Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

Altis Life RPG

It requires more addons, such as Extended Event Handlers.

Don't you fret, friend. I'll get it working for you. ;)

Managed to figure out what the issue was.. Bad mission file(s).. ;-;

Does anyone know how i would go about changing the Y and shop menu's colours? Maybe to green or even blue? If so, how many files would i have to make edits to? :P

Don't you fret, friend. I'll get it working for you. ;)

Would certainly make police chases and running from cops much more interesting. If you manage to get this working, i'd love to get my hands on the how-to for this :D

Edited by zSwayz

Hello, i know how to add custom cars textures but how can i add custom Cop texture ??

Hi !

I have a problem with my Altis Life server. I added new weapons like MXM or Lynx (They are in the game) to the Cop Shop and when we sync data with the news weapons, it's not saved but if we have the old weapons, it's saved.

Anyone can help me please ?

Good evening!

I configurated the server and include the Altis Life Mod and

we have a full 60 slot server with very wunderful permance.

To expand the server we've edit the slots via. edit the config.

Now there's the big problem!

It's not possible, that the server get more then 64 slots.

If i configurated for example 100 slots, the server will only

have 64 slots (the multiplayer list is telling me).

I could edit the slots downwards, but not upwards, higher than 64 slots.

WE NEED HELP, AS FAST AS IT'S POSSIBLE!

Kinds regards

#FakE - Philip (German)

Edited by FakE

Hello, i know how to add custom cars textures but how can i add custom Cop texture ??

You add it the exact same way but in the vehiclecolor config you do "cop" instead of "civ" next to the texture information.

Hi !

I have a problem with my Altis Life server. I added new weapons like MXM or Lynx (They are in the game) to the Cop Shop and when we sync data with the news weapons, it's not saved but if we have the old weapons, it's saved.

Anyone can help me please ?

You have to add those weapons in the \core\cop\ fn_loadGear & fn_saveGear under _allowedItems

hi i try to use my key bindings but they dont work can you tell me why it doesent work?

This sounds like an issue on clientside, not on server side. You may want to try different key bindings and see if that works, if so, you might be trying to overwrite current bindings that can't be changed?

Good evening!

I configurated the server and include the Altis Life Mod and

we have a full 60 slot server with very wunderful permance.

To expand the server we've edit the slots via. edit the config.

Now there's the big problem!

It's not possible, that the server get more then 64 slots.

If i configurated for example 100 slots, the server will only

have 64 slots (the multiplayer list is telling me).

I could edit the slots downwards, but not upwards, higher than 64 slots.

WE NEED HELP, AS FAST AS IT'S POSSIBLE!

Kinds regards

#FakE - Philip (German)

In your servers configuration file you need to set it to 100 or whatever you want it at. It will show 64 until you get a couple people in the server, I'm not sure why it does that though.

In your servers configuration file you need to set it to 100 or whatever you want it at. It will show 64 until you get a couple people in the server, I'm not sure why it does that though.

Does anyone know, how to fix this problem?

Are there 100 slots usaable, if I configured them or not?

The list is always shown 64 slots, not one more.

Could more than 64 players connect or NOT?

Did you not just see what I said? It will show 64 until you get a couple people on the server, then it will change to 100 and yes 100 people can connect if your system/server can handle it.

Mine does the same thing.

Add some playable units to the mission and set them as slots.

Does the donator gun store not work for anyone else?

This is my donator part of weaponShopCfg:

case "donator":
{
	switch(true) do
	{
		case (__GETC__(life_donator) == 0): {"no donator!"};
		case (__GETC__(life_donator) == 1):
		{
			["donator: 1",
				[
					["hgun_Rook40_F",nil,30000],
					["hgun_PDW2000_F",nil,50000],
					["optic_ACO_grn_smg",nil,85000],
					["ToolKit",nil,50],
					["itemgps",nil,50],
					["16Rnd_9x21_Mag",nil,25],
					["30Rnd_9x21_Mag",nil,75]
				]
			];
		};

