Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

Altis Life RPG

I have a question for anyone that might be willing to help. Does anyone know how I can setup the copgear files so that it saves AND LOADS the police in with WHATEVER GEAR THEY SYNC DATA WITH. When I spawn them in it gives them default gear, if i disable that, they spawn naked.

I want them to be able to save and load back in with whatever gear they synced data in. Simple as that.

No Vehicles showing up in any of the vehicle shops, I haven't touched anything related to them yet.... everything else is working... running 3.1.1

No Vehicles showing up in any of the vehicle shops, I haven't touched anything related to them yet.... everything else is working... running 3.1.1

Something you messed with changed it then because all vehicle shops in 100% vanilla scripts works fine.

Something you messed with changed it then because all vehicle shops in 100% vanilla scripts works fine.

Bummer, BTN mind checking ur PMs.... wanna chat and not spam this lol

I was helped with saving weapons and ammo. Thant worked great! Thanks! I am also looking for saving the items on the Y inventory like lockpicks,food,drugs etc. Also saving players last known location upon log out. Anyone able to help out?

Ok i will pay or donate to anyone that can help me add vehicles to my server. Been looking for hours and days and still cant get it to work. Also BTN mine saves on its own with cop gear not sure if i can maybe send u what files i have if u let me know what u would need.

Ok i will pay or donate to anyone that can help me add vehicles to my server. Been looking for hours and days and still cant get it to work. Also BTN mine saves on its own with cop gear not sure if i can maybe send u what files i have if u let me know what u would need.

Does it save even primary guns that are custom added? we added them to the "allowed items" but it doesn't save still.

Sorry for being soo inpatient but I have to get this server running asap. Did you find anything regarding the createvehicle restriction when trading. All files are vanilla and fresh.

Edited by YouKnowBlom

well im not sure how to add custom things =( thats what im trying to get done lol but it does save vanilla items

BTNGaming:

Thank You so much! You are my personal hero! ;)

-------------

Does anyone know how to add custom skins and sounds?

We want to have new Police cloth and vehicle skins. Also we want to add the Beep sound for the vehicles when pressing U.

Edited by TermiGR

still having issues making a spawn only admins can see, I can easily add civ spawns but I get script errors using any other way. Also can someone please tell me how to attach a spawn point to a PID(I will pay for help, ask venom)

Alright, so I was able to get the server running.

However, here are some issues I'm having that someone can hopefully point me in the right direction to solve (Thanks in advance for the assistance!). I have been going through all of the files in the Altis_life-RPG.Altis to get familiar with the scripting...still not smart on everything but I'm feeling more comfortable.

1) Upon logging in, you are immediately spawned on the small island extremely North. After looking at the map in the editor, this location looks to be where the squad leader is placed. Afterpressing ESC and respawning, the option to choose the spawn is available. Any thoughts on a fix for this?

2) Player menu (Y), doesn't work.

3) Vehicles are purchasable, but cannot be unlocked and entered.

4) Finally, I can't seem to get the iniDB save system to work properly.

Thoughts: I'm running this on vilayer slot hosting, not dedicated. I think the files provided by vilayer's Altis_Life install may be out of date.

Regards,

Nick

I have the same problem.. anyone know the fix? I'm not to sure if I have all the files in the right spot, can anyone tell me the file structure for the mods I need to make sure I have them in the proper location?

hey tonic im making takistan life and on the author im plasing Mrjorma67 & TAW_Tonic is that fine and im also gonna place on the onloadmission that you made the mission and i just imported it to takistan is that ok?

I have the same problem.. anyone know the fix? I'm not to sure if I have all the files in the right spot, can anyone tell me the file structure for the mods I need to make sure I have them in the proper location?

If anyone knows how to fix this can you please PM me or reply back. Thank you.

I keep getting a popup when i join my server saying "Script life_server\functions.sqf not found" I know for a fact it's there and everything is 100% vanilla, so i'm not sure what i'm supposed to do here.. Also, when players use Sync Data in the menu, it's not saving licenses, but when i manually enter this into the database, it's all saved and loads correctly. I'm 100% positive my database schema is correct and everything else. I have a feeling this might have something to do with the script not being found.

Has anyone else had this issue? I read through 60+ pages in this thread last night and didn't find an answer.

Money and everything else saves correctly, but licenses do not.

When i use "SYNC DATA" is shows all licenses as 0 value in my server logs. When i rejoin, all my licenses are gone.

To give my licenses back, i need to either re-buy, or set each license to a value of 1 in my SQL Server Query. After i rejoin everything is there. If anyone would be willing to give me a hand, i would greatly appreciate it.. ;_;

Alright, I was able to get the server running.

