Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

Altis Life RPG

I tried to setup a linux altis life server using windows server files running with wine. But arma2net wont work. Anybody got arma2net working with linux?

It doesn't support Linux (at the moment, that may possibly change).

I tried to setup a linux altis life server using windows server files running with wine. But arma2net wont work. Anybody got arma2net working with linux?

Greetings Altis Life Community,

I have encoutered many problems with hacking lately. Yesterday on our "official" start we already had three hacker where we had to take the server down for some period of time and many small fishes. My knowledge of scripting is limited and my anti-cheat scripts would only stop the most stupid scriptkiddies from hacking the server. May you guys have any anti-cheat scripts you would share who could reduce it? Im kinda helpless against the enormous amount of hacker joining the server.

And Tonic thanks for writing the mod and keeping it updated I appreciate it and know how much work can be behind this.

depends on your linux distribution and your wine version...

i had it running with debian lenny and wine 1.5 (it was in summer 2013 so new working versions should be available now) with winetricks and all system depending frameworks etc...

hey hi tonic,is it possible for you to join my control panel and fixe it like i want???i am ready to pay you tonic.i am very lost in MySQL for whitelisted people and i dont know how to install housing.i try to add you steam,my name is colonel and steam user id is jackie6969.thanks to help me.oh and could you give me location of the file to remove on map sealteamsloth as donator...thanks.

Hey hi,i really need a direction to go!!!!altis life by TONIC

Hey hi,this is a topic for taw_tonic or the bohemia community,i rent a server at hfbserver altis life,the mod is made by tonic,all the tab for clan or donation etc. are to sealteamsloth.i rent a hfb server with the file of another clan in,wtf.was so hard to make this plain???i smell publicity cause all the people gona go in my sever gona donnate to teamsealsloth...and i was reading in a taw_tonic personal forum,that they dont add or help people to configure it.so,my question is,do i have to report all that at hfb server and ask tehm to have help remove this and configurate,or tonic could you make a plain version v3.1.4 exemple that is gona be clear of all shit from sealteamsloth???with no offense to anyone,i just need help,cause i rent a server that is suppose to be a altis life plain server,ready to play and it's not.i know you guys work hard on it but seriously we need more assistance for this.thanks for answering me,and sorry for my bad English.and again,with no ofeense for anyone.

depends on your linux distribution and your wine version...

i had it running with debian lenny and wine 1.5 (it was in summer 2013 so new working versions should be available now) with winetricks and all system depending frameworks etc...

i am really no noob at linux... so i would be very thankful for any help.

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 and Wine-1.7.15 - i think i have a problem with the frameworks - what exactly had you installed?

all i could get with winetricks... :cool:

I Have my own Altis Life server with plenty of great ideas that have not been implemented before. looking for a partner to help our network with coding and scripting. Please send me a PM if Interested.

Hello Tonic, I've got an issue with shops (3.1.2).

Basically I'm trying to include extra items using addons, as an example I will use the XMedSys Bandage:

class CfgWeapons
{
class ItemCore;
class x39_medicSystemItemInfo: ItemCore
{
	scope = 0;
};
class x39_bandage: x39_medicSystemItemInfo
{
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "$STR_X39_MedSys_var__Items_Weapons_Bandage";
	class ItemInfo
	{
		mass = 2;
		type = 201;
	};
	picture = "\X39_MedSys_Ressources\X39\Mods\MedSys\images\bandage.paa";
	descriptionShort = "";
};

I configured the shops and I can actually see the item. When I buy it, I've got no errors, money gets taken from me but the item is not there.

This happens with a lot of "addon" items (also attachments, headgear, glasses).

Do you have any clue on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Hey guys!

Is there a way to import the Altis life mission file to the 3D alpha editor?

If you know that, please tell it to me.

I wan't to edit the Altis map with the 3D editor.

Is that possible?

I want to disable the grass AltisLife, should I do in fn_settingsInit.sqf?

line 11

tawvd_addon_disable = true

and what syntax to use (tawvd_addon_disablenone = true) ?

thank you in advance Tonic.

Walt71.

Hey Guys,

I'm playing Altis Life since last week and I had some significant problems related to the synchronisation-Method.

Problem:

The inital Database-Entry was correctly created and the synchronisation due to death was also working as intended. But the user-invoked synchronisation (clicking the Sync button) wasn't working at all. I analyzed and debugged the scripts and I think that I tracked down the problem to the publicVariableServer function of the fn_MP script. In this case the function wasn't able to run the fn_update script on the server.

Solution:

I found some random entries of users with the same problem but no proper solution besides reinstalling the OS. The synchronisation was also working well via umts-internet connection. So I reinstalled the drivers of my network-card and the synchronisation problem was gone. Maybe this solution will help someone else.

Tonic: Great mod! :cc:

Edited by Niesl

Is there an effective way to filter for First Person Only servers in Altis Life?

Or any resource where we can find those? Everyone want's to see the gear they bought.

I've become comfortable flying in first person. I figure guys who could fly in first person, well, could strike up a booming business; if the server were locked into Veteran/Hardcore.

It's in life_server\core\system\fn_cleanup.sqf

Abandon / damaged vehicles are only cleaned up every 35 minutes and that takes in a few states. Is the vehicle damaged? (Engine,Wheel), are there players within 300m of the vehicle? If no then delete, if yes then skip. 3 minutes after that Misc items dropped from dead players are deleted and then 3 minutes after that all weapon holders (Items, clothes, weapons, etc) on the ground are deleted then it goes into a sleep state again for another 35 minutes.

