Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

Altis Life RPG

Just posting here to tell Tonic that this is the best mod I've ever played on any game. I hope you don't abandon this project because it still has so much potential. Ignore the trolls/dumbasses.

Thanks tonic for the new update.

But how change the price of ressources ?

Question for anyone that could answer it: My server's cleanup script is the base cleanup script provided by Tonic's Altis Life 3.0.9. I seem to be running into the issue where it does not save permanent vehicles. Many of our players are saying that the vehicle is no longer in their garage. I have tested this myself. I can purchase a permanent vehicle, and when I put it in the garage before logging I am fine. But if I leave the vehicle somewhere and log off, after a while or after a restart, it is like I had never bought the vehicle, though I still paid for it. Any help on this is appreciated, I have scoured through about 600 pages of multiple game server forums and BI's forums, I still end up with nothing. I believe it is deleting the vehicles because they are "inactive". Thank you Tonic for the wonderful mod, and thanks to the community for everyone's insight and workthroughs.

Cheers, Able.

Thank you Tonic for sharing this fantastic mod.

I have to admit it took me an entire day to make it work. It was a lot of components that needed to be in a specific version and alot of files that needed to be in specific folders. :)

But now it's up and running on a dedicated server with battle eye extended, mySql, Arma2Net and the whole shabang. It sure was worth in the end. It looks really really nice and I can only imagine what could be achieved in the future.

I'm really sorry if I'm repeating a question, but why is'nt this fantastic code published on Github? This project would thrive in an environment where developers can collaborate in a structured way. Every bugfix, new asset or feature would all be gathered in one place so that everyone can enjoy them. Altis life rpg v3.1.0 is a great foundation and you would be backed by everyone who like what you do. I'm a senior developer and lifelong gamer. I would most certainly branch the code from github and then push my improvements back tp your repository so you can choose to include the changes or not. You will not loose control over your project/code because you publish it on Github. Simply don't accept changes from other developers if you don't like the changes they did. Give Github a try. I'm sure you'll love it. You have a unique chance to make something fantastic even greater if you let others help.

And I agree with a previous comment, don't let forum trolls and frustrated complaining people get the better of you. :) You've done great and we would all like to see you continue what you have started. Please keep on working and sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Protoxz View Post

Hi, i need to add a civilian spawnpoint, i added :

HTML Code:

class Item900

{

position[]={20084.033,100.186,6722.73};

name="civ_spawn_5";

type="Empty";

};

In the mission.sqm

and added :

HTML Code:

["civ_spawn_5","Poste Rebelle"]

in the fn_spawnpointcfg.sqf file

I changed :

HTML Code:

{

ctrlShow[38514,false];

};

for

HTML Code:

{

ctrlShow[38514,true];

};

in the fn_spawnmenu.sqf to enable to see de 5. spawn button

But when i select the last button, the map zoom on the left-bot corner and when i click "Spawn" i spawn to the little island and not to my rebel outpost.

Can every one help me ? :/

PS : I'm french, sorry for my bad english

Ok, i added a new marker, when i click to the new button for spawn on the Rebel outpost, the zoom is ok, but when i click spawn, i spawn on the island :/

Can every one help me ?

Thanks tonic for the new update.

But how change the price of ressources ?

In @life_server\vars.sqf

Edited by Oforf Ucksake

In @life_server\vars.sqf

Thanks men !

love you

I got bored and started making the spawn selection menu more modular to where you can easily add spawn points just by editing the config. May aim to make it tie into the territory control system I have planned for it where if Rebels were to take Kavala cops could no longer spawn there till they get rid of the threat.

I don't even know anymore. It's coming down to a game of when I'm bored...

http://tonic.pw/arma3%202014-01-29%2016-23-48-17.png

As for the guy that was having issues adding new spawn points I know why you are having issues. It's a design oversight that I had done and it's sort of hard-coded at the moment but for civilians you need to look at fn_initCiv.sqf and look for stuff like this:

civ_spawn_4 = nearestObjects[getMarkerPos  "civ_spawn_4", ["Land_i_House_Big_01_V1_F","Land_i_House_Small_01_V2_F","Land_i_House_Small_03_V1_F"],250];

You basically need to do the same thing but replace civ_spawn_4 with the marker name for the spawn point. The rebel thing that you are trying to achieve may not work with that exact code and may require adjusting. Again it was a design oversight but civilians were only meant to spawn at 4 specific towns and there was an array setup with buildings that they would randomly spawn in. Adding additional spawn points for cops no problem but civilians require more work for additional spawn points.