However, here are some issues I'm having that someone can hopefully point me in the right direction to solve (Thanks in advance for the assistance!). I have been going through all of the files in the Altis_life-RPG.Altis to get familiar with the scripting, still not smart on everything but I'm feeling more comfortable.

1) Upon logging in, you are immediately spawned on the small island extremely North, but only if you are playing as a cop! After pressing ESC and respawning, the option to choose the spawn is available.

2) I can't get the cops to be white-listed (having someone testing to join them while not being listed as cop, and he can join as cop). Even tho I have done the white-listing of cop slots like it is mentioned earlier in this thread.

3) When a player while in-game press ESC they have a big debug menu next to the exit/respawn menu. Can I disable that somehow? Don't want everyone to have a debug menu on the server.

Please can someone help me with this, I really need help.

Best Regards,

RekRow

Edited by RekRowTen

Ok, our Server is live right now. Now we got some issues.

1. Sometimes our Cop-Cars are bugged. We are not able to Unlock the Car again, when we press U the Car only unlocks.

2. All the vehicles do have a huge collision field around them which inpact with the objects on the map. (Trees, Walls etc.)

3. We did edit our prices. Now there is a problem with the visible price. The visible prices are not right.

4. How can a cop set the prison time for a gangster?

Can anyone help me with this problems?

I keep getting a popup when i join my server saying "Script life_server\functions.sqf not found" I know for a fact it's there and everything is 100% vanilla, so i'm not sure what i'm supposed to do here.. Also, when players use Sync Data in the menu, it's not saving licenses, but when i manually enter this into the database, it's all saved and loads correctly. I'm 100% positive my database schema is correct and everything else. I have a feeling this might have something to do with the script not being found.

Has anyone else had this issue? I read through 60+ pages in this thread last night and didn't find an answer.

Money and everything else saves correctly, but licenses do not.

When i use "SYNC DATA" is shows all licenses as 0 value in my server logs. When i rejoin, all my licenses are gone.

To give my licenses back, i need to either re-buy, or set each license to a value of 1 in my SQL Server Query. After i rejoin everything is there. If anyone would be willing to give me a hand, i would greatly appreciate it.. ;_;

Did you put your life_server pbo file in the Addons folder of your server?

Alright, I was able to get the server running.

However, here are some issues I'm having that someone can hopefully point me in the right direction to solve (Thanks in advance for the assistance!). I have been going through all of the files in the Altis_life-RPG.Altis to get familiar with the scripting, still not smart on everything but I'm feeling more comfortable.

1) Upon logging in, you are immediately spawned on the small island extremely North, but only if you are playing as a cop! After pressing ESC and respawning, the option to choose the spawn is available.

2) I can't get the cops to be white-listed (having someone testing to join them while not being listed as cop, and he can join as cop). Even tho I have done the white-listing of cop slots like it is mentioned earlier in this thread.

3) When a player while in-game press ESC they have a big debug menu next to the exit/respawn menu. Can I disable that somehow? Don't want everyone to have a debug menu on the server.

Please can someone help me with this, I really need help.

Best Regards,

RekRow

1. Did you modify the cop bases and such at all? If so, Did you delete/modify the cop spawn locations in the mission.sqm?

2. I don't understand the issue exactly, Explain with a little more detail please?

3. I don't know how you have the debug menu popping up, What did you modify before you had this issue?

SUGGESTION: Modify one script/file or 2 at a time then test everything, then do the same for the next, to make sure you know where you're issue is coming from so you know which file(s) need fixed.

1. Sometimes our Cop-Cars are bugged. We are not able to Unlock the Car again, when we press U the Car only unlocks.

2. All the vehicles do have a huge collision field around them which inpact with the objects on the map. (Trees, Walls etc.)

3. We did edit our prices. Now there is a problem with the visible price. The visible prices are not right.

1. You must have modified something in the Locking/Unlocking script or in the cop vehicles files.

2. Not sure how to fix this honestly.

3. When you modify prices, the price you're modifying is the TEMPORARY PRICE, but you need to do all of that in the config folder i believe in vehiclelist.sqf and weaponlist.sqf etc.

4. You would have to custom code this, and Unfortunately, I don't have the time to code something like this, I'm already working on several servers right now.

3. Did you change the Server Side Variable and the Shop files? There are quite a bit of files you have to change to get the visible prices.

4. What do you mean a gangster? Bounty, no bounty?

---------- Post added at 07:06 ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 ----------

BTNGaming:

Thank You so much! You are my personal hero! ;)

-------------

Does anyone know how to add custom skins and sounds?

