Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

Altis Life RPG

Hey guys,

I'm trying to setup a server on my computer to test the modifications I've made. So I set it up exactly as on my working Dedi server (which works perfectly...). But when I try to load, after I see the map and should be chosing where I spawn, I get a black screen with an error message that says : "Can't setup your session with the server. You have reached the maximum tries of 3. Please reconnect" I assume this should be related to MySQL and Arma2Net because I've looked at the Arma2Net log files and I noticed that the "result" after an INSERT is "Error". I've checked the user privileges but it was allowed to use INSERT.

So far I've reinstalled the MySQL Server (5.5), used different mysql users in Databases.txt, reinstalled arma 3, changed username in arma 3, but nothing works for me...

It would be appreciated if someone could help me solve my problem :)

My bad I solved it... It was indeed a MySQL problem, but it was a software problem... Erased everything MySQL related and it worked!!! Sorry to have bothered you guys with this totally unrelated post...

So we've been trying to add more cop ranks into our server.. but we couldn't really do much..

Does anyone know how to add more ranks into your server?

Well I'm not a pro in MySQL but I guess if you want to have more than 8 cop levels, you could modify the arma3life.sql so that it's not limited at 7.

So this :

`coplevel` enum('0','1','2','3','4','5','6','7') NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

Could become this :

`coplevel` enum('0','1','2','3','4','5','6','7','8','9') NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

You would have it limited at 9 here (so 10 levels). I guess (not sure) you could have even more than that by adding '10','11' etc. Or you could even delete the enum but I believe it's there so that the values aren't incorrect (e.g. -1).

Also if you don't wan't to modifiy the SQL database structure, I believe that only 5 cop levels (max cop level =4, or so I've seen so far) are currently being used in the mission so I would use those before adding some more...

idk why but server starts i join it then it crashes with that message can any one help me set it up skype:johny.acosta1 Steam:johny3051

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: arma3server.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.10.114.486

Problem Signature 03: 52ddc67e

Problem Signature 04: Arma2Net.Unmanaged

Problem Signature 05: 0.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 50bbd6d2

Problem Signature 07: 8

Problem Signature 08: 5

Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.272.7

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I think I had this problem. Have you unblocked EVERY .dll in the Arma2Net plugin (right click on the .dll > properties. At the bottom of the properties panel should be an 'Unblock' button) ? Windows tends to block them when they come from a different computer.

I think I had this problem. Have you unblocked EVERY .dll in the Arma2Net plugin (right click on the .dll > properties. At the bottom of the properties panel should be an 'Unblock' button) ? Windows tends to block them when they come from a different computer.

can u add me on skype or steam and help me set it up >?

Well I'm not a pro in MySQL but I guess if you want to have more than 8 cop levels, you could modify the arma3life.sql so that it's not limited at 7.

So this :

`coplevel` enum('0','1','2','3','4','5','6','7') NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

Could become this :

`coplevel` enum('0','1','2','3','4','5','6','7','8','9') NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

You would have it limited at 9 here (so 10 levels). I guess (not sure) you could have even more than that by adding '10','11' etc. Or you could even delete the enum but I believe it's there so that the values aren't incorrect (e.g. -1).

Also if you don't wan't to modifiy the SQL database structure, I believe that only 5 cop levels (max cop level =4, or so I've seen so far) are currently being used in the mission so I would use those before adding some more...

The problem is we only got 3 ranks, and if we just add it to the Database that doesn't work.

Hi, sorry for my english :rolleyes:

I have a error when I try to play : "Can't setup your session with the server. You have reached the maximum tries of 3. Please reconnect"

My database is hosted on my computer.

My databases.txt : mysql,arma3life,127.0.0.1,3306,root,MYPASSWORD

I've created "arma3life" database and I've executed the .sql file.

Thank you !

Edited by Myrage2000

Thanks for this great mission file Tonic, i really appreciate the work and do hope you continue updating it :)

I hope someone can help me, for some odd reason i have the following 2 problems which is getting annoying.

1) When pressing "F" the sirens does not work at all, the lights do but there is no sirens, even though i have a sirens sound file.

2) Whenever i buy a cop vehicle the siren lights work fine when i turn it on, but when i store the vehicle in the garage and get it again there is no siren lights option anymore.. i need to completely buy a new cop car each time for it to work.