case (__GETC__(life_donator) == 2):
		{
			["donator: 2",
				[
					["hgun_Rook40_F",nil,25000],
					["hgun_PDW2000_F",nil,45000],
					["arifle_MK20C_plain_F",nil,105000],
					["optic_ACO_grn_smg",nil,80000],
					["NVGoggles",nil,350],
					["ToolKit",nil,50],
					["itemgps",nil,50],
					["30Rnd_9x21_Mag",nil,75],
					["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",nil,125]
				]
			];
		};

case (__GETC__(life_donator) >= 3):
		{
			["donator: 3 ",
				[
					["hgun_Rook40_F",nil,20000],
					["hgun_PDW2000_F",nil,40000],
					["hgun_pistol_heavy_01_F",nil,20000],
					["arifle_Mk20C_plain_F",nil,100000],
					["optic_ACO_grn_smg",nil,250000],
					["optic_MRCO",nil,75000],
					["NVGoggles",nil,350],
					["ToolKit",nil,50],
					["itemgps",nil,50],
					["FirstAidKit",nil,25],
					["30Rnd_9x21_Mag",nil,75],
					["11Rnd_45ACP_Mag",nil,85],
					["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",nil,125]
				]
			];
		};
	};
};

Edited by chrisyou

So we're up and running and just hit 80 players for the first time today after a week and a half of being online. We have a great server with some great custom scripts, but it seems we hit a major wall around the 50 player mark. The server handles desync and the like pretty well (it's a 12-core NFO VDS with SSD), but it seems there's a point where the server just stops computing. Things like syncing, garage requests, and all other server-side execution like the federal reserve just stop or take several minutes to compute. "Server: Network message 3adfef3 is pending" messages start appearing with high frequency in the logs. Anyone pretty familiar with optimizing this mission to handle 80 players? We feel like we have the hardware to do it, but again, we're hitting a wall here. Any help would be much appreciated.

@BNTGaming: Thank You!

We managed to get the new vehicle skins working. Now we want to change the Police skins. Any clues?

CHRISYOU, Try the code that was posted about 10 pages back, that was answered 3-4 different times.

DBURKE, Sounds like your system can't handle running that many people honestly.

TermiGR, You do the EXACT SAME THING for COP skins as youo do for civ skins, You just add the skin into your servers pbo and link to it in the vehiclecolorlist file and at the end, instead of "civ" put "cop"

=]

Hi all !

My problem with the Cop Weapons not saved is resolved , thanks man !

But now i have an other "problem", What admin menu can I add with commands such as teleportation and other please ?

And How can i put automaticaly restarts servers ? Like all 4 hours ?

Edited by Dystriker

CHRISYOU, Try the code that was posted about 10 pages back, that was answered 3-4 different times.

DBURKE, Sounds like your system can't handle running that many people honestly.

TermiGR, You do the EXACT SAME THING for COP skins as youo do for civ skins, You just add the skin into your servers pbo and link to it in the vehiclecolorlist file and at the end, instead of "civ" put "cop"

=]

Yeah, I'm getting that, but I'm also just as confused by that. Again, it's the fastest VDS that NFO offers with a SSD and everything. If that can't handle 80 players, what can? (We are moving to a full-box dedi, but from what I've read, we'd only see a 20% performance boost, max)

Edit: Oh, and CPU use hovers only around 30% and RAM isn't an issue, some again, I'm lost. Do you think that the cores ArmA runs on itself are just maxed out?

Yeah, I'm getting that, but I'm also just as confused by that. Again, it's the fastest VDS that NFO offers with a SSD and everything. If that can't handle 80 players, what can? (We are moving to a full-box dedi, but from what I've read, we'd only see a 20% performance boost, max)

Edit: Oh, and CPU use hovers only around 30% and RAM isn't an issue, some again, I'm lost. Do you think that the cores ArmA runs on itself are just maxed out?

I'm on an NFOServer Dedi currently and our performance is amazing, 40-60fps non stop WHILE streaming. and our RAM hovers around... 10% i think? Lemme check right now.

2 servers running: 7% cpu usage, and 16% memory usage.

It's all on how you setup your server honestly, There has to be something on your end that isn't set properly.

So After trying multiple things my server continues to crash when I join. there is nothing in rpt erroring so im lost

I'm on an NFOServer Dedi currently and our performance is amazing, 40-60fps non stop WHILE streaming. and our RAM hovers around... 10% i think? Lemme check right now.

