Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

Altis Life RPG

Ninja, the answer is in the readme file for Arma2NETMySQL, follow it through thoroughly and follow all of the suggestions; read all of the log files associated and mentioned in the readme file. It took me several hours to figure out the solution because I wasn't being detail-oriented enough. :)

Tonic i get the same error " contacting server for player information" , both connection with mysql and arma2net are fine...but i get this error too

As I said you need to pack the life_server folder into a pbo in the @life_server\addons folder and launch it with Arma2Net (-mod=@life_server;@arma2net).

When you are stuck with that specific message it means the addon isn't launched, when you get 3 tries failed attempt that means the connection between ARMA 3->Arma2Net->MySQL was bad

Also as I said in the original post it's recommended to setup a separate database user with limited permission otherwise you put your entire SQL server at risk. I've had someone in the past try injecting SQL to disrupt the server from SQF->Arma2Net but I have a user with very limited permissions so it's best to take my advice.

Edited by Tonic-_-

As I said you need to pack the life_server folder into a pbo in the @life_server\addons folder and launch it with Arma2Net (-mod=@life_server;@arma2net).

When you are stuck with that specific message it means the addon isn't launched, when you get 3 tries failed attempt that means the connection between ARMA 3->Arma2Net->MySQL was bad

Also as I said in the original post it's recommended to setup a separate database user with limited permission otherwise you put your entire SQL server at risk. I've had someone in the past try injecting SQL to disrupt the server from SQF->Arma2Net but I have a user with very limited permissions so it's best to take my advice.

i pack the life_server into addons / @life_server.pbo ( and was packed alredy when i download it ), the game launch both mod life_server and arma2net, but still get dat error, if u need remote desktop access i can give you, to ceck if evrithing its ok.

Ninja, the answer is in the readme file for Arma2NETMySQL. I had the exact same problem and it is covered in the documentation. Be sure to check all associated log files mentioned in the readme file as they will tell you exactly what the problem is.

Ninja, the answer is in the readme file for Arma2NETMySQL. I had the exact same problem and it is covered in the documentation. Be sure to check all associated log files mentioned in the readme file as they will tell you exactly what the problem is.

This.

Tonic and the good people who made Arma2NETMySQL have made all information available to get your server running. He even goes so far to say that you need at least "elementary" database administration knowledge.

EDIT: Dig deeper, check all of your log files. RPT files aren't the ONLY thing that outputs error messages. Check your Arma2NETMySQL log files. Only by digging deeper into log files will you find the root cause of your issue.

The error looks like you didn't setup MySQL right and it has no information on where to send/store your player data. Like I said though, you won't know until you read the other logs and find the root error that's causing your problem.

Edited by ForsakenCheese
Addtional information.

The problem here is people don't want to do the work to setup/maintain a proper server, they want someone to spoon-feed them, log-in to their computer remotely and do all the work. How do you expect to fix the problems that come up later if someone did all the hard work for you? If you truly expect to maintain a proper server you will need to have an intimate knowledge of the setup and configuration pains so that when a problem does come up in the future, you can fix it. Give a guy a fish, he'll eat for a day; teach him to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

Hi Tonic.

I just want to ask you something simple.. where can i change the time it takes to delete dead cars? is it in the cleanup.fsm file of @life_server?

Cause some player said that their cars are being deleted in no time when they are abbandoned... i want to change that to make it 1 hour, long enoght to get a repair kit or to be impounded by a police officer.

I hope you can help me with this.

Thanks.

It's in life_server\core\system\fn_cleanup.sqf

Abandon / damaged vehicles are only cleaned up every 35 minutes and that takes in a few states. Is the vehicle damaged? (Engine,Wheel), are there players within 300m of the vehicle? If no then delete, if yes then skip. 3 minutes after that Misc items dropped from dead players are deleted and then 3 minutes after that all weapon holders (Items, clothes, weapons, etc) on the ground are deleted then it goes into a sleep state again for another 35 minutes.

Dead vehicles (Vehicles that can't be repaired period) are deleted every 2 minutes. There is no reason to keep those on the map because they're dead, there is nothing to do with them at all. That is controled via cleanup.fsm

lawless and Galdor, the answer you seek is in the Arma2NETMySQL installation readme; that's all I am going to say. I had the same issue.

EDIT: Tonic, did you see my previous post regarding Github? I believe that with community-help we can create an epic scenario for ARMA3 that is well-polished and well supported. Please let me know what you think, thanks! :D

Checked it a few times

The problem here is people don't want to do the work to setup/maintain a proper server, they want someone to spoon-feed them, log-in to their computer remotely and do all the work. How do you expect to fix the problems that come up later if someone did all the hard work for you? If you truly expect to maintain a proper server you will need to have an intimate knowledge of the setup and configuration pains so that when a problem does come up in the future, you can fix it. Give a guy a fish, he'll eat for a day; teach him to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

so bad what u say , i relase many addons and mods, and if an user ask me a private solution for it i alwais help, what u say is selfish and is not good for a community

so bad what u say , i relase many addons and mods, and if an user ask me a private solution for it i alwais help, what u say is selfish and is not good for a community

I am not selfish by teaching people to fish, it is quite the contrary; on the other hand, since you refuse to be taught I will just spoon-feed you as you wish:

Check the log in C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Local\Arma2NET (oh but you could have learned this yourself if you had taken the time to, but you are a self-righteous individual who chose to throw insults at people who were trying to help them instead).