Hope someone can assist, thanks!

1) When pressing "F" the sirens does not work at all, the lights do but there is no sirens, even though i have a sirens sound file.

Press shift + F

You need to add it in core/fn_setupActions.sqf.

I was able to setup more illegal operating areas with this but could not for the life of me figure out where/how to add more diamond mines? Anyone know this one?

Also, anyone able to find out how to add the saving system for civilians to the .sqf yet? Was told which file by someone but no clue or directions as to how the hell to implement it. Would be great for anyone with the knowledge to share.

Thanks for this great mission file Tonic, i really appreciate the work and do hope you continue updating it :)

I hope someone can help me, for some odd reason i have the following 2 problems which is getting annoying.

2) Whenever i buy a cop vehicle the siren lights work fine when i turn it on, but when i store the vehicle in the garage and get it again there is no siren lights option anymore.. i need to completely buy a new cop car each time for it to work.

Hope someone can assist, thanks!

Anyone? please.

I was able to setup more illegal operating areas with this but could not for the life of me figure out where/how to add more diamond mines? Anyone know this one?

Diamond mines are in core\items\fn_pickaxe.sqf

Reference:

switch (true) do
{
case (player distance (getMarkerPos "lead_1") < 30): {_mine = "copperore"; _val = 2;};
case (player distance (getMarkerPos "iron_1") < 30): {_mine = "ironore"; _val = 2;};
case (player distance (getMarkerPos "salt_1") < 120) : {_mine = "salt"; _val = 4;};
case (player distance (getMarkerPos "sand_1") < 75) : {_mine = "sand"; _val = 5;};
case (player distance (getMarkerPos "diamond_1") < 50): {_mine = "diamond"; _val = 1;};
case (player distance (getMarkerPos "oil_1") < 40) : {_mine = "oilu"; _val = 1;};
case (player distance (getMarkerPos "oil_2") < 40) : {_mine = "oilu"; _val = 1;};
case (player distance (getMarkerPos "rock_1") < 50): {_mine = "rock"; _val = 2;};
default {_mine = "";};
};

Pretty much anything related to 'mining/pickaxe' are controlled through there, more mines would look like this:

switch (true) do
{
case (player distance (getMarkerPos "lead_1") < 30): {_mine = "copperore"; _val = 2;};
case (player distance (getMarkerPos "iron_1") < 30): {_mine = "ironore"; _val = 2;};
case (player distance (getMarkerPos "salt_1") < 120) : {_mine = "salt"; _val = 4;};
case (player distance (getMarkerPos "sand_1") < 75) : {_mine = "sand"; _val = 5;};
case (player distance (getMarkerPos "diamond_1") < 50 OR player distance (getMarkerPos "diamond_2") < 50): {_mine = "diamond"; _val = 1;};
case (player distance (getMarkerPos "oil_1") < 40) : {_mine = "oilu"; _val = 1;};
case (player distance (getMarkerPos "oil_2") < 40) : {_mine = "oilu"; _val = 1;};
case (player distance (getMarkerPos "rock_1") < 50): {_mine = "rock"; _val = 2;};
default {_mine = "";};
};

I think that modification would work. I can't remember if the switch statement has issues with multiple checks (OR/AND/NOT).

*Edit*

Also people don't private message me offering me money to do some custom work for you. I don't do this stuff for money and I'm tired of receiving messages about that stuff.

Edited by Tonic-_-

Sorry to bother you; but I need help.

"LIMITED help / support will be given with setting up the MySQL side, if you are not willing to put time into reading about MySQL and managing it then stop reading."

I fully understand this however I'm new to MySQL in terms of ranking etc and I cannot find any tutorials on the internet; how do I rank players to Cop/Admin etc? I realise that I need their ID however I have no idea where I would put this nor do I have any idea how it would be worded in terms of command.

I do need more help, however the above is the most important to me. I'm also having problems about finding out how to make some classes whitelisted and others not, for e.g. you have 2-3 police officers that are public however I don't know how to change them to whitelist only.