Edited by Tonic-_-

Hell yeah !!! Thank's for your great job ! Do you have a donator e mail (paypal) ?

Hell yeah !!! Thank's for your great job ! Do you have a donator e mail (paypal) ?

If you really want to donate...

btn_donate_LG.gif

Tonic, I've managed to add cop lights to suv and the hunter but i can't get the "siren lights on" to show in scroll menu as default.

I've changed the actions setup (removed the offroad condition)

//Lights?
	life_actions = life_actions + [player addAction["Siren Lights ON",{[[vehicle player,0.22],"life_fnc_copLights",true,false] spawn life_fnc_MP; vehicle player setVariable["lights",true,true];},"",0,false,false,"",
' vehicle player != player && ((driver vehicle player) == player) && !(vehicle player getVariable "lights")']];
	life_actions = life_actions + [player addAction["Siren Lights OFF",{vehicle player setVariable["lights",false,true];},"",0,false,false,"", ' vehicle player != player && ((driver vehicle player) == player) && (vehicle player getVariable "lights") ']];	

And added this to the sirens F key (was trying to get the lights to come on when siren gets turned on but cocked that up...)

vehicle player setVariable["lights",true,true];

So when I hit F the option appears to turn lights on and works but can't figure out what im missing to just have it as standard for all 3 cop vehicles...

---------- Post added at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

Hi ! Where can i have the last files (3.0.9) please.

No offence, but why would you want the last release? 3.1 runs much smoother :D

Tonic, I've managed to add cop lights to suv and the hunter but i can't get the "siren lights on" to show in scroll menu as default.

I've changed the actions setup (removed the offroad condition)

//Lights?
	life_actions = life_actions + [player addAction["Siren Lights ON",{[[vehicle player,0.22],"life_fnc_copLights",true,false] spawn life_fnc_MP; vehicle player setVariable["lights",true,true];},"",0,false,false,"",
' vehicle player != player && ((driver vehicle player) == player) && !(vehicle player getVariable "lights")']];
	life_actions = life_actions + [player addAction["Siren Lights OFF",{vehicle player setVariable["lights",false,true];},"",0,false,false,"", ' vehicle player != player && ((driver vehicle player) == player) && (vehicle player getVariable "lights") ']];	

And added this to the sirens F key (was trying to get the lights to come on when siren gets turned on but cocked that up...)

vehicle player setVariable["lights",true,true];

So when I hit F the option appears to turn lights on and works but can't figure out what im missing to just have it as standard for all 3 cop vehicles...

---------- Post added at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

No offence, but why would you want the last release? 3.1 runs much smoother :D

There was a particular reason why I had it setup on an addaction and that was because I wanted to keep the lights on but the siren off so attaching it to the F binding is rhfbndsyhfgbgerfhjnfdcdytgdscgnDSRFHfdhgwsHGB34^T#$^#WYGw but maybe this?

life_actions = life_actions + [player addAction["Siren Lights ON",{[[vehicle player,0.22],"life_fnc_copLights",true,false] spawn life_fnc_MP; vehicle player setVariable["lights",true,true];},"",0,false,false,"",' vehicle player != player && (typeOf vehicle player) in ["C_Offroad_01_F","SUV","HUNTER","IDKTHECLASSNAMESOFFHAND"] && !isNil {vehicle player getVariable "lights"} && ((driver vehicle player) == player) && !(vehicle player getVariable "lights") && sunOrMoon < 1']];

life_actions = life_actions + [player addAction["Siren Lights OFF",{vehicle player setVariable["lights",false,true];},"",0,false,false,"", ' vehicle player != player && (typeOf vehicle player) in ["C_Offroad_01_F","SUV","HUNTER","IDKTHECLASSNAMESOFFHAND"] && !isNil {vehicle player getVariable "lights"} && ((driver vehicle player) == player) && (vehicle player getVariable "lights") ']];

Pay attention to the replacement (typeOf vehicle player) in [ARRAY] and be sure to add the vehicle classnames to the array.