We want to have new Police cloth and vehicle skins. Also we want to add the Beep sound for the vehicles when pressing U.

For the skins, I uploaded them to the root directory of the mission file. Probably not the best idea, but it works.

I then added the texture file under fn_vehicleColorCfg.sqf

case "C_SUV_01_F":
{
	_ret =
	[
		["\a3\soft_f_gamma\SUV_01\Data\suv_01_ext_co.paa","civ"],
		["\a3\soft_f_gamma\SUV_01\Data\suv_01_ext_02_co.paa","cop"],
		["\a3\soft_f_gamma\SUV_01\Data\suv_01_ext_03_co.paa","civ"],
		["\a3\soft_f_gamma\SUV_01\Data\suv_01_ext_04_co.paa","civ"],
		["#(ai,64,64,1)Fresnel(1.3,7)","cop"],
		["police_suv.paa","cop"]
	];
};

For this to show up for purchase at the shops, you need to configure it correctly under fn_vehicleColorStr.sqf, like so.

case "C_SUV_01_F":
{
	switch (_index) do
	{
		case 0: {_color = "Dark Red";};
		case 1: {_color = "Black";};
		case 2: {_color = "Silver";};
		case 3: {_color = "Orange";};
		case 4: {_color = "Unmarked (Black)";};
		case 5: {_color = "Police";};
	};
};

and it should now show up for purchase at your shop!

---------- Post added at 07:11 ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 ----------

Check the config files for your Vehicle List. There may be a missing comma. If there are any errors whatsoever, it won't run the SQF file.

---------- Post added at 07:13 ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 ----------

To add custom vehicles to your server, you need to do an Arma3Sync file from what I understand. To add normal Arma 3 vehicles (Blackfoot, T-100, etc...) you put the class name under the Vehicle Shop files in under core/config.

---------- Post added at 07:17 ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 ----------

Hi , i was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this error me and a couple of people i know are getting , its really annoying and starting to piss alot of us off so could someone please help me?

the message i get when trying to connect to any altis life server is: cant setup your session with the server you have reached the maximum tries of 3.

I dont know why its saying this or how to fix it so can someone please help me?

Wrong password? Blocked Port? Did you check the perms for the mysql user and database? Turn it off and on again?

---------- Post added at 07:18 ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 ----------

Hello! First of all - thank you for this great mod!

We installed our Altis Life Server and everything works just fine. Now i do have some questions.

Where can i modify the Prices of Cars, Weapons etc?

How can i set the income?

and last but not least

How can i edit the map? Do i need to load the Mod into the Editor? If so, how do i do that?

Thank you in advance! :)

Termi

Put the mission pbo in your game Arma 3 MPMissions folder. Open the editor and load it. As for the prices, they are scattered through the script. Cars and weapons will be found in certain SQF files under core/config.

Stizz08

Question for you, Since you also have script knowledge, Is there a way to implement JUMPING/LEAPING in replacement of the V climb over effect into Altis Life?

Edited by BTNGaming

So..

I've spent the passed 3 or so days attempting to make a fully working Altis Life server, each time having the same issue.

I join the server, choose a lobby slot (cop or civillian) and then go into the game. It like loads on the altis map background and then fails to do anything else, just leaving me with 500 fps and nothing happening. Do you have any idea of what could cause this to happen? Basically it should show the spawn points but fails to do so and just hangs on the loading screen.

Any help is extremely appreciated.

If it does not read @Arma2NET, your server will hang and crash. It needs to be able to connect to a MySQL database and find those files for it to work properly. Make sure you added @Arma2NET to your shortcut for your server (IE: -mod=@life_server;@Arma2NET)

---------- Post added at 07:23 ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 ----------

Question for you, Since you also have script knowledge, Is there a way to implement JUMPING/LEAPING in replacement of the V climb over effect into Altis Life?

Jumping and leaping is an addon. Found here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152312-Jump-MF-basic-mod-to-unlock-vaulting-animation. I will find a way to incorporate it into Altis Life and get back to you on that.

Jumping and leaping is an addon. Found here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152312-Jump-MF-basic-mod-to-unlock-vaulting-animation. I will find a way to incorporate it into Altis Life and get back to you on that.

I've seen it on some wasteland servers, but never had to download anything on my end aside of the mission as per usual.

Let me test this really quick on my server and i'll let you know if it works and give you the script to input. Seems pretty simple.

Let me test this really quick on my server and i'll let you know if it works and give you the script to input. Seems pretty simple.

It requires more addons, such as Extended Event Handlers.