Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

Altis Life RPG

Hi, I added a custom job.

Everything works for now, except of the trader npc. Is there anything I could have missed / should have known?

Pushing this. Maybe I should go a little more into detail.

The item itself is illegal (and as a whole pretty much the same as the turtles).

Collecting the item works just fine (I tried to copy the way the gathering cannabis action works). After the process of collecting, the item is placed in the inventory. I created an npc just for processing. Works just fine (also with the license integration). After the processing is done, the processed item is added to the inventory.

My issue is that if you go up to the trader for these items, the items of your inventory do not show up in the shop window. It's entirely blank. NPC init is this:

this allowDamage false; this enableSimulation false; this addAction["Biowaffenschmuggel",life_fnc_virt_menu,"bioguns"];

The item itself however is mentioned in the master array of items (guess otherwise the collecting / processing wouldn't even work) and in the sell_array.

What am I missing?

I am new to Altis Life editing and such and also have this issue. I swear I have un-packed every single file in the Arma 3 folder but I can not find where the classes for the backpacks are. I am trying to edit the maximumload of the backpacks to increase their carry weight in the Altis Life. Been stuck on this for about 2-3 days. Would anyone be kind enough to point me to the exact file I need to alter this?

You can't edit the 'maximumload' for backpacks without doing it in an addon form. Config entries within ARMA it's self can't be touched through mission editing. You would have to create an addon, modify them and distribute the addon to every single player.

Go to Arma 3, click EDITOR go to Altis map, click SAVE and name the mission. Open your My Documents folder on your computer and find Arma 3, under "missions" your folder with the map you just saved is there, open it, and load the mission.sqm into it. Go back into Arma 3 and click LOAD in the editor under ALTIS map, open your mission that you created. and your map will load up.

Click F6 on your keyboard, choose EXACTLY where you want the rebel vehicle to spawn at in the Rebel Outpost, under NAME put this "reb_v_1" and click OK then save it and upload it to your pbo as per usual and you should be set.

Thanks a lot good sir, we appreciate it ;)

Now its running nearly perfect! just trying to figure out how to add another garage and a new helicopter spawn + garage

//edit: got it

Edited by djules

Thanks a lot good sir, we appreciate it ;)

Now its running nearly perfect! just trying to figure out how to add another garage and a new helicopter spawn + garage

Basically, all you need to do is going through the methods and inits of existing garages and copy the function.

Make sure the created NPC is connected to the Master NPC Group. That should fix it..

Anyone got a clue why my custom item is not displayed in the trader's dialog? - fixed

Edited by chrisyou

in init_survival.sqf cgange :

[] spawn
{
private["_bp","_load","_cfg"];
while{true} do
{
	waitUntil {backpack player != ""};
	_bp = backpack player;
	_cfg = getNumber(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (backpack player) >> "maximumload");
	_load = round(_cfg / 8);
	life_maxWeight = life_maxWeightT + _load;
	waitUntil {backpack player != _bp};
	if(backpack player == "") then 
	{
		life_maxWeight = life_maxWeightT;
	};
};
};

to this for exemple :

[] spawn
{
   private["_bp","_load","_cfg"];
   while{true} do
   {
       waitUntil {backpack player != ""};
       _bp = backpack player;
       _cfg = getNumber(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (backpack player) >> "maximumload");
       _load = round( _cfg / 8 );
       if(_bp == 'B_FieldPack_ocamo') then {
           _load = 20;
       };

if(_bp == 'B_AssaultPack_blk') then {
           _load = 30;
       };
if(_bp == 'B_AssaultPack_cbr') then {
           _load = 30;
       };
if(_bp == 'B_AssaultPack_khk') then {
           _load = 30;
       };
if(_bp == 'B_AssaultPack_sgg') then {
           _load = 30;
       };
if(_bp == 'B_AssaultPack_rgr') then {
           _load = 30;
       };

if(_bp == 'B_FieldPack_cbr') then {
           _load = 40;
       };
if(_bp == 'B_FieldPack_blk') then {
           _load = 40;
       };
if(_bp == 'B_Kitbag_mcamo') then {
           _load = 40;
       };

if(_bp == 'B_Kitbag_sgg') then {
           _load = 55;
       };
if(_bp == 'B_Kitbag_cbr') then {
           _load = 55;
       };
if(_bp == 'B_Bergen_sgg') then {
           _load = 55;
       };

if(_bp == 'B_Carryall_oucamo') then {
           _load = 70;
       };
       life_maxWeight = life_maxWeightT + _load;
       waitUntil {backpack player != _bp};
       if(backpack player == "") then 
       {
           life_maxWeight = life_maxWeightT;
       };
   };
};

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:47 ----------

its for bags weight

Just a quick one how do u remove the whitelist from the cops? Looked through here but cant seem to find anything?

