Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

Altis Life RPG

working on it for days now no one have a idea tested the same like you and in many other files nothing works (policeuniforms)

working on it for days now no one have a idea tested the same like you and in many other files nothing works (policeuniforms)

Actually, that code works, as I have had it in our build for the past 4 weeks!

Actually, that code works, as I have had it in our build for the past 4 weeks!

What code do you mean? My uniform code unfortunately doesn't work :/

This seems to be the problem most of the server admins have.

What code do you mean? My uniform code unfortunately doesn't work :/

This seems to be the problem most of the server admins have.

The code I have in our build which yours look very similar to, if not the exact same works! You need to learn where to put it, I am not going to let you know that because the more you learn how the code is structured the more chance you have to give something back to the community.

The code I have in our build which yours look very similar to, if not the exact same works! You need to learn where to put it, I am not going to let you know that because the more you learn how the code is structured the more chance you have to give something back to the community.

Wouldn't this be the perfect chance for you to give something back to the community? :p

I've also helped quite a few people out with their scripts.

hi, i've a problem, when a cop buy anything, and sync his data with the sql it save all, when he loose magazines, guns... and sync the data with the mysql it don't want to save the changes, if he reconnect the script load the gear with the first sync, why? :(

I kind of don't like how you put that... You do realize this is a place to HELP PEOPLE, not brag and leave them stranded right? That's kind of a dick move... Just saying.

I've helped people the last... 40+Pages now just because I can. Why can't you be respectful enough to help a single person?

hi, i've a problem, when a cop buy anything, and sync his data with the sql it save all, when he loose magazines, guns... and sync the data with the mysql it don't want to save the changes, if he reconnect the script load the gear with the first sync, why? :(

I have answered this SEVERAL SEVERAL times... Read back for the cop gear saving fixes...

oh, sorry, i looked about 30-40 page of this thread but maybe i have not seen anything, but now i will look better ;)

I have a problem with the sound for the car lock and unlock. on my server only the vehicle owner can hear the sound. not all players. i have seen on other server the unlock sound can hear all players. Where is my error in the settings?

Can anyone give me the script for carsound, my carsound file is named "carsound.ogg" some help would be nice :)

UPDATE: 3.1.2

Notes:

Interaction Key: The Interaction key replaces a lot of player-based addActions and also introduces Interaction menu for vehicles & players. This is a huge performance gain over the old addAction based methods. The key by default is binded to Left Control, to change this to a different button Goto Configure->Controls->Custom and bind Use Action 10 to change it. Currently it only supports single keys such as H or 1.

Localization: The system was localized by only 5-12% and did not finish it. Will finish it in 3.1.3 just felt this updated was needed more to be pushed.

If you were a host having issues with new players joining & getting stuck with a black screen then run the following SQL queries, these only need to be ran once AFTER applying the new patch:

UPDATE `players` SET `cop_licenses` = '"[]"' WHERE `cop_licenses` IS NULL

UPDATE `players` SET `civ_licenses` = '"[]"' WHERE `civ_licenses` IS NULL

UPDATE `players` SET `civ_gear` = '"[]"' WHERE `civ_gear` IS NULL

UPDATE `players` SET `cop_gear` = '"[]"' WHERE `cop_gear` IS NULL

Change Log:

Added: Ability to cancel various actions by moving (S,W,A,D).

Added: Progress bar to the lockpicking action.

Added: Interaction Key replacing addActions (Huge performance gain, read notes about it).

Added: Lockpicks can now be used to uncuff other players.

Added: Cops can now search civilians for licenses only thus getting rid of illegal searches for drugs.

Added: Siren lights are now activated by Left shift + L (Also a surprise for it..).

Changed: Cop NPC vendors changed to range master NPC.

Changed: Quadbike no longer requires a driver license to operate/buy.

Changed: This was included in 3.1.1 but not announced, players in jail no longer show on wanted list.

Changed: fn_handleDamage was changed for proper condition checking and prioritization (Should no longer die from tazers).

Changed: Optimized cop markers.

Changed: Optimized view distance checking system.

Changed: Optimized misc functions.

Changed: Cleanup of multiple-server side cleanup functions.

Changed: Vehicle cleanup was bumped to 60-minute cycles.

Changed: Removed server-side dead vehicle & body cleanup. Now uses A3 internal cleanup system.

Fixed: At the chop shop you were able to sell cars near by with people in them.

Fixed: Donator shop didn't work due to previous patch changes.

Fixed: People could lock/unlock a vehicle when inside it without having the keys.

Fixed: Players could buy regular vehicles without owning the proper license.

Fixed: Some hosts couldn't handle NULL exceptions thus breaking the initialization for the login (read notes).

Fixed: Missing marker for rebel vehicle spawning.

Fixed: When trying to sell medkits (when full) you got an error saying you were full :\

Fixed: Erorr: No Unit should no longer be saved in the database as the players name.

Fixed: SQL Saving would become broken with charaters such as '/\`:|;," in the players name.

Fixed: As a cop when picking up illegal items it said $any (even though you did receive the money).

