Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

Altis Life RPG

Tonic - Why did you change the files from STS_ to TON_ ? It completely messes with so many files, you're basically making new users rewrite or edit EVERY file on their server... It's a complete mindf*ck.

I'm sorry that it's to complicated to do find & replace in files in one go.

Another thing Tonic...

I think replacing the MOUSE WHEEL interaction system is taking a turn for the worst in Altis Life honestly. It's the easiest and most functional key for most players including myself.. Changing it to the windows key or any other KEY BINDING aside of the scroll wheel makes it kind of... Boring and just less interactive and compelling.

You want the performance issues then be my guest, go back to that and have clients running around 15-35FPS. I'm not stopping you.

Hello,

I would like donors and only they, can have access to custom skins.

I see in the "fn_vehicleColorCfg.sqf" file that you can put "donate" but it does not work.

Is it possible to do that?

If so, how?

Thank you to all

Nice one tonic..

Increased frames loads within the major cities.

Many thanks for the hard work and time taken.

I'm sorry that it's to complicated to do find & replace in files in one go.

You want the performance issues then be my guest, go back to that and have clients running around 15-35FPS. I'm not stopping you.

I get 40-60fps for most users on our server at the moment with 3.1.1

ONE QUESTION:

I did import EVERYTHING to the new system but it's still using scroll menu for everything. Any ideas what could be causing this?

I also tested VANILLA and same thing, nothing in action 10 works. just the scroll wheel, (Vanilla life_server and altis mission)

Edited by BTNGaming

Looking for a little help for anyone that is willing...

I'm trying to add a new table to the database(maybe multiple new tables), for rebel/gang whitelisting etc.. I can add the table to the database, but I haven't quite figured out how I can actually utilize it in a script. I've tried to compare/contrast between coplevel and donatorlvl but it's gotten me nowhere. Obviously you can't just add a rebellvl table and utilize it with life_rebellvl in a script. Obviously I'm no expert in SQL databases, or even coding, but I'm fairly decent at figuring things out/editing so even a brief explanation to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Does anyone know any good Anti hacks, sick of these hackers coming on and just killing everyone.

Also i'm having a issue about vehicle's, When someone buys a permanent vehicle is says they don't have the required license when they really do.

Hello,

I would like donors and only they, can have access to custom skins.

I see in the "fn_vehicleColorCfg.sqf" file that you can put "donate" but it does not work.

Is it possible to do that?

If so, how?

Thank you to all

Go to core > config > fn_vehicleList.Cfg.sqf

You'll see code such as if(__GETC__(life_donator) > 1) then .... basically that means all players with a donator level greater than 1 will be able to get those certain vehicles.

I am having issues with the Garages, They dont fetch the vehicles! what could i do maybe copy paste some files from old one and which ones

pluss my lisences they are in my invetory shows up but i had to buy new ones and they dublicated over ? wtf i am trying to update ma server

Edited by songer

I did import EVERYTHING to the new system but it's still using scroll menu for everything. Any ideas what could be causing this?

I also tested VANILLA and same thing, nothing in action 10 works. just the scroll wheel, (Vanilla life_server and altis mission)

If you downloaded from Armaholic they have not yet uploaded the new version. The only mouse scroll wheel options for the player are drug/apple/peach fields and non-player based actions are on NPC's.

I am having issues with the Garages, They dont fetch the vehicles! what could i do maybe copy paste some files from old one and which ones

pluss my lisences they are in my invetory shows up but i had to buy new ones and they dublicated over ? wtf i am trying to update ma server

If you snatched the server-side files for 3.1.2 as stated above by BTN it won't work by just using that and changing only a few client-side. The simple solution and this is using a real editor (Notepad++ or Sublime) is to do Ctrl + Shift + H or Search->Find in files and put STS_ and replace with TON_ and that fixes that issue. Copying and pasting other peoples variants will also lead to breakage.

And done with questions I have started up my own website dedicated to 'Altis Life RPG'. This website will hopefully be the central place for playing & editing Altis Life RPG and get rid of the excessive spam on the BIS forums as I am sure I have shamed the rest of the ARMA community by bringing in people asking questions in the wrong places :P

Was a $445 investment for software, dedicated box and other things but I don't care it's about the love :)

If you downloaded from Armaholic they have not yet uploaded the new version. The only mouse scroll wheel options for the player are drug/apple/peach fields and non-player based actions are on NPC's.

If you snatched the server-side files for 3.1.2 as stated above by BTN it won't work by just using that and changing only a few client-side. The simple solution and this is using a real editor (Notepad++ or Sublime) is to do Ctrl + Shift + H or Search->Find in files and put STS_ and replace with TON_ and that fixes that issue. Copying and pasting other peoples variants will also lead to breakage.

