Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

Altis Life RPG

Sorry to ask again, but does anybody know how to add the red circle indicating where your player is when using the map?

It's really annoying not knowing where you are :)

Is it for everyone :/

Thx.

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

Is it for everyone or specific people? If it's a specific person then he is most likely cheating.

It's fort everyone :/.

Thx.

Hi Tonic, do you have a good anti Cheat specially for AltisLife ? Because we have cheaters attack x)

Is this something I can help you with? I have a couple dedi's and can make room for a MP test server if needed. Maybe it's because of time restraints?

Anyways, Thanks for everything you are doing Tonic. We all appreciate it very much.

It's about having people to test it against and sometimes a dedicated environment but not so much about the dedicated environment.

Sorry to ask again, but does anybody know how to add the red circle indicating where your player is when using the map?

It's really annoying not knowing where you are :)

That is server-related. You need to configure your server to show player position. The default difficulty setting (regular) should display your location by default unless you have modified it.

Is it for everyone :/

Thx.

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

It's fort everyone :/.

Thx.

That's odd because I played on a few servers last night that ran the default 3.1.0 and didn't notice that issue, are you sure you didn't modify something or are using someone elses mission file.

Hi Tonic, do you have a good anti Cheat specially for AltisLife ? Because we have cheaters attack x)

You need to setup Battleye, the next release I will be changing the life_fnc_MP custom framework to only allow life specific functions to be passed which should help with finding stuff in the publicVariable.log as nothing from BIS_fnc_MP should be passed other then 3 things.

As a future note I do not offer support if you have modified the mission and something stops working or are using someone elses modification of it.

EDIT:

While playing on a few servers yesterday I noticed issues with setting up client where people had to respawn to be able to play. If you are one of those hosts having this issue when did you set-up your server? I believe this issue is related to the SQL schema I provided. I have modified it and pushed it within the last few months and I think it's the reason why that particular screen is stuck there forcing you to respawn. If you can provide me with logs from Arma2Net SQL & MySQL logs to see if errors are coming from it.

Edited by Tonic-_-

Hello, I create my server récement altis life, when I run it in the console task is reading it when a person logs "Arma 3 as crashing"

An idea of the problem?

Hi,

A bit new to Altis life, but wondering if it was possible to change the backpack space sizes via the config files? I can't seem to find anything related to them, but it seems that all three backpacks available to civilians are the same slot size even though the price goes up for each one.

Cheers

Forgot to respond to this but the backpack size is actually pulled from the ARMA config, the next update will include an extended list of backpacks and proper pricing.

It's about having people to test it against and sometimes a dedicated environment but not so much about the dedicated environment.

Tonic, check your PM's. I know you get a ton of them, but I sent you some info regarding my community about 2 weeks ago. We have plenty of servers and people to test and we more than happy to help! The PM was through Bistudio's site and labeled something like "Not asking for help or files". If you cant find it, check out noobclearwarfare.com. I know a bit about ArmA scripting and we have a couple of coders on our team that are looking to get involved.

Thanks for the help!

Still having a problem where when i press "F" or even "Shift+F" my sirens don't work, where can i look for this problem or fix it?

I have scanned through many pages of this thread and have not found what I am looking for. I am sorry if it has been discussed previously but the files you have provided are missing the gcam.sqf

I have tried extracting the gcam.pbo from Armaholics gcam a3 files and just using that gcam.sqf but it just places me in the ocean with no key binds. I am guessing this sqf is not compatible with the gcam you have included in your Altis 3 Life files?

Edited by Murky

UPDATE: 3.1.1

Notes:

Editing Note: DO NOT change the change log block in the briefing.sqf, there is a custom block for your community / own edits.

Server-Side: A lot of people can't host a server because they can't have a database schema called arma3life so now you can easily adjust the database schema name in the life_server\init.sqf file at the top.

Database Change: look at the .sql file & run the query for creating the procedure (deleteDeadVehicles) for self-vehicle cleanup.

Chop Shop: The chop shop prices are the sell back prices for the garage so when changing the sell prices remember these are tied to the selling in the garage.

Change Log:

Added: Chop shop system so you can sell vehicles to it (owned or stolen).

Added: Progress bars to various actions (Repair, healing, Impounding).

Added: Players can no longer remove illegal items when cops are within 100m (prevents disposing of evidence).

Added: SQL side cleanup of 'dead' vehicles on each mission-start. This is to clear up a mass amount of vehicles in the DB.

Changed: You can no longer remove items when inside a vehicle.