Fixed: Vehicle cleanup didn't put the permanent vehicle back into the garage.

Download:

Altis Life RPG v3.1.2

Edited by Tonic-_-

Tonic -

I don't know if this is causing a problem or not, but I noticed this error in fn_broadcast.sqf, lines 21 and 31:

/*
File: fn_broadcast.sqf
Author: Bryan "Tonic" Boardwine

Description:
Broadcast system used in the life mission for multi-notification purposes.
*/
private["_type","_message"];
_type = [_this,0,0,[[],0]] call BIS_fnc_param;
_message = [_this,1,"",[""]] call BIS_fnc_param;
if(_message == "") exitwith {};

if(typeName _type == "ARRAY") then
{
for "_i" from 0 to (count _type)-1 do
{
	switch((_type select _i)) do
	{
		case 0: {systemChat _message};
		case 1: {hint format["%1", _message]};
		case 2: {titleText[format["%1",_message],"PLAIN"];}  // brace and semicolon are out of order
	};
};
}
else
{
switch (_type) do
{
	case 2: {titleText[format["%1",_message],"PLAIN"];}  // brace and semicolon are out of order
};
};

Tonic -

I don't know if this is causing a problem or not, but I noticed this error in fn_broadcast.sqf, lines 21 and 31:

/*
File: fn_broadcast.sqf
Author: Bryan "Tonic" Boardwine

Description:
Broadcast system used in the life mission for multi-notification purposes.
*/
private["_type","_message"];
_type = [_this,0,0,[[],0]] call BIS_fnc_param;
_message = [_this,1,"",[""]] call BIS_fnc_param;
if(_message == "") exitwith {};

if(typeName _type == "ARRAY") then
{
for "_i" from 0 to (count _type)-1 do
{
	switch((_type select _i)) do
	{
	};
};
}
else
{
switch (_type) do
{
};
};

Hmm, never noticed that.. Because it is towards the end I never got an error. It actually doesn't throw an error but won't function.. Don't think I even use that anymore. Will fix it in next one however.

great job tonic, can't wait to update our server later today.

are there any changes in the life_server or the arma3life.sql? we've made some custom changes and i'm looking into what to change for the update.

best greetings, appreciate your work!

great job tonic, can't wait to update our server later today.

are there any changes in the life_server or the arma3life.sql? we've made some custom changes and i'm looking into what to change for the update.

best greetings, appreciate your work!

Most changes can be found on here: https://github.com/TAWTonic/Altis-Life by going back through the previous commits but arma3life.sql hasn't changed but the server-side has changed. I tend to stay away from schema changes at all costs.

As future note I only use the github for pushing fixes / updates for my aussie friends at Day0 so most commits are untested but work in theory.

Awesome thanks man, also have you figured out how to get cop uniforms working i really need that :C

Change the highlighted code of core\session\fn_sessionReceive.sqf

Could anyone check my code and tell me why this is not working for me?

This is the fn_loadGear.sqf for cops.

http://i.imgur.com/vB6Tnkh.png

---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 ----------

Would anyone know the steps of adding a new faction such as Medics, what will i need to do and how can i do it :P ?

sry - nvm

Edited by djules

hmmm we changed from 3.1.1 to 3.1.2 and as cops we cant impound cop vehicles / restrain is only possible with the hotkey / Give Ticket / Search Player etc.

the whole police stuff not working

omg....now i read the full changelog with the new menu. Nice but a little bit hard to control it fast ( example if you tazed someone )

Edited by wrongbottle

we have only the issue that unrestrained players can't logout

Tonic - Why did you change the files from STS_ to TON_ ? It completely messes with so many files, you're basically making new users rewrite or edit EVERY file on their server... It's a complete mindf*ck.

Not discrediting your work or anything but that made me decide to change EVERYTHING that says TON back to STS in the new files i have to update, and now your "Author" section says Bryan "STSic" Boardwine lol.

P.S. FOR ANYONE THAT I HELP OUT - Do not act like this "Dystriker" kid did and DEMAND things from me please. I spent the weekend with my daughter and he got mad that I didn't respond to him immediately and said "Then answer me and tell me that" and gets REALLY cocky and the attitude is not needed as it is me helping out of freewill and thinking people can learn from what I can help with. =]

Edited by BTNGaming

Hm,

the Arma client just hangs when joining the server with 3.1.2. I first thought it's just me but all others had the same issue so we downgraded to 3.1.1.

There's nothing in the server logs so far so I may have to check the client side log since the client hangs, not the server.

Btw. What's wrong with schema changes, what you mentioned above?

Hi,

I was wondering when I add textures to uniforms, I can see them myself, but other players cannot see them. Am I missing something.

Thanks

Another thing Tonic...

I think replacing the MOUSE WHEEL interaction system is taking a turn for the worst in Altis Life honestly. It's the easiest and most functional key for most players including myself.. Changing it to the windows key or any other KEY BINDING aside of the scroll wheel makes it kind of... Boring and just less interactive and compelling.