And done with questions I have started up my own website dedicated to 'Altis Life RPG'. This website will hopefully be the central place for playing & editing Altis Life RPG and get rid of the excessive spam on the BIS forums as I am sure I have shamed the rest of the ARMA community by bringing in people asking questions in the wrong places :P

Was a $445 investment for software, dedicated box and other things but I don't care it's about the love :)

Your website doesn't accept ANY of my steam PlayerID's

The following errors were found:

PlayerID: The data you entered is not in the correct format

I've tried, Username, Player ID number, Steamcommunity profile link, etc.

Finally got it... Had to fail about 30 times and keep retrying with my Player ID Number, it randomly accepted it.

Your website doesn't accept ANY of my steam PlayerID's

The following errors were found:

PlayerID: The data you entered is not in the correct format

I've tried, Username, Player ID number, Steamcommunity profile link, etc.

It's not required to join but I'll look into it.

*Edit* The PlayerID field accepts only Steam64Base ID's or "Arma 3 Player ID's" i.e: 76561198060146341

our service truck is not working anymore.. seems like any custom addActions not working properly anymore with 3.1.2. do i miss sonething?

greetings

our service truck is not working anymore.. seems like any custom addActions not working properly anymore with 3.1.2. do i miss sonething?

greetings

Actions have been removed in 3.1.2 as they are the sole cause for performance issues. The large majority of actions have been moved to the Interaction key. As stated in the notes of the 3.1.2 it explains what that key does. Service truck was something that has been obsolete since Stratis life in the alpha/beta which is why it doesn't work with this update.

I have made a DB, where do I add this to the server at?

you add it to the Databases.txt file in the server root folder or in the Appdata -> Local ->Arma2NETMySQL -> Databases.txt.

Depends where it is.

Edited by sensityy

Go to core > config > fn_vehicleList.Cfg.sqf

You'll see code such as if(__GETC__(life_donator) > 1) then .... basically that means all players with a donator level greater than 1 will be able to get those certain vehicles.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your reply.

I'll test tonight.

Is it possible to update its "3.0.9" to "3.1.1" without having to redo everything?

If so, I am looking for a person who could help me transform my map because I edit a lot of files on it and I saw that the 3.1.1 files are changed a lot.

I am willing to pay, depending on the price of course.

thank you

How would i add custom spawn points for donators?

Also how do i add another cocaine field?

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

How do we give the spawn point a name once you have "civ_spawn_5" ?

civ_spawn_5 is suppose to be a marker. You need to open the mission in the mission editor and place the marker down where you want them to spawn and name it civ_spawn_5.
Edited by Draxick

How would i add custom spawn points for donators?

Also how do i add another cocaine field?

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

How do we give the spawn point a name once you have "civ_spawn_5" ?

http://www.altisliferpg.com/topic/5-document-spawn-point-configuration/

Somewhat what you are looking for.

Hi,

is thre an option to configure or change trunk sizes of the vehicles? Or to add a trunk to vehicles?

My goal is add a trunk to a quad. I have searched the mission and addon files but didn't found anything.

Many thanks & Allaaaf!! ;)

Combed all 920 posts on this thread, but there still is not an answer on how to swap the textures for the police uniforms (not the cars). We have tried everything. "setObjectTexture" (both this and Global attached at the end) and command "spawn BIS_fnc_MP" in multiple areas with multiple sqfs, and still nothing unfortunately.

By that, we have used player setObjectTexture [0, "texture\police_uni.paa"]; creating a separate file in the functions folder with a call function in the fn_initCop.sqf. As well as various other things. Still nothing.

Has anyone figured it out, and would be an awesome person on here and tell us exactly how? I am sure that a ton of people would be extremely grateful for the information.

Thanks.

Edited by auzgamer
left out file

we just try it on a addon, for the time but we still have the probem that both textures "U_Rangemaster" and the texture overlay from the addon itself ... someone has a solution for this?

Is it intended that the definer of the MySQL procedures is root instead of the DB user + EXECUTE *and* DELETE perms?

Edited by idl0r

Is it intended that the definer of the MySQL procedures is root instead of the DB user + EXECUTE *and* DELETE perms?

DELETE permission should never be given to your servers user but it's not required that the definer is root just the definer has to be a user with DELETE permissions and not the user that will be accessing the database from Arma2MySQL. This is solely for your own servers security and protection.

Hello, how i can i add white list for cops ?

Username and ID ? And who in missions ?