Changed: Spawn Selection Menu changed to a list box, easier to add spawn points and supports purdy icons.

Changed: life_donator,life_copLevel,life_adminlevel moved to a constant variable (compileFinal) to stop exploits.

Changed: Other various variables moved to a constant variable (compileFinal).

Changed: Optimized function life_fnc_nearUnits

Changed: Moved a lot of functions from server to client (reducing initial bandwidth).

Changed: Moved a lot of variables / arrays from server to client (reducing initial bandwidth).

Changed: Updated clothing stores with various new backpacks and glasses.

Changed: Cop siren lights expanded to hunter & suv.

Fixed: Sometimes killing yourself would revoke your drivers license or firearms license.

Fixed: Sometimes upon death and doing an action would send you to negative cash.

Fixed: Exploitation of the impound vehicle action.

Fixed: Expoitation of the search vehicle action.

Fixed: Exploitation of the search player action.

Fixed: Cop vehicles pulled from the garage couldn't use siren lights.

Fixed: DMV guy realized that he was half-way in a wall.

Fixed: Oil trader has been told that he is not Chris Angel and is no longer floating.

Removed: Various old functions carried over since Stratis life on A3 Alpha/Beta (Pre-system rewrite).

Removed: Being killed by police no longer revokes your rebel license and whatever licenses with it (still there just uncomment it if you liked it).

Removed: Gcam button removed as it was never implemented.

Download:

Altis Life RPG v3.1.1

Edited by Tonic-_-

It doesn't work for me. Downloading data from server and stuck on 35 kb.. :/

That's odd because I played on a few servers last night that ran the default 3.1.0 and didn't notice that issue, are you sure you didn't modify something or are using someone elses mission file.

Yes i'm sure , wath is the mission file for the jail?

It doesn't work for me. Downloading data from server and stuck on 35 kb.. :/

Same issue server stuck at 35kb and just freezes

Hello Everyone, Hello Tonic

This is my first post on this forum and at the the beginning I would like to thank you for creating a wonderful mod.

I have a problem with the new version 3.1.1. I am hosted the Altis Life RPG server in version 3.1.0 and everything worked properly. But in the new version 3.1.1

on the server side mod reports the following error:

Include file mpmission\Altis_Life_RPG.Altis\core\admin\..\macro.h not found

Can anyone give me some help?

Hello Everyone, Hello Tonic

This is my first post on this forum and at the the beginning I would like to thank you for creating a wonderful mod.

I have a problem with the new version 3.1.1. I am hosted the Altis Life RPG server in version 3.1.0 and everything worked properly. But in the new version 3.1.1

on the server side mod reports the following error:

Include file mpmission\Altis_Life_RPG.Altis\core\admin\..\macro.h not found

Can anyone give me some help?

hey man,

i have exactly the same problem. do you maybe have a fix already?

I found the file micro.h in Altis_Life_RPG.Altis\dialog\function directory and'll copy it to the directory MPmissions\Altis_Life_RPG.Altis\core\admin\.

Unfortunately, this operation does not give results. Again, you receive the same message.

Include file mpmission\Altis_Life_RPG.Altis\core\admin\..\macro .h not found

Have you even made them PBO files on your server? - ask xLiaMz

I restored my server to version 3.1.0, so i cant tell you xLiaMz, whether the file was created.

Edited by George Patton

Have you even made them PBO files on your server?

you dont run altis life in a pbo, you need to have a folder thats named Altis_Life_RPG.Altis

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

I found the file micro.h in Altis_Life_RPG.Altis\dialog\function directory and'll copy it to the directory MPmissions\Altis_Life_RPG.Altis\core\admin\.

Unfortunately, this operation does not give results. Again, you receive the same message.

Include file mpmission\Altis_Life_RPG.Altis\core\admin\..\macro .h not found

indeed i tried the same. kinda werid though.

you dont run altis life in a pbo, you need to have a folder thats named Altis_Life_RPG.Altis

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Server create a pbo file in C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Arma 3\tmp directory. The file is named __cur_mp.pbo.

Yeah theres the #include macro error. Server won't boot even as a vanilla install.

Nice updates though, some very much needed server side variables.

Server create a pbo file in C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Arma 3\tmp directory. The file is named __cur_mp.pbo.

yea becuase when you log on to the server it downloads the mission file and puts it in pbo.

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 14:06 ----------

Yeah theres the #include macro error. Server won't boot even as a vanilla install.

Nice updates though, some very much needed server side variables.

i cant find the#include macro.h in the description.ext.