adminlevel above 0 on the user. As for the rest of that you need to unpack the mission.

Thanks Tonic.

Is there a guide anywhere on how to change the default police vehicle textures to actual police colours with working emergency lights etc?

Ive seen them on other servers and would like to add them on to my new server.

Thanks

Thanks Tonic.

Is there a guide anywhere on how to change the default police vehicle textures to actual police colours with working emergency lights etc?

Ive seen them on other servers and would like to add them on to my new server.

Thanks

The Offroad for police already comes with the lightbar which is built into the game. As far as custom textures goes you'll have to create them. Configuring them to work for specific police vehicles is a easy setup some what though, all you have to do is look in the core\config\fn_vehicleColorCfg.sqf file.

i.e

the case for the offroad look for: ["#(ai,64,64,1)Fresnel(1.3,7)","cop"], and replace it with a path to a texture for that vehicle. I don't bundle any of my stuff with excessive textures / files as my motto is to keep the mission file as small as possible.

When I'm connecting to any Altis Life server I keep running into "Can't setup your session with the server. You have reached the maximum tries of 3. Please reconnect", This is happens on the server prompt "Creating player information on server...". I'm yet to find any resolution or even reference to this problem. I have checked firewalls, mods and even launch options with no avail. Hopefully you can shed some light on this matter.

Sincerely MjrDeathAdder

@MrjDeathAdder

I had that problem, use the 5.5.35 version of MySQL. Doesn't work with the latest and make sure when you install it, you turn strict mode off. Check your logs folder (RPT) for errors and make sure you have @Arma2NET (which can be found in Tonic's OP) and check this logs folder for any errors.

@Tonic

Firstly, the mod looks excellent and a nice change to what I'm used to, so for my community on their request I've setup a server but I have some questions.

I've run quite a few DayZ servers and before this, many many different servers for well over a decade. I know basic SQL coding and passed my coding on for a simple name tags script that DayZ Epoch modified and now use (nothing amazing but its something at least to contribute rather than someone who takes all the time!). I'm far from being useful though but I do understand most of it if I read it, I just get lost in the syntax of it all but editing is no problem as thats the logical part.

So a few questions:

1) In all "life" mods is it intended that when you relog, you always have to spawn in a city? I notice no "world position" entry in the database or is this something 'coming soon'?

2) Is your food/drink/hp supposed to be saved through relogs or is this coming soon/not at all?

3) Vehicles repairing over server restarts and I think also through respawning in a garage, is this something that will be persistent damage or is this intended?

4) Is relogging and losing your vehicle keys supposed to happen or did I install incorrectly or is this a feature coming soon? The work around seems to be to make sure you dont leave it locked when you relog so you can take it back to your garage to store it/respawn it.

Lastly and if any of the things above are an install problem, maybe my question below is the answer.

5) This folder "Arma2NETMySQLPlugin" with @Arma2NET - Is it supposed to go anywhere? I get the feeling its meant to but the server runs fine without it so I'm wondering if its all included in the @life_server files? If you could give me a yes/no and point me the right way I'll work it out but in none of the tutorials it mentions where this goes.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Bug Fix:

Inside the mission.sqf

class Item66

{

position[]={14032.284,25.46665,18758.639};

name="car1_2_1_1";

type="c_car";

colorName="ColorWhite";

angle=359.19183;

};

Should be:

class Item66

{

position[]={14032.284,25.46665,18758.639};

name="car1_2_1_1";

text="Car Shop";

type="c_car";

colorName="ColorWhite";

angle=359.19183;

};

I think thats the one for over Pyrgos, I've yet to test the location. Waiting for the server to restart/empty otherwise it maybe another loc and I dont have a test server for this :)

Bug

So I could test things, I gave myself cash.

I bought the licences and then bought the most expensive vehicle on the car trader, the truck. I bought another vehicle and then drove it off, crashed it, relogged and went back. Bought a second vehicle, left it there to test the key relog 'issue' to confirm that. I decided to try the police side out to remove these two cars that were now blocking the spawn point as I couldnt move them myself and I had seen a "life" type mod before so knew they could be impounded.

I did "search" on the truck, it told me that it was an error and likely spawned in by a cheater. The other car was fine and told me that the owner was "ToejaM". Not sure what caused the first "cheater" issue.

Hope that helps.

Edited by ToejaM

we have a problem the database will not connect to arma and is came (contracting server for player information) and is came nothing but when you go respawn button then you spawn but the cops spawn the civis spawn at a insland i hope someone can help me

@ToejaM

The issue I'm having is a client related issue. I'm not setting up a server this just happens to me each time I attempt to join any Altis Life server regardless. Thanks for your reply though.

make sure you edit your fn_setupActions.sqf to add actions to your new marker. to add a new spot to harvest from add "OR (player distance (getMarkerPos "weed_2") < 40))" after the original weed_1 marker action. If you have any other questions let me know. Ill help you out.