More so, how do I add more police ranks so I can only make certain guns and vehicles accessible to higher ranks.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by xLiaMz

The SQL side by default has up to 8 levels. 1-7 being whatever you choose them to be and 0 being not whitelisted. If you want to remove 'public slots' then all you need to do is edit fn_initCop.sqf

Example:

switch (true) do
{
case (str(player) in ["Fed_1","Fed_2","Fed_3","Fed_4","Fed_5","_Fed_6"]):
{
	if(__GETC__(life_adminlevel) < 1)then {endMission "Loser"; } else
	{
		private["_handle"];
		//_handle = player execVM "core\client\fed_init.sqf";
		//waitUntil{scriptDone _handle};
	};
};

case (!(str(player) in ["cop_1","cop_2","cop_3","cop_4"])):
{
	switch (true) do
	{
		case(__GETC__(life_coplevel) > 0) : {}; // Do nothing
		case (__GETC__(life_adminlevel) > 0) : {}; //Do nothing
		default {endMission "Loser";};
	};
};
};

That would be changed to:

switch (true) do
{
case (str(player) in ["Fed_1","Fed_2","Fed_3","Fed_4","Fed_5","_Fed_6"]):
{
	if(__GETC__(life_adminlevel) < 1)then {endMission "Loser"; } else
	{
		private["_handle"];
		//_handle = player execVM "core\client\fed_init.sqf";
		//waitUntil{scriptDone _handle};
	};
};

{
	switch(true) do 
	{
		case(__GETC__(life_coplevel) > 0) : {}; // Do nothing
		case (__GETC__(life_adminlevel) > 0) : {}; //Do nothing
		default {endMission "Loser";};
	};
};
};

And then there is no more 'public' cop slots. Only white listed.

Note, don't use that code directly as that is code changes pending for next version but comparing them together should give you the idea. Cop levels are what you make of them. Currently the system its self only has 3 levels (White Listed, White listed level 2 and level 3). If you want more levels and functionality then you have to do it yourself. The code is there so looking at it and learning how to add the additional levels isn't difficult.

Edited by Tonic-_-

Tonic any help regarding why i can't use the "F" key for the sirens?

Sorry to bother you; but I need help.

"LIMITED help / support will be given with setting up the MySQL side, if you are not willing to put time into reading about MySQL and managing it then stop reading."

I fully understand this however I'm new to MySQL in terms of ranking etc and I cannot find any tutorials on the internet; how do I rank players to Cop/Admin etc? I realise that I need their ID however I have no idea where I would put this nor do I have any idea how it would be worded in terms of command.

I do need more help, however the above is the most important to me. I'm also having problems about finding out how to make some classes whitelisted and others not, for e.g. you have 2-3 police officers that are public however I don't know how to change them to whitelist only.

More so, how do I add more police ranks so I can only make certain guns and vehicles accessible to higher ranks.

Thanks for reading.

If you have the database setup and the mission running, then try Navicat to give you access to the DB to easily change values for players.

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to add players manually (by the use of a menu/UI) to the wanted list. So far I've customed the Wanted List/Menu interface :

http://gyazo.com/9fd8b8d1f927311ac4ca78436f6506cb.png (153 kB)

The combobox on the bottom left has the civilian list and the one on the right contains the list of crimes (that I simply took from the wantedAdd function).

I've made a new script but somehow I can't get it to work, it doesn't even launch that script.

If someone can help me, it would probably cure my migraine :D

Edited by Pierref1992

Thanks Tonic and Marker

Where do I add new levels (In what file?)

and Marker what is the actual command I would use? Also where would I put the command to rank someone up?

Edited by xLiaMz

BTW is there a clothe retexture implemented yet?

Edited by Pierref1992

Sorry for my english.

I have a problem :

I removed the "sunormoon < 1" to use the police lightbars even the day.

I can switch them, but nothing happens.

I've installed demian2435's police mod (with lightbars). I switch them, but nothing happens too !

Can somebody help me please ?

Thanks Tonic and Marker

Where do I add new levels (In what file?)

and Marker what is the actual command I would use? Also where would I put the command to rank someone up?

Hi mate, once you connect to the db using navicat, you can see the cop, donator and admin levels, use the drop down menu to give the player a level. Along the players line , you can also see whitelist, blacklist money in bank etc..

tbE2syR.jpg

Edited by marker