Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

Altis Life RPG

Where do you see the service truck stuff? What files? And I'll see what I can do on my spare time to explain setting it up for you if I can.

Your best bet is to ask someone who is creating or has created a server. For example... I started a server last week with a friend of mine and we started from the ground and are working our way up, I can link you tutorials we've used, Editing techniques and other various things like that, But I don't honestly think there is any one person that can or will teach you everything you need to know, Most of it is Hands on testing and debugging honestly.

My best bet is to ask someone who is creating or has created a server? Am I not already doing that by asking the creator of Altis Life? Also, I'm not being rude but I'm not interested in someone that has started a server, with a mate, just one week ago. Also, I'm not asking you, I'm asking Tonic for HIS advice and please do not assume that no one will help me, you can't speak for every qualified person. I realize most of it is hands-on and that is why I told TONIC that I'm willing to put in the time and effort that is required. Thanks

Hi Tonic

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but here goes - I've been playing your mod a lot lately and I don't want to sound like a love sick puppy that constantly praises you on how great your work is, you probably already get a lot of that. I'll just say that myself and many of my clan members really enjoy it. I'm an avid gamer and I've been looking into many games that are worthy of mine and my clans time - I can say with such appreciation that, I truly believe I have finally found it, Altis Life - your work.

Unfortunately I am simple minded, not very illiterate when it comes to setting up an Altis Life server -it seems like a very complex process but it's probably a basic job for the people in the know. I am not a kid waiting to be spoon fed the answers, I am willing to put in the time and effort that is required to properly see to it that your work, Altis Life, is enjoyed to it's maximum by myself, my clan and our very large Visitor base/Followers.

Now to my questions - Will you teach me how to setup Altis Life for us to enjoy? And if not, can you tell me who can teach me? If that is not an option either, can you provide the information I need to get the process started and finished? I realize your time is valuable so I can pay you for your efforts.

I have made a donation to you and your work - in appreciation for the amount of thought that went into making Altis Life such fun.

I look forward to your reply. Best regards!

hey man im willing to help you setup your server. do you have a host or do you still need to choose one? send me a pm, ive got some suggestions for you

---------- Post added at 08:07 ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 ----------

Where do you see the service truck stuff? What files? And I'll see what I can do on my spare time to explain setting it up for you if I can.

Your best bet is to ask someone who is creating or has created a server. For example... I started a server last week with a friend of mine and we started from the ground and are working our way up, I can link you tutorials we've used, Editing techniques and other various things like that, But I don't honestly think there is any one person that can or will teach you everything you need to know, Most of it is Hands on testing and debugging honestly.

i have the services truck in my server now. you just have to add a npc, add car shop code and name it the class of the service truck.

than ingame you will spawn one and it wil work :D

---------- Post added at 08:36 ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 ----------

And also does anybody know how to set cops uniform as worn fatigues and than set its texure? wel i know how to set the stock uniform as combat fatigues. but my question is how do i set its texture.

And that it still is textured if i drop it and pick it up again.

thx :D

Hi Tonic

Sending you a PM, please have a read when you have a spare few moments :cool:

If you need any help you can ask me, just send me a pm. dont expect it to happen within a few hours. since i have a lot of ppl needing help.

Hello.

I just started a altis life server with whitelist to connect.

Is there a way to remove the whitelist so i can use it like only on the cops and not to just join server? :j:

^^ Please note that the above question has been merged in here.

Quoted to bring it to the front.

My best bet is to ask someone who is creating or has created a server? Am I not already doing that by asking the creator of Altis Life? Also, I'm not being rude but I'm not interested in someone that has started a server, with a mate, just one week ago. Also, I'm not asking you, I'm asking Tonic for HIS advice and please do not assume that no one will help me, you can't speak for every qualified person. I realize most of it is hands-on and that is why I told TONIC that I'm willing to put in the time and effort that is required. Thanks

I understand what you're saying, but You're talking about someone who is busy day in and day out giving you every piece of information you want. I may not be able to speak for "every qualified person" but what makes you think I'm not qualified? I understand you didn't ask for my help, but I offered it, because someone such as Tonic barely has time to respond to these comments as it is, he as most coders, rely on other people in the community to help each other, as a sign of courtesy and respect which gives him more time for coding. Just saying.

I understand what you're saying, but You're talking about someone who is busy day in and day out giving you every piece of information you want. I may not be able to speak for "every qualified person" but what makes you think I'm not qualified? I understand you didn't ask for my help, but I offered it, because someone such as Tonic barely has time to respond to these comments as it is, he as most coders, rely on other people in the community to help each other, as a sign of courtesy and respect which gives him more time for coding. Just saying.

