Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

Altis Life RPG

Hi, I have a problem with the colors of vehicles, that they not save the shot when a vehicle color and randomly spawn on ...

The donator weapon and also bug

That little help me please: (

Hello,

Sorry for the newbie question in advance but I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else. How can I load just the map components of this mod in to the editor? I need the buildings/structures that are includes in the mod to be in the editor but none of the scripting back end stuff normally required to run on Altis Life servers.

Thanks for your help.

Mok

Does anyone happen to know where the text_cop & text_admin functions are for the cell phone. I was trying to add something to the function but I cannot seem to find it. The only thing that I can find with the cellphone is the cellphone.sqf in the pmenu and the cell.hpp in the dialog folder. Does anyone have any idea where these other functions would be located at?

Hello,

Sorry for the newbie question in advance but I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else. How can I load just the map components of this mod in to the editor? I need the buildings/structures that are includes in the mod to be in the editor but none of the scripting back end stuff normally required to run on Altis Life servers.

Thanks for your help.

Mok

Check pages 52-53, We discussed this, here is my EXACT response... http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168139-Altis-Life-RPG&p=2622831&viewfull=1#post2622831

He guys,

Does someone of you know what kind of permission the different Admin Levels have and of there is a sqf to change these? Was thinking about using Admin Level 2 for allowing People to buy the Service trucks as a Kind of repair Service.

Thanks for your help!

Why would you use an Admin level for letting people buy service trucks? Admin levels are for people to have access to your ADMIN panel in the cell phone and see peoples money/items etc.

Why would you use an Admin level for letting people buy service trucks? Admin levels are for people to have access to your ADMIN panel in the cell phone and see peoples money/items etc.

Mh yea, was just a thought on allowing only certain people to buy Service cars. Do you have any suggestions on hin to add Custom permission Levels?

Thanks! Appreciate your help again btngaming!

No worries man, I've only just in the last 4-5 days started learning this scripts coding and such, and I'm getting it fast through trial and error. What I would personally do is just make it so that you have to enter the users Player ID into a file and next time server restarts they have the access. Or you can (If you know how as I'm not 100% sure how yet) create a new table in your players database that gives them access with 2 numbers in it like.... Table Name: Service Cars Default: 0 and if you want them to have access, just go in the database and change the 0 to a 1 for yes. I'm not sure if that even makes sense in words, but I know those are 2 options (If you're able to understand what I mean.)

Yea i unterstand, the 2nd Option seems much more viable as i dont have to restart Server for updating variables. Dont have the SQL File at hand right now but i should be able to copy the functions from donator Level and create something to set different Service level to the players, its advantage is that i could add other Services with explicit permissions for the Users (for example a Taxi Service ob something)

Yeah, Adding it to the Database seems like a much more viable solution.

I'm currently working on re organizing ALL of the files on my server, Redoing all of the code, because I don't personally like where everything is located, Even found a couple of USELESS files in the server... Which are just a waste of space.

I still can't figure out the cop lights ONLY working at night though, Starts working at 6 or 7pm game time.

TONIC - I have 1 major issue, aside of cop lights only working at night. I bought a vehicle as a cop (Offroad, then hunter later) and put it in the garage. Every time I pull it out of the garage, i can drive away, blow it up or whatever... I go to the garage and it's STILL in there, I can spawn unlimited vehicles as a cop if I buy it ONE TIME. Is there a simple solution to this issue?

Dear Tonic,

First of all thank you for your excellent work and very well thought out mod !

Yesterday our server was attacked by a "cracker", apparently he used a module for that (DaRt) enabling him to use of admin commands, he has banned all players connected at this moment for a period of one minute.

We also have several players who gives money and duplicate item or money (especially with the knockout and Rob person function). Other Guy can also connect as a cop without any right and authorization to do it (cop lvl , whitelist)

Following your work, we migrated our server to the 3.1.1 release in order to avoid or minimize this kind of incovenience, i quote you "Change : Life_donator, Life_coplevel, life_adminlevel moved to a constant variable (compile final) to stop exploits."

Presumably this feature doesn't meet our expectations, and BattlEye doesn't seem to do their share of work, web would like to know how to solve/fix this type of inconvenience.

We also encounter problems about the "SYNC DATA", some players have roll backs of 2 hours despite having synchronized a lot of time ans disconnect a few minutes after the last one... But i guess that comes over our host and not directly from the code.

However if you have any idea to overcome all these inconvenience we would be extremly Grateful.

Thanks for reading.

Regards.

Sky

Edited by Skydred

Yeah, Adding it to the Database seems like a much more viable solution.

I'm currently working on re organizing ALL of the files on my server, Redoing all of the code, because I don't personally like where everything is located, Even found a couple of USELESS files in the server... Which are just a waste of space.