In the fn_vehicleShopBuy.sqf & fn_vehicleShopBuySave.sqf just put: _vehicle setVariable["lights",false,true]; and that should fix the issue.

I never expand the lights past the offroad because I thought it just looked goofy.

Yeah I didn't want to add it to the siren, I do want it independent, but as my attempts failed I tried to find otherways to initiate the lights and stumbled upon that! I'll give that snip a whirl now :) thanks

The lights on the SUV look pretty good in the grill, I've set up one skinned cop car and a black for unmarked, creeps the hell out of people when a normal car starts blaring sirens and has flashies :P

Hey,

On my jail release, my players are spawning 30 miles out to sea out of Kavala. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hey,

On my jail release, my players are spawning 30 miles out to sea out of Kavala. Any ideas?

Thanks

You probably deleted the jail releasement marker. The marker was originally placed in Kavala called "jail_release". If you've deleted the marker you need to re-add it otherwise the default coordinates are 000000.

Reference: core\civilian\fn_jailMe.sqf

switch (true) do
{
case (_bail) :
{
	life_is_arrested = false;
	life_bail_paid = false;
	hint "You have paid your bail and are now free.";
	serv_wanted_remove = [player];
	player setPos (getMarkerPos "jail_release");
	[[getPlayerUID player],"life_fnc_wantedRemove",false,false] spawn life_fnc_MP;
	[1,false] call life_fnc_sessionHandle;
};

case (_esc) :
{
	hint "You have escaped from jail, you still retain your previous crimes and now have a count of escaping jail.";
	[[0,format["%1 has escaped from jail!",name player]],"life_fnc_broadcast",nil,false] spawn life_fnc_MP;
	[[getPlayerUID player,name player,"901"],"life_fnc_wantedAdd",false,false] spawn life_fnc_MP;
};

case (alive player && !_esc && !_bail) :
{
	hint "You have served your time in jail and have been released.";
	[[getPlayerUID player],"life_fnc_wantedRemove",false,false] spawn life_fnc_MP;
	player setPos (getMarkerPos "jail_release");
	[1,false] call life_fnc_sessionHandle;
};
};

I found the info I was looking for. Thanks!

Sorry for my confusion,

RangerDave

Edited by RangerDave

Is the mission supposed to be saving weapons/gear? I see it being placed in the database, but never do I see it actually load in game.

Where is bank on the map ? No, federal reserver, but bank with save ?

Would anyone be able to tell me how I can have Civilian gear save? (guns etc.)

Thanks,

-Boyhas

go to an ATM

Tonic, i've been looking at your Taze script, since im getting errors on my server that sometimes a cop can taze and sometimes it just instantly kills a civ, other cop or whatever,

where do you define in your scripting when someone gets tazed? ive been looking at the handledamage function and also the taze function, and i see you have a condition of

if(_source != _unit && isPlayer _source && side _source == west && _curWep in ["hgun_P07_snds_F","arifle_SDAR_F"]) then
{
if(_projectile in ["B_9x21_Ball","B_556x45_dual"]) then
{
	_damage = false;

I suppose this is the script to check if the side is west and the weapon is a hgun_P07 or Arifle, and the bullets he is shooting is B_9x21_Ball to not to damage and then spawn the taze function however its extremely weird that sometimes it works on a cop and sometimes it isntantly kills the target

btw in life_tazed is a small typo in the bottom

}
else
{
_unit allowDamage true;
life_iztazed = false;
};

should be life_istazed no?

Edited by Aphec

Can anyone help me? Where is civilian default gear settings? Can't find it... Want change default loadout.

Thanks for advice =)

*sorry for my bad English.

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 ----------

There is no any bank. Just opent mission.sqm in game editor or text editor.

Would anyone be able to tell me how I can have Civilian gear save? (guns etc.)

Thanks,

-Boyhas

You need to edit

core/fn_civLoadGear.sqf

core/fn_civFetchGear.sqf

But be aware - sometimes when civ logout or die dropped weapons stay few moments on a ground and there is few ways to duplicate items.