2 servers running: 7% cpu usage, and 16% memory usage.

It's all on how you setup your server honestly, There has to be something on your end that isn't set properly.

I looked at my cpu core usage, and it appears that 2 of the 12 cores are maxed out. The rest barely at 10%. Any way to better utilize ALL or at least more of the cores?

Idk where to post this but I'm looking for a altis life group to play with, I'm tired of getting robbed and killed. Must be a US server, I'm 21, and I have a mic. My steam name is America , send me a friend request or shoot me a message on here, thanks.

I looked at my cpu core usage, and it appears that 2 of the 12 cores are maxed out. The rest barely at 10%. Any way to better utilize ALL or at least more of the cores?

Make sure in your shortcut you right click and go to properties, And make sure to add "-world=empty" without quotes. That can help. A LOT!

Idk where to post this but I'm looking for a altis life group to play with, I'm tired of getting robbed and killed. Must be a US server, I'm 21, and I have a mic. My steam name is America , send me a friend request or shoot me a message on here, thanks.

Add my steam: BTNGaming or Skype: KDawg08

I'm on 24hrs a day, well... My computer is, I'm on anywhere from 8-16hrs a day.

Edited by BTNGaming

Make sure in your shortcut you right click and go to properties, And make sure to add "-world=empty" without quotes. That can help. A LOT!

Add my steam: BTNGaming or Skype: KDawg08

Or just come to TS where I'm at about 14hours a day lately doing graphics for mine and my buddies server (California hosted) ts3.luxegaming.com

(Tonic - If posting any of the above info is unacceptable in here, just let me know and I'll remove it, Don't want to step on any toes)

-world=empty is already in there. Really just need to figure out a way to use the other cores more effectively rather than just the 2 at max, but I'm guessing that's an Arma issue and not something I can fix.

Hello,

Could you tell me how to save the RPG for civilians?

I have this script for backing up other weapons

/*

File: fn_saveGear.sqf

Author: Bryan "Tonic" Boardwine

Description:

Saves the player / cops gear in a formatted array.

*/

private["_primary","_handgun","_magazines","_uniform","_vest","_backpack","_items","_primitems","_secitems","_handgunitems","_uitems","_vitems","_bitems","_curWep"];

//Old format / code

_primary = primaryWeapon player;

_handgun = handGunWeapon player;

_magazines = [];

_uniform = uniform player;

_vest = vest player;

_backpack = backpack player;

_items = assignedItems player;

_primitems = primaryWeaponItems player;

_secitems = secondaryWeaponItems player;

_handgunitems = handGunItems player;

_uitems = [];

_vitems = [];

_bitems = [];

if(_uniform != "") then {{_uitems set[count _uitems,_x];} foreach (uniformItems player);};

if(_vest != "") then {{_vitems set[count _vitems,_x];} foreach (vestItems player);};

if(_backpack != "") then {{_bitems set[count _bitems,_x];} foreach (backPackItems player);};

if(goggles player != "") then { _items set[count _items, goggles player]; };

if(headgear player != "") then { _items set[count _items, headgear player]; };

if(count (primaryWeaponMagazine player) > 0) then

{

{

_magazines set[count _magazines,_x];

} foreach (primaryWeaponMagazine player);

};

if(count (handgunMagazine player) > 0) then

{

{

_magazines set[count _magazines,_x];

} foreach (handgunMagazine player);

};

//Hard code for Laser Desigantor batteries

_curWep = currentWeapon player;

if("Laserdesignator" in assignedItems player) then

{

player selectWeapon "Laserdesignator";

if(currentMagazine player != "") then {_magazines set[count _magazines,(currentMagazine player)];};

};

player selectWeapon _curWep;

cop_gear = [_primary,_handgun,_magazines,_uniform,_vest,_backpack,_items,_primitems,_secitems,_handgunitems,_uitems,_vitems,_bitems];

thank you

Edited by Rius

Hello,

Could you tell me how to save the RPG for civilians?

I have this script for backing up other weapons

thank you

Thank you for checking back for them... I hate having to repost the same thing over and over lol.

Sorry, I read quite a page without finding the solution.

I will try to look your post