Dead vehicles (Vehicles that can't be repaired period) are deleted every 2 minutes. There is no reason to keep those on the map because they're dead, there is nothing to do with them at all. That is controled via cleanup.fsm

What I have to change when I want to keep wrecks up to 30 minutes? in the fn_cleanup.sqf there is no value to change?

I have the problem that wrecks despawning instantly after burning down.

Thank you for a short reply

Is there an effective way to filter for First Person Only servers in Altis Life?

Or any resource where we can find those? Everyone want's to see the gear they bought.

I've become comfortable flying in first person. I figure guys who could fly in first person, well, could strike up a booming business; if the server were locked into Veteran/Hardcore.

I'd like to know as well - played some altis life for the first time since months yesterday and quite enjoyed it in its current state. Now all I need is a first person only, no crosshair server, yet I can't find one...

First I would like to congratulate Tonic for your work. Sorry for the English. I'm from Brazil.

Wanted to know if there is any way to add a scrip showing

deaths and how many killed, and their money, and XP.

Thank you!

Hello, i made this to help Altis life Community : http://www.gameoverblog.fr/?p=3469

But there is a 3.1.2 Version of altis life :( Where i can find an update for private Server install ?

Bonjour, J'ai fait un tuto pour aider la communauté Altis life : http://www.gameoverblog.fr/?p=3469

cependant c'est pour la version 3.1.2 d'altis life, ou puis-je trouver une version plus récente pour serveur privé ?

Thx a lot / En vous remerciant

hey guys set up a new community with a friend of mine, its called Inner Fire Gaming. We have our own server just filter innerfiregaming on gamespy. Teamspeak details are 199.116.113.43 feel free to join. We are looking for whitelisted Rebel and APD members! Anyone is welcome to join!

We are a UK and US based community.

We don't just play Altis life, We play Wasteland, Zeus, The Stomping Land, DayZ, Gmod, Total War Rome 2, War Thunder and many more!

Hope to see some of you on there!

Frak.

UPDATE: 3.1.3

Change log:

Added: Revive System and EMS faction / side

Added: New tempest truck to the carshop (Weight settings and prices)

Added: Ability to jump (Shift + Space)

Added: Fail safe for the interaction key (breaks randomy)

Added: Anti-cheat system re-introducerd (SpyGlass).

Added: Body & weapon cleanup for disconnected users.

Added: Two new hospital locations.

Added: The vehicle & Garage menu has been upgraded after a year (finally).

Added: Kart Dealership & Clothing store.

Added: Work-around for non Kart-Owners (Use Interaction key to get in Kart, must be unlocked).

Added: Vehicle flip action to Interaction menu.

Added: Push functionality introduced for boats again via Interaction menu.

Added: Ability to holster weapons (Shift + H to holster, Ctrl + H to unholster).

Added: Ability to auto-mine with the Tempest Device (Consumes fuel per mining cycle).

Changed: Rewrite of fast-time module (timeModule.fsm)

Changed: Replaced all ATM's with new ATM Model

Changed: Updated the gear handling functionality (Fixes exploits with gear handling)

Changed: The timer on the jail & Respawn menu have been changed to display MM:ss:ms

Changed: Weather settings changed to sunny forecast (Should get rid of random fog & rain).

Changed: Improved sync of cop gear

Changed: Re-organized the server-side file structure

Changed: The server now overwrites the BIS MP framework (Blocks out BIS_fnc_MP)

Changed: BIS_fnc_endMission can no longer be passed through life_fnc_MP

Changed: Paycheck variable moved to a constant variable (Exploit fixes).

Changed: Paycheck time period moved to a constant variable (Exploit fixes).

Changed: All SQL Query methods now run through an asynchronous method (Improves server performance).

Changed: More characters are stripped from the players name before going into the database (Prevention of SQL Injection).

Fixed: Various exploits related to gear syncing.

Fixed: Exploits from picking up money.

Fixed: Vehicles did not cleanup properly and did not store them back into the garage.

Fixed: Several client-side functions being executed on the server.

Fixed: Error in the wanted system when players are in jail.

Fixed: When taking illegal items from a search the weight did not adjust.

Fixed: You can now set vehicle prices to values greater then 2mil. Limitation caused by lbSetValue.

Fixed: Players would go bankrupt from the Federal reserve being robbed even with insurance.

Removed: Donator system has been removed due a request from Bohemia Interactive.

*Not full list of changes but the highlights*.

Credits & Thanks:

TheAussieButcher from Day0 community for EMS Uniform texture.

Joe90384 code submission for reading turtle pricing from config.

Angrygargamel code submission for small text fixes.

Download:

Altis Life RPG v3.1.3

Edited by Tonic-_-

Great work Tonic! Thanks. :)

Dirty Haz

some people prefer to not follow tonics requests to not remove the credit lines and mod name stuff

and change it to their own version number and stuff like they want..

so whereever you saw this 4.0 i can tell you its not an official version of tonic...

it will be based on an official version and was modified by the serverowners and tagged as 4.0 then...

other examples are blackwing gaming or ghosts of altis who has 5.0 already now... where the modfiles they use are still based on tonics 3.1.1 files sometimes ^^

Does anyone have a solid way of working out player position persistence for 3.1.2?