Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

Altis Life RPG

We're having some trouble with vehicles just despawning. It sometimes despawns them when you abort/disconnect or sometimes even if you just walk too far from them. The vehicles do however just reappear in the garage after a server restart(if they're perma's ofcourse). Is this something we've done wrong? If so, what's causing this?

_units = {(_x distance _veh < 300)} count playableUnits;
		if(count crew _x == 0) then
		{
			switch (true) do
			{
				case ((_x getHitPointDamage "HitEngine") > 0.7 && _units == 0) : {deleteVehicle _x};
				case ((_x getHitPointDamage "HitLFWheel") > 0.98 && _units == 0) : {deleteVehicle _x};
				case ((_x getHitPointDamage "HitLF2Wheel") > 0.98 && _units == 0) : {deleteVehicle _x};
				case ((_x getHitPointDamage "HitRFWheel") > 0.98 && _units == 0) : {deleteVehicle _x};
				case ((_x getHitPointDamage "HitRF2Wheel") > 0.98 && _units == 0) : {deleteVehicle _x};
				case (_units == 0): {deleteVehicle _x};
			};
		};

You can't see the names of other players when you're on top of a building with them eg hospital in Kavala. Any idea why that is?

[/b][/b]

"No entry 'mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\description.ext/life_spawn_selection/controls/spawnPoint1.colorFocused'."

xenomat

I get this error when I try to log into a server & when I hit close it takes me back to the lobby. I scrolled thru this forum and found a couple things on it but with no solution, yet people are still able to play. I could use the help on this, & Thank you.

I am trying to create an Altis Life Server on Vilayer. I have downloaded both the Vilayer supplied Alis life files and the ones you posted last year but yet to no avail. It seems to freeze every time at 35kb. I have absolutely no idea why this is happening your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Mickle300

Hi,

i have searched the hell out of google, but nothing (not even the error, no howto, no guide... only this thread). So sorry in advance. :confused:

In the Serverlist i have a yellow questionmark symbol in front of every server running this, and when i try to join i get this error:

<Here is supposed to be a screenshot, but apparently i am not allowed to post Links... so i guess i have to type it.>

"No entry 'mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\description.ext/life_spawn_selection/controls/spawnPoint1.colorFocused'."

In the opening post i could not make out any installation instructions for client side, so i ask here: How can i play this - how am i able to join Servers running this?

Thank you for help!

cheers,

xenomat

They are working on it. It comes up from the last arma3 update, you can still get into servers with this error.

setman,

Do you know how they are able to play with this error? Because keep getting sent back to the lobby upon clicking close.

I am trying to create an Altis Life Server on Vilayer. I have downloaded both the Vilayer supplied Alis life files and the ones you posted last year but yet to no avail. It seems to freeze every time at 35kb. I have absolutely no idea why this is happening your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Mickle300

Same as me! However, I've realised that the game is creating not playing. Is that something to do with it? Can someone help me out please?!!! Tried this for a few weeks now!

is 3.1.0 working fully? or we can have to manually edit anything? thanks

EDIT: works great! :)

one thing i've noticed is restrained civilians can still exit vehicles while restrained

Edited by klugdogg

Hi All,

I don't know if this is where I should post this but I thought I'd try. Anyway, when playing Altis Life and I get tazed by a cop it causes my computer to go to sleep. I can repeat this every time. Has anyone else experienced this? Otherwise the game plays fine. I've disabled all sleep functions within control panel and it still occurs.

Specs:

CPU: FX-8320

MB: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3

Mem: 8gb

VC: HD 7850 2gb

Thanks,

Badger

Good news the server is now up!! :yay:

However the 'Y' button doesn't work or any other custom menu for that matter could anyone help?

Tanks you :D

And yes I did say Tanks

Hello,

We have one altis life server and we have a problem with mysql.

I found what's the problem but i dont know how resolve it.

The player Bryan O'Connor or other player use this ' in name and mysql don't love it.

When he push on syncdata, the mysql server crash and not save money and items.

How to resolve this problem please?

Warning: 16:09:10 - MySQL error. MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Connor`]"' WHERE playerid='765611XXXXXXXXXXXX'' at line 1

Thank you so much and i'm really sorry for my bad english

setman,

Do you know how they are able to play with this error? Because keep getting sent back to the lobby upon clicking close.

This should be fixed now with the new Arma3 update a few days ago. It fixed mine with the new update.

Tonic , sincerely thanks for this good work !

But I try to found how add vehicule in the Cop shop (For exempla add the hunter HMG in the cars shop of cops) since 2 week , but nothink someone can help me please? Thanks

Bye !

How do I make it that Civs (Not Police), spawn in at the same place they logged out and keep their guns and stuff?

How do I make it that Civs (Not Police), spawn in at the same place they logged out and keep their guns and stuff?

Yeah, I'm trying to add this 2 features as well... Location of last synced data and save of virtual inventory but have big issue with that. For inventory there must be additional column in database "players" but don't know how to write player's inventory into it. The same with player location. After this I need to load these information... I'm trying 3 days already but still didn't give up :)

Same as me! However, I've realised that the game is creating not playing. Is that something to do with it? Can someone help me out please?!!! Tried this for a few weeks now!