He is right tonic is always very busy. i have posted here if anybody needs help they can pm me. i helped alot of ppl already. I offer you help too. but if you only wanna speak to tonic you might wait a very long time since he is very busy.

I really don't have time to respond to 20+ pages of questions and 44 unread messages (and that's after deleting 300 messages) not to mention emails, etc.

What it boils down to when setting up a server is you need to know the following:

- How to setup a ARMA server

- How to setup a MySQL server (The preferred version has been stated in the OP which is MySQL 5.5 with strict mode disabled).

- How to manage a MySQL Server (Using utilities such as Workbench to import the schema, manage white-listing, all around general SQL knowledge (basic)).

- How to manage a windows server, each windows server installation is different. The server I setup was on Windows server 2008 R2 standard and that also extends into security such as account/user permissions and Firewall settings.

All of that can easily be obtained within a few google searches and some trial and error. Hundreds of people have posted how they figured out one issue after the next in setting up a server but it requires you to read back on this forum post and even in the Arma2MySQL thread (which is linked in OP I think?). It may seem harsh to say this but if you can't help yourself then you can't be helped, maybe the wrong choice of words but I am self taught in everything I know so I have that sort of elitism mentality, don't take it the wrong way as everyone is different. I do appreciate the donation and the best advice that I can say is read, there is a ton of reading material in setting up a server by now.

And now moving back towards Altis life I handed off a test-build for the newly improved performance which was by optimizing a few things and scrapping the large majority of player-based addActions (which is what is actually killing performance and the other stuff is small hits). If anyone wants to throw up a test-server to see how much of a performance gain it is and what's wrong with it then here is the package that I gave to the Day0 community:

http://tonic.pw/Package.rar

REMEMBER THIS IS A TEST-BUILD, NOT MEANT FOR LIVE-USE IN YOUR NORMAL SERVER. THIS IS ONLY TO BE USED TO TEST THE PERFORMANCE GAIN

I'm only looking to see how much of a performance gain this is. The key note is to interact with vehicles or civilians you press your Left Windows key. You can rebind this key by going to Controls->Custom->Use Action 10. Currently it only supports a single key like H and nothing else. You will also use this key to pick up money and other items that a player will drop upon death. The only known issue that I know of with the interaction key at the moment is you can't interact with a vehicle while a player is in it (will be fixed later).

*Edit*

Also forgot to note that build is like 15% localized.

Edited by Tonic-_-

For people that dont know there is tutorials on google that helps u step by step!

Hi all, Im really looking for some help in editing in some more features for our server. I know a little about what im doing and im a fast learner but i just want to know how to add more items. Also some new textures like swat and things. Also pmc would be great

And now moving back towards Altis life I handed off a test-build for the newly improved performance which was by optimizing a few things and scrapping the large majority of player-based addActions (which is what is actually killing performance and the other stuff is small hits). If anyone wants to throw up a test-server to see how much of a performance gain it is and what's wrong with it then here is the package that I gave to the Day0 community:

hey tonic, corey from day0.

sorry i missed you on our ts last night i seen you there as i was logging off had a few issues with the mission if your about later today jump on our ts ill go though the issues with you

Yeah well he did reply so please stop assuming things. He gave me all the advice I need to get this thing started. Just saying :)

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

I really don't have time to respond to 20+ pages of questions and 44 unread messages (and that's after deleting 300 messages) not to mention emails, etc.

What it boils down to when setting up a server is you need to know the following:

- How to setup a ARMA server

- How to setup a MySQL server (The preferred version has been stated in the OP which is MySQL 5.5 with strict mode disabled).

- How to manage a MySQL Server (Using utilities such as Workbench to import the schema, manage white-listing, all around general SQL knowledge (basic)).

- How to manage a windows server, each windows server installation is different. The server I setup was on Windows server 2008 R2 standard and that also extends into security such as account/user permissions and Firewall settings.

All of that can easily be obtained within a few google searches and some trial and error. Hundreds of people have posted how they figured out one issue after the next in setting up a server but it requires you to read back on this forum post and even in the Arma2MySQL thread (which is linked in OP I think?). It may seem harsh to say this but if you can't help yourself then you can't be helped, maybe the wrong choice of words but I am self taught in everything I know so I have that sort of elitism mentality, don't take it the wrong way as everyone is different. I do appreciate the donation and the best advice that I can say is read, there is a ton of reading material in setting up a server by now.