Edited by Travisrowland

I am not selfish by teaching people to fish, it is quite the contrary; on the other hand, since you refuse to be taught I will just spoon-feed you as you wish:

Check the log in C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Local\Arma2NETMySQL (oh but you could have learned this yourself if you had taken the time to, but you are a self-righteous individual who chose to throw insults at people who were trying to help them instead).

Get over yourself people ask for a simple piece of help your just a wanker

+10 man

---------- Post added at 04:04 ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 ----------

this is scared, actually only 10 servers running and most of them are american ping up to 230, the one EU with people inside BWG server, is a kind of a kid server.....we really need to undestand how to set up this think.

You're welcome for giving you the answer.

EDIT:

I will even go one step further to appease the masses (directly from the readme file under the TROUBLESHOOTING section):

Windows 7 (and other Windows versions?) can sometimes block DLLs from running. If you right click the .dll and click on properties

at the bottom of the list there is a security tab. For the precompiled DLL, it knows the DLL came from another computer and

thus doesn't trust it. You'll need to enable the DLL to run. If you are not comfortable with this, you can always compile

the source code and generate the DLL yourself.

What this means is, go into the Arma2NET folder inside of your ARMA 3 installation, right click each dll file, go to properties and click "Unblock".

One other thing you may need to do, as side-loading dll files can be finicky, put the MySQL and SQLite DLL files in the Arma2NET folder, also ensure you have the correct versions installed (the ones mentioned in the log files where it FAILS to load them, which you would have noticed if you had even checked all of the log files mentioned in the readme file, which I know you didn't)

Edited by Travisrowland

Typical internet kid resorting to name calling because people won't spoon feed him the answer.

It's easy to sit back and get snarky with us, when you won't even lift a finger to do the smallest amount of research by using the worlds greatest tool "GOOGLE". "Contacting player information..." is a seriously generic error, and I'm betting if you did a little bit of freaking googling you would find out that the specific C# error you posted earlier is directly tied to .dll file issues (which by the way, is explained in all the documentation, if you bothered to read it.) and then you'd know that "Hey maybe I should copy/move those .dll files to my ARMA2NET folder to see if that's the problem."

Instead you come here and act like a little prick to get your way nevermind that fact that the author said he wasn't supporting any MySQL issues.

Tonic, sorry to bother you..

I have another 2 questions, how can i increase the starting money of the Federal Reserve?.. cause we are not much players in our server and when someone try to rob it, it always say that it has no founds XD.

And.. where can i change the initial wheater..cause i love to see more rain in the game.

Hope you can help me with that issue.

Thanks.

Edited by Scar.arg

i have sort the problem that is how i solver the issue "contancting server for player information" so navigate so Arma2Net folder go to Addin folder, if you user Mysql, copy the dll's from the folder plugin mysql, and PASTE it to the main root of Arma2Net.

And le jue son fait!

Lol kid

no joking man, is working wanna test it?

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

to put cops whitelisted? to define the ID's nobody know?

hello all ,

I my problem is this, I copy the three dll root @ arma2net, and places to stay block to the creation he tries to create the user but after three test he told me to reconnect. Here in the link rpt A2Net.

http://pastebin.com/VvGPzL11

thx for help me

Edited by Vip3r

Tonic, sorry to bother you..

I have another 2 questions, how can i increase the starting money of the Federal Reserve?.. cause we are not much players in our server and when someone try to rob it, it always say that it has no founds XD.

And.. where can i change the initial wheater..cause i love to see more rain in the game.

Hope you can help me with that issue.

Thanks.

\life_server\vars.sqf

//Calculate starting player base and times it by 750 dollars to give initial bank funding.

life_federal_funds = (count playableUnits) * 750;

As far as weather goes that can only really be changed through the mission.sqm (Mission Editor). However I have never done weather effects for a few reason, the primary reason why I don't edit the weather through there is because effects don't sync. I wanted to do a dynamic weather system like what I had in Wasteland on ARMA 2 but the problem is ARMA 3's weather system sucks... It was sort of hard to fool with it on ARMA 2 but it's even more less responsive on ARMA 3 due to the clouds being switched to SimulWeather SDK. Once they fix their issues with it I tend to have dynamic weather.

As for the rest of you, you need to chill your tits. This is why I didn't release it before and I didn't want to release it at all. It has already been stated that if you are having issues with Arma2Net you need to refer to the documentation and take it over to Firefly's thread for support for the SQL side, this is not the place for that type of support nor is it the place for all of you to be bickering like children, take your crap else where.

I am only offering support FOR THE MISSION and nothing else.

Hello Tonic,

Thank you for your work, it's an amazing job !

Just want to know something about the radar, how can we use it, I look the function, but no way to make it works in game.

I've just made a change on the cop car shop of the air HQ, cops car spawned to kavala, no spawn was activate for this car shop.

Sorry for my english, I'm french.

is there a way for cops to get higher level without editing them manual in the database

No.

Hello Tonic,

Thank you for your work, it's an amazing job !

Just want to know something about the radar, how can we use it, I look the function, but no way to make it works in game.

I've just made a change on the cop car shop of the air HQ, cops car spawned to kavala, no spawn was activate for this car shop.

Sorry for my english, I'm french.

I didn't write that but I believe you need to have the 'stun pistol' out and when you are looking at a vehicle going faster then 33KPH press L or K and a hit should pop up. Not entirely sure as I said I didn't write it, it was something that was carried over from the Stratis Life system and a member of STS wrote it.

As for the 'car shop' at the air HQ, it's not suppose to be there. In the next release that should be fixed with a lot of other issues. Here is a tracker of issues that I have been fixing over the past couple of days.

http://rm.iamtonic.co/versions/1