Thank you

Mickle300

Both of you need to try some patience (had this problem with mine but waiting for a minute or two and it would start up again) and instead of using Vilayer's files download 3.1.0 that Tonic has hosted as the Vilayer files are broken i.e. not all shops spawn with items.

The released one should work just fine, if you are one of those people that tried to snatch the file off of Seal Team Sloth it won't work because I've changed the way the wanted system works for 3.1.0

Tonic, I did notice STS had a different 3.1 version. I snatched and then realized how douche of a move and disrespectful it was to you and STS to do that ( I noticed the shortbread but did not want to go as far as to fix things that were meant to be broken to prevent douche snatchers, I PMed you about this. ;). Thus we rolled back to 3.0.9 public. Once you released this 3.1.0 public version, I uploaded it as a fresh install.

The wanted list is still showing no criminals after crimes. Also, we are having issues with bank insurance not applying and the bank robbed messages are around 10 minutes late.

Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks again for all the hard work!

Edited by RangerDave
Edited to add quote

Hello,

First of all I just want to say that this is an amazing you have done on this mission Tonic! It is a real pleasure to see a well written code like this! Big thanks man!

Also I was wondering what kind of system requirement would a server need in order to properly host the mission?

Would a dedi with an Intel Celeron 847 CPU (1.1GHz) and 4GB of RAM be enough to host the mission?

Hello,

We have one altis life server and we have a problem with mysql.

I found what's the problem but i dont know how resolve it.

The player Bryan O'Connor or other player use this ' in name and mysql don't love it.

When he push on syncdata, the mysql server crash and not save money and items.

How to resolve this problem please?

Warning: 16:09:10 - MySQL error. MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Connor`]"' WHERE playerid='765611XXXXXXXXXXXX'' at line 1

Thank you so much and i'm really sorry for my bad english

Hello,

We have installed BEC, all is good for this error

But now we have a other problem on mysql database :

Error: No unit

in `aliases`

Thank you

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

Would a dedi with an Intel Celeron 847 CPU (1.1GHz) and 4GB of RAM be enough to host the mission?

No :(

Your processor it's very lower for launch a dedicated server arma3 (altis life) + mysql server

First, thanks Tonic for a fun mod.

I am trying to define the textures for the cops/civilians clothing. I think it might need a class define in the "life_server\config.cpp". The vehicle texture isn't a problem since it's defined in fn_vehicleColorCfg.sqf, but can't find anywhere which would define the clothing's textures (cadet uniform, patrol officer, donator etc).

Could someone point me into the right way?

Can someone help me a little? I'm stuck =(

Where I can find a code to disable cop saving gear after death?

There is an cop defaults from fn_copDefault.sqf

_units = {(_x distance _veh < 300)} count playableUnits;
		if(count crew _x == 0) then
		{
			switch (true) do
			{
				case ((_x getHitPointDamage "HitEngine") > 0.7 && _units == 0) : {deleteVehicle _x};
				case ((_x getHitPointDamage "HitLFWheel") > 0.98 && _units == 0) : {deleteVehicle _x};
				case ((_x getHitPointDamage "HitLF2Wheel") > 0.98 && _units == 0) : {deleteVehicle _x};
				case ((_x getHitPointDamage "HitRFWheel") > 0.98 && _units == 0) : {deleteVehicle _x};
				case ((_x getHitPointDamage "HitRF2Wheel") > 0.98 && _units == 0) : {deleteVehicle _x};
				case (_units == 0): {deleteVehicle _x};
			};
		};

Thanks a lot. We got it fixed with this bit.

Another question: Is there any way of re-enabling the saving of vests for civilians?

Other than that, mod is performing as expected and we're having a lot of fun, thanks.

---------- Post added at 16:16 ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 ----------

Can someone tell me how to setup the Turtles.

If you mean editing the price, we figured out that changing the "3000" value in the fn_sellTurtle.sqf did the job. You can find that in the actions folder in your PBO.

Hey guys,

I'm trying to setup a server on my computer to test the modifications I've made. So I set it up exactly as on my working Dedi server (which works perfectly...). But when I try to load, after I see the map and should be chosing where I spawn, I get a black screen with an error message that says : "Can't setup your session with the server. You have reached the maximum tries of 3. Please reconnect" I assume this should be related to MySQL and Arma2Net because I've looked at the Arma2Net log files and I noticed that the "result" after an INSERT is "Error". I've checked the user privileges but it was allowed to use INSERT.

So far I've reinstalled the MySQL Server (5.5), used different mysql users in Databases.txt, reinstalled arma 3, changed username in arma 3, but nothing works for me...

It would be appreciated if someone could help me solve my problem :)

Sorry to bother you wonderful people and im not sure if im allowed to ask this but how would i go about adding new things onto the original map provided by Tonic.

Basically what im asking is how do I load the mission into the Map Editor, Thanks.

-Dee

Hi Tonic, i come to the news concerning the addition from spawnpoint :/

I hope it's for a next update :/