REMEMBER THIS IS A TEST-BUILD, NOT MEANT FOR LIVE-USE IN YOUR NORMAL SERVER. THIS IS ONLY TO BE USED TO TEST THE PERFORMANCE GAIN

I'm only looking to see how much of a performance gain this is. The key note is to interact with vehicles or civilians you press your Left Windows key. You can rebind this key by going to Controls->Custom->Use Action 10. Currently it only supports a single key like H and nothing else. You will also use this key to pick up money and other items that a player will drop upon death. The only known issue that I know of with the interaction key at the moment is you can't interact with a vehicle while a player is in it (will be fixed later).

*Edit*

Also forgot to note that build is like 15% localized.

Yeah thanks mate. I'll get started as well as take up v3n0mou5

offer of helping me too. Thanks for your time, it's great to know that you were self-taught as I'm the same way when it comes to most things in life. Cheers

Is anybody else having issues with the drug dealers? Mine are working, but they don't buy or sell anything.

Still hiring a scripter out there that knows their stuff, running a dedicated box with full access

Thanks for the offer by the way, I really do appreciate it. He did reply in the end and gave me great information that I can take on board. To clear things up, I didn't want someone to build everything for me, I was asking for the right information/sources so that I could do it myself.

EDIT: I hope I didn't sound ungrateful regarding your offer of help, I was just annoyed that you assumed that Tonic wouldn't reply or No one would help me which was contrary to both your statements.

Edited by Getfunked

Hey guys,

i have a question for you now :P

I really want my civs to save all their gear whe they log off and get it when they login. but lose it when they die. I know sombody said its in this thread but i really cant find it.

so if anyone can help m bring it up/ tell me how to do it, that would be geat!

thx,

-v3

Hey guys, I've been reading through this thread and I have noticed a lot of people have been saying "Tonic for some reason thinks civs shouldn't save their weapons", well my experience on servers I can assume that Tonic has only followed what has happened on the Arma 2 life servers and done the same here. On the majority of life servers Civ gear is not saved as it just prevents a lot of problems and also follows the roleplay, you join the server as a new person, a clean slate. Cops only spawn with guns as there are less of them and it would be stupid for them to buy a gun every time they died as there would really be no one to fight the constants crimes but a bunch of unarmed police officers.

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

I also have a suggestion that I think would be a very good solution to many problems. I think that you Tonic should create a forum just for Altis Life, on this forum you could post your updates, announcements etc. but it could also include things such as script help, questions etc. where the community can help each other out. I have seen this with the Epoch forums and I think its a great idea as it as well as getting help, people can go back look at old threads and find the solution for their problem there and then, sorted! I hope this idea eventually gets some looking into, I think it would benefit you greatly!

Hi Tonic and community,

i got a problem, maybe you guys can help me.

I setup the Arma3 Server + Altis Life + Arma2NetMySql and everything works fine

except saving civil weapons, did i miss something?

EDIT: Rebells weapon saving also don't work, Rebells vehicle don't spawn and there is no garage npc at the Rebellsplace, also.

Hunter with Gun (Police Car) and Offroad with Gun (Rebell Car) can not be bought permanently.

EDIT2: Police weapon saving is working now, with the newest version of your altis life. I run 3.1.0 and now 3.1.1

But there is stil the Rebels problem, the vehicles are not spawning and there is no garage npcs, also the weapon save thing for Rebels.

greetz

Loomar

Edited by Loomar

So..

I've spent the passed 3 or so days attempting to make a fully working Altis Life server, each time having the same issue.

I join the server, choose a lobby slot (cop or civillian) and then go into the game. It like loads on the altis map background and then fails to do anything else, just leaving me with 500 fps and nothing happening. Do you have any idea of what could cause this to happen? Basically it should show the spawn points but fails to do so and just hangs on the loading screen.

Any help is extremely appreciated.

Could you assist me with setting one up? Pm me and I can send Skype details, it's very appreciated.

Tonic,

This server is running on a dedicated with your test build. 192.99.7.59:2302

well got our server up and running, everything looks good BUT the rebel outpost up north wont spawn vehicles and our police (siren LIGHTS) dont seem to exist at all. any ideas?

Hello! First of all - thank you for this great mod!

We installed our Altis Life Server and everything works just fine. Now i do have some questions.

Where can i modify the Prices of Cars, Weapons etc?

How can i set the income?

and last but not least

How can i edit the map? Do i need to load the Mod into the Editor? If so, how do i do that?

Thank you in advance! :)

Termi

Edited by TermiGR