Sign in to follow this  
dram

Upcoming Main Branch update

Hello everyone.

First off, we apologize for the lack of updates, we are hard at work on the Global Objectives system, the Technology Tree, Mars 3 as a vehicle, and the landing systems overhaul. These changes are quite vast and certainly game breaking until completed, hence the lack of updates. By the end of the week these things will be completed and normal daily updates to the development branch will resume. The main branch will also be updated by the end of the week or early next week.

Admittedly we should have kept more in touch with you guys during this process, but there was so much to do that we needed to keep our minds set on the goal. Here on out, we'll make sure to let you guys know what is happening so that noone feels either left out or worried about where the project is headed.

I look forward to feedback from you guys about the changes, a lot to look forward to!

No worries Dram:) I have full confidence you and the team on making this game great. And im really looking forward to the Main Branch Update! Can you tell me abit more about the Global Objectives System?

No worries Dram:) I have full confidence you and the team on making this game great. And im really looking forward to the Main Branch Update!

Thank you so much for the support, we love making games and receiving feedback from you guys makes it all worthwhile :)

Can you tell me a bit more about the Global Objectives System?

The Global Objectives system is one of the key changes in the Space Program. The old system had you complete a linear, progressive flow of campaign missions starting from Victoria Crater and ending on Deimos, with newer technologies becoming available as you progressed. Now, this system has been completely overhauled, and instead of a linear campaign flow, you have many locations available, and have a list of objectives you must complete. These objectives have missions tied to them which are dispersed across the various locations. These may include basic terrain mapping across the various locations or characterizing the behavior and composition of the Martian atmosphere, and so on.

The instruments and vehicles which allow you to perform these analyses are now gained via research. That is, instead of becoming available by completing missions or by an abstract incremented value, new technology is available by performing research in the various fields of science, and with a combination of research items, new vehicles and instruments become available. This, in turn, means that you determine the technological prowess of your agency yourself.

Bloody HELL! Thats just NEAT !:D Great work, and remember to say thank you to your developer team!

Cheers guys :)

Bloody HELL! Thats just NEAT !:D Great work, and remember to say thank you to your developer team!

We are the development team :) And thank you!

I presume starting a new game now will be a waste due to the new system coming out shortly? I hope tomorrow Monday ? :D

i didnt play for a week+, still waitin' for that update :D

edit: hows progress on Lyot crater?

Edited by FeltHat

Hey guys, just an update to the update, the final release dates are:

Development Branch: 14th Nov 2013

Main Branch: 19th Nov 2013

Sorry for the shift, we moved the dates to ensure we get to test the functionality properly.

Hey guys, just an update to the update, the final release dates are:

Development Branch: 14th Nov 2013

Main Branch: 19th Nov 2013

Sorry for the shift, we moved the dates to ensure we get to test the functionality properly.

Sweet! :D I cant wait !:D

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE RELEASED!

Here are a few screenshots:

Mars 3 + PROP-M, the first vehicle to successfully land on Mars.

mars3.jpg

The Global Objectives screen, showing the objectives of your agency and how many missions are left in each to complete them, complete with a progress bar.

obj.jpg

The all-new 'Probe' vehicle, which is the most basic vehicle in the game.

probe.jpg

The Technology Tree screen, showing the various fields of research, items within them, and a list of instruments, vehicles etc to the left for easy highlighting of required technologies.

tech.jpg

Martin, that looks really great and congrats on the progress! We looking forward to the new updates there. Keep up the fantastic work!

Martin, that looks really great and congrats on the progress! We looking forward to the new updates there. Keep up the fantastic work!

Thank you for you support! It's you guys who make it all worthwhile :)

That looks indeed great! Especially looking forward to the research tree - can't wait for that.

Great job Martin and thanks for all your commitment into this project!

Excellent work, guys! These new additions really add a lot more to the players workload, especially in the thinking department. Great stuff :)

This looks great!:) By the way, is everyone else running version 0.8.0234, or is it just me. (The last time my game updated was October 3rd.)

Great update! :) But, im kinda screwing my game up all the time as im not familiar with money nor tech-tree and what to do.. whats the best approach to gain money + technologies? Ive got some small landers, but there are few missions only... i can send alot of probes to get some cash ofc. Does anyone have a decent guide for me to start with?

And is there more to do with the Mars 3? Or is it just the first 5 minutes, and thats it?

And to add: The last patch screwed up my game... whenever i load it, the main room ( control room ) are rendered oddly, im basicly outside in a black room... and when i want to construct a rover, the room is there but no vehicle can be created..

Fixxerdot, try going to the '3d Resolution Scale' in the top tab of the options panel and dropping it down a touch. This has helped with a number of graphics glitches in the past. Just a very small drop is sometimes all it needs.

Fixxerdot, try going to the '3d Resolution Scale' in the top tab of the options panel and dropping it down a touch. This has helped with a number of graphics glitches in the past. Just a very small drop is sometimes all it needs.

I will try that first!:) But it must be the game, since all saves are the same.

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:12 ----------

Haha! that fixed it lol :D Thanks!

Quite recently, I bought two games indicated as "final version" (inculding one of B.I. :( ). The result is a (bad) feeling of having bought two games in "beta version" (and throwing money down the drain), both are almost unplayable for me, so I rarely or never launch the games . Therefore I really hesitate to buy Take On Mars... I shouldn't have to hesitate ! Even if the game isn't totally achieved, you have done a wonderfull work ! And, at last, I can play a game which give me a real big pleasure (afterall, it's quite the definition of "game").

Keep on the good work !

Advice to simulation's freaks : Buy Take On Mars ! I don't think you'll regret it !

Hello pumpkin, thank you for the kind words, very glad you are enjoying it! :) Many more updates to come, including content.

Sign in to follow this