Should it look like this?

!life_action_in_use && (player distance (getMarkerPos "weed_1") < 60) && OR(getMarkerPos "weed_2") < 40) && (vehicle player == player) && (life_carryWeight + (["cannabis"] call life_fnc_itemWeight)) <= life_maxWeight ']];

Is there any way to have police lights active during the daytime. I have looked through this thread and noticed that another person has done as I and removed the piece of code that prevents the text from being shown during the daytime.

This enabled me to select 'lights on', however, the lights do not function during the daytime.

SOLVED (somewhat)

anyone curious...

You must replace the following line from fn_setupactions

life_actions = life_actions + [player addAction["Siren Lights ON",{[[vehicle player,0.22],"life_fnc_copLights",true,false] spawn life_fnc_MP; vehicle player setVariable["lights",true,true];},"",0,false,false,"",' vehicle player != player && (typeOf vehicle player) == "C_Offroad_01_F" && !isNil {vehicle player getVariable "lights"} && ((driver vehicle player) == player) && !(vehicle player getVariable "lights") && sunOrMoon < 1']];

... with ...
	life_actions = life_actions + [player addAction["Siren Lights ON",{[[vehicle player,0.22],"life_fnc_copLights",true,false] spawn life_fnc_MP; vehicle player setVariable["lights",true,true];},"",0,false,false,"",' vehicle player != player && (typeOf vehicle player) == "C_Offroad_01_F" && !isNil {vehicle player getVariable "lights"} && ((driver vehicle player) == player) && !(vehicle player getVariable "lights")']];

... aka ...
remove "&& sunOrMoon < 1"

you must add to fn_coplights.sqf

_lightleft setLightDayLight true;
_lightright setLightDayLight true;

The first part adds the control to the scroll wheel during the daytime, and the last part allows the lights visible during the day.

Hope I can help someone out!

Matt

Edited by rushlink

Rushlink,

Is there a particular place you need to put the

_lightleft setLightDayLight true;

_lightright setLightDayLight true;

anywhere in particular in fn_copLights.sqf?

Can't seem to get it to work.

Hi Tonic,

in the Setupactions document under Siren lights, is there a way to add an extra line of code so that it check from where the vehicle is bought?

for instance to check if the vehicle was bought from cop_car_5?

Hi Tonic,

in the Setupactions document under Siren lights, is there a way to add an extra line of code so that it check from where the vehicle is bought?

for instance to check if the vehicle was bought from cop_car_5?

Could do: vehicle player in life_vehicles <-- life_vehicles is the variable that tracks all of your bought vehicles to use the keys. This would not limit it to the person who bought the vehicle but anyone that has the keys to the vehicle.

Hello Tonic, tell me please where is file with Cop Whitelist i hosting server with Altis Life on Vilayer. Thxy

Could do: vehicle player in life_vehicles <-- life_vehicles is the variable that tracks all of your bought vehicles to use the keys. This would not limit it to the person who bought the vehicle but anyone that has the keys to the vehicle.

you mean the variable in the unpacked life_server.pbo right?

is there no easier/faster way to implement this in the setup actions?

although your suggestion makes more sense, :)

So I was setting this up and everything works except people get kicked from the server saying "Cant set up session with server. Max of 3 tries reached. Please reconect"

Arma2Net log:

01/10/2014 12:06:51 Domain                        Name                Version   Publisher           Description
01/10/2014 12:06:51 DefaultDomain                 Arma2NETMySQL       0.1.0.0   firefly2442         Runs MySQL procedure commands.
01/10/2014 12:06:51 DefaultDomain                 Arma2NETMySQLCommand0.1.0.0   firefly2442         Runs raw MySQL/SQLite commands
01/10/2014 12:06:51 DefaultDomain                 Arma2NETMySQLCommandAsync0.1.0.0   firefly2442         Runs asynchronous raw MySQL/SQLite commands
01/10/2014 12:06:51 DefaultDomain                 ClrVersion          2.0.0.0   Scott_NZ            Retrieves the version of the Common Language Runtime.
01/10/2014 12:06:51 DefaultDomain                 CompareVersion      2.0.0.0   Scott_NZ            Compares two version strings and returns an integer indicating how they compare.
01/10/2014 12:06:51 DefaultDomain                 Version             2.0.0.0   Scott_NZ            Returns the version of Arma2NET.
01/10/2014 12:06:51 DefaultDomain                 GetClipboardText    1.0.0.0   Scott_NZ            Gets the clipboard text value.
01/10/2014 12:06:51 DefaultDomain                 SetClipboardText    1.0.0.0   Scott_NZ            Sets the clipboard to a text value.
01/10/2014 12:06:51 DefaultDomain                 CommandLine         2.0.0.0   Scott_NZ            Returns the command line used to start the application.
01/10/2014 12:06:51 DefaultDomain                 DateTime            2.0.0.0   Scott_NZ            Returns the current date and time.
01/10/2014 12:06:51 Arma2NET initialized in 00:00:00.9151720
01/10/2014 12:06:52 function: Arma2NETMySQLCommand ['arma3life', 'CALL resetLifeVehicles();']
01/10/2014 12:06:52 maxResultSize: 10239
01/10/2014 12:06:52 Result size: 4
01/10/2014 12:06:52 Result: [[]]
01/10/2014 12:07:00 function: Arma2NETMySQLCommand ['arma3life', 'SELECT playerid, name, cash, bankacc, civ_licenses, arrested, adminlevel, donatorlvl, civ_gear FROM players WHERE playerid='commented out'']
01/10/2014 12:07:00 maxResultSize: 10239
01/10/2014 12:07:00 Result size: 4
01/10/2014 12:07:00 Result: [[]]
01/10/2014 12:07:01 function: Arma2NETMySQLCommand ['arma3life', 'SELECT name, aliases FROM players WHERE playerid='commented out'']
01/10/2014 12:07:01 maxResultSize: 10239
01/10/2014 12:07:01 Result size: 4
01/10/2014 12:07:01 Result: [[]]
01/10/2014 12:07:01 function: Arma2NETMySQLCommand ['arma3life', 'INSERT INTO players (playerid, name, cash, bankacc, arrested, aliases, civ_gear) VALUES('commented out', 'Cpt.Crimson', '0', '3000', '0', '"[`Cpt.Crimson`]"','"[]"')']
01/10/2014 12:07:01 Result size: 13
01/10/2014 12:07:01 Result: [[["Error"]]]
01/10/2014 12:07:01 function: Arma2NETMySQLCommand ['arma3life', 'SELECT playerid, name, cash, bankacc, civ_licenses, arrested, adminlevel, donatorlvl, civ_gear FROM players WHERE playerid='commented out'']
01/10/2014 12:07:01 function: Arma2NETMySQLCommand ['arma3life', 'SELECT name, aliases FROM players WHERE playerid='commented out'']
01/10/2014 12:07:01 function: Arma2NETMySQLCommand ['arma3life', 'INSERT INTO players (playerid, name, cash, bankacc, arrested, aliases, civ_gear) VALUES('commented out', 'Cpt.Crimson', '0', '3000', '0', '"[`Cpt.Crimson`]"','"[]"')']
01/10/2014 12:07:01 Result size: 13
01/10/2014 12:07:01 Result: [[["Error"]]]
01/10/2014 12:07:01 function: Arma2NETMySQLCommand ['arma3life', 'SELECT playerid, name, cash, bankacc, civ_licenses, arrested, adminlevel, donatorlvl, civ_gear FROM players WHERE playerid='commented out'']
01/10/2014 12:07:02 function: Arma2NETMySQLCommand ['arma3life', 'SELECT name, aliases FROM players WHERE playerid='commented out'']
01/10/2014 12:07:02 maxResultSize: 10239
01/10/2014 12:07:02 Result size: 4
01/10/2014 12:07:02 Result: [[]]
01/10/2014 12:07:02 function: Arma2NETMySQLCommand ['arma3life', 'INSERT INTO players (playerid, name, cash, bankacc, arrested, aliases, civ_gear) VALUES('commented out', 'Cpt.Crimson', '0', '3000', '0', '"[`Cpt.Crimson`]"','"[]"')']
01/10/2014 12:07:02 Result size: 13
01/10/2014 12:07:02 Result: [[["Error"]]]
01/10/2014 12:07:02 function: Arma2NETMySQLCommand ['arma3life', 'SELECT playerid, name, cash, bankacc, civ_licenses, arrested, adminlevel, donatorlvl, civ_gear FROM players WHERE playerid='commented out'']
01/10/2014 12:07:02 Result size: 4
01/10/2014 12:07:02 Result: [[]]

Edited by thomash905

you mean the variable in the unpacked life_server.pbo right?

is there no easier/faster way to implement this in the setup actions?

although your suggestion makes more sense, :)

life_vehicles is client-side, it is used to track what vehicles the player has access to, adding that to the condition in the fn_setupActions.sqf or whatever the file is will make it work so only people with the keys can use the lights.

Is it possible to run 2 Altis Life servers off the same dedicated server box? Looking to put up a test server is all.