I honestly don't know what to tell you. I don't know why you want to stick on 3.1.0 anyways and when 3.1.2 is ready there is really no point at all to stay on that as 3.1.2 will be bringing a huge round of optimizations.

As for anyone else, if someone has the time does someone want to help with the localization of the mission? I started part of it but this is way to much for me to do when I got other things to focus on -_-

Hi Tonic, I just wanted to let you know that I could help you out with the german localization. Feel free to message me if you're still looking for some help in that case. :)

Hello, how can i add cloths to the Donator Shop ? When i add code to WeaponShop (donator) doesn't work.. Can someone help ?

I really appreciate the help from you guys, i already managed to fix all spawns and get everything working with custom vehicle skins and additional weapons, some map changes and fine tuning.

I really don't want to bother you anymore, but it would be great if someone could give me some advice on how to get the siren lights running. can't seem to find any wrong lines in the sqf files and it hasn't something to do with our new skins, it has been buggy before (additional info: i don't even get the option to turn them on)

thanks a lot!

I really appreciate the help from you guys, i already managed to fix all spawns and get everything working with custom vehicle skins and additional weapons, some map changes and fine tuning.

I really don't want to bother you anymore, but it would be great if someone could give me some advice on how to get the siren lights running. can't seem to find any wrong lines in the sqf files and it hasn't something to do with our new skins, it has been buggy before (additional info: i don't even get the option to turn them on)

thanks a lot!

I'm actually having this issue also. I haven't modified the fn_coplights.sqf at all, but my cop lights don't work.

Hello, I apologize in advance to use google translation.

I met a little problem I have everything install Altis Life but once in the lobby I selected "cop" or whatever and I encounter an error that the server farm with the message "Arma 3 has stopped working" you have a please solution.

thank you

The donator weapon shop doesn't work because I don't pay attention to it because I have no need for it. To fix it you need to edit the initialization of the NPC to:

this allowDamage false; this enableSimulation false;
this addAction["Donator Weapon Shop",life_fnc_weaponShopMenu,"donator",0,false,false,"",' _target distance _this < 5 && !isNil "life_donator" &&  (call life_donator) > 0 && playerSide == civilian'];
this addAction["<t color='#ADFF2F'>ATM</t>",life_fnc_atmMenu];
this addAction["Banking Insurance ($1,000)",{if(life_atmcash > 1000) then {life_has_insurance = true; life_atmcash = life_atmcash - 1000};},"",0,false,false,"",'!life_has_insurance'];

Dont works for me, the server crashes at launch, with an error of mission.sqm line 3040

I'm actually having this issue also. I haven't modified the fn_coplights.sqf at all, but my cop lights don't work.

the sirens seem to be working only at night

You can't edit the 'maximumload' for backpacks without doing it in an addon form. Config entries within ARMA it's self can't be touched through mission editing. You would have to create an addon, modify them and distribute the addon to every single player.

Ah thanks for explaining that. Saved me a lot of time. Thanks for answering & everything you do.

When I enable @ArmA2NET the server crashes when I join. The MySQL part looks fine but I think it's broken.

Add me on Steam to help please (Steam name is Risteh). I might have a reward for you if you help. :)

Basicly Tonic thinks civilian weapons shouldnt save, so you need to edit the mission a bit to make this happen.

What I did is copy the way cop saves, and edit it to my needs to make weapons save for civs aswell.

Hi there,

we have the Problem that the Cop and Civilian Weapons are not Saved.... :(

Maybe can someone tell me how we can fix that? We cant find any failure...

It would be very nice when someone can give me working files please?

Thank you Guys..

Ava

thank you.. think i have it...

we test that out ^^

Edited by Avaloss

Anyone Having issues for WHITELIST Civilians ?

Anyone having issues with the north rebel outpost spawning vehicles? Mine doesnt seem to work, but the others are fine.

BNT Gaming told me this:

"Go to Arma 3, click EDITOR go to Altis map, click SAVE and name the mission. Open your My Documents folder on your computer and find Arma 3, under "missions" your folder with the map you just saved is there, open it, and load the mission.sqm into it. Go back into Arma 3 and click LOAD in the editor under ALTIS map, open your mission that you created. and your map will load up.

Click F6 on your keyboard, choose EXACTLY where you want the rebel vehicle to spawn at in the Rebel Outpost, under NAME put this "reb_v_1" and click OK then save it and upload it to your pbo as per usual and you should be set."

thats working!

another question: someone managed to add an option for cops to seize weapons from civilians ?

thanks again a lot in advance

Hello, i don't know why. But my prison si broken, everyone just spawning in ocean... Can someone help me ?

Does anyone have a fix for the restrained people ejecting from cop cars?