I still can't figure out the cop lights ONLY working at night though, Starts working at 6 or 7pm game time.

TONIC - I have 1 major issue, aside of cop lights only working at night. I bought a vehicle as a cop (Offroad, then hunter later) and put it in the garage. Every time I pull it out of the garage, i can drive away, blow it up or whatever... I go to the garage and it's STILL in there, I can spawn unlimited vehicles as a cop if I buy it ONE TIME. Is there a simple solution to this issue?

Have you tried adding:

_lightleft setLightDayLight true;

_lightright setLightDayLight true;

In the coplights sqf and edit the setupactions.sqf (remove sun&moon variable)

hey man where can you buy the service trucks? i cant seem to find em.

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 ----------

everything is working great, thanks for your help, appreciate it ;)

now i have only one issue left (beside the one with spawning vehicles at rebel outpost, that one was posted earlier already)

we can't turn on the siren lights on the police cars, any idea?

thanks!

hey man with the car spawn

open you mission file in your editor and at put a marker up and name it reb_v_1

and for the cop lights i have the same issue they wont work for the rest of the cars for me only offroad.

any ideas how to fix anyone?

Edited by v3n0mou5

Hello.

I just started a altis life server with whitelist to connect.

Is there a way to remove the whitelist so i can use it like only on the cops and not to just join server? :j:

Hey, great mod. It make the arma3 money be woth.

So I can't create a database called arma3life cuz the sql database have already a data called like that in the hfb servers. So what is the files I have to change the name of the database to create a new one? Thanks.

Hey, great mod. It make the arma3 money be woth.

So I can't create a database called arma3life cuz the sql database have already a data called like that in the hfb servers. So what is the files I have to change the name of the database to create a new one? Thanks.

hey man that database should work, it should contain 2 files, a player.frm and a vehicle.frm

if you have that your good

correct me if im wrong.

Guys, Need to bother you one more time.

How Do you manage ur altis life Server? I'm currently running EPMrcon for banning/kicking and General rcon Administration. Also i so start the server with TADST. Everythings running finde so far, but i would like to add an automatic restart every 6hours. Is there a way to add a Script or something? I would prefer to Stück with these 2 tools as BEC stopped support on their Tool. Any help would be great!! Thanks a lot!

Guys, Need to bother you one more time.

How Do you manage ur altis life Server? I'm currently running EPMrcon for banning/kicking and General rcon Administration. Also i so start the server with TADST. Everythings running finde so far, but i would like to add an automatic restart every 6hours. Is there a way to add a Script or something? I would prefer to Stück with these 2 tools as BEC stopped support on their Tool. Any help would be great!! Thanks a lot!

i dont use tools i use ingame cmmands and the provided ftp by the host

hey man that database should work, it should contain 2 files, a player.frm and a vehicle.frm

if you have that your good

correct me if im wrong.

Só those are the only files that i have to edit to modify arma3life Db Name to edit the MySQL One?

Ty

---------- Post added at 16:56 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

What the mod files i have to modify to change the database file Name, arma3life to another? I have to do this cuz my host, hfb Server already have a Db with this Name, arma3life. Tyvm and great job. Thus mod Worth the arma3 price.

Have you tried adding:

hey man i did that and it works only for the offroad i just dont get the option on the suv/ hunter. does somebody know how to fix? would like to have it really bad :P

Have you tried adding:

Where is setupactions.sqf? Sorry I've been doing this day and night or the past few days with no break so I'm losing it lol.

hey man where can you buy the service trucks? i cant seem to find em.

Service trucks is something djules is adding to his server from scratch...

Does anyone happen to know where the text_cop & text_admin functions are for the cell phone. I was trying to add something to the function but I cannot seem to find it. The only thing that I can find with the cellphone is the cellphone.sqf in the pmenu and the cell.hpp in the dialog folder. Does anyone have any idea where these other functions would be located at?

Sorry for the late response, If you want to edit this information, Go to the @life_server pbo, unpack it and go to @life_server\addons\life_server\ and open functions.sqf That should have everything you're looking for.

Edited by BTNGaming

Hi guys, i would like to know what file must be edited to add e new vehicle on the shop car and the cop shop car?

Sorry for the late response, If you want to edit this information, Go to the @life_server pbo, unpack it and go to @life_server\addons\life_server\ and open functions.sqf That should have everything you're looking for.

I thank you very much my friend.

Hello.

How do you remove the whitelist to join a server, but keep it on the cops. Cant find any info about it so i try you guys. Pain in the ass to whitelist all the time.

Tonic, there is a game breaking glitch that is easier than duping money. Check your PM for the "Game breaker glitch" subject..

Also, if you are still looking for a MP test server, I have a 100 slot server on a enterprise dedicated with your name on it, and a community more than willing to help! ;)

Edited by RangerDave
added additional info.