g00d69

COD-Like Units addon - WIP.

i am not a big fan of CoD but your reskins are good, keep it up .

no flags? I finished the campaign yesterday and I'd swear they were all wearing US flags on their shoulders. :p

And maybe the black version of the rifle they're holding would look better on 'm!

no flags? I finished the campaign yesterday and I'd swear they were all wearing US flags on their shoulders. :p

And maybe the black version of the rifle they're holding would look better on 'm!

Yeah no worries, there will be big US flags on every uniforms , that will be the final touch :p, and i will put black weapons for the guys in black.

Yeah no worries, there will be big US flags on every uniforms , that will be the final touch :p, and i will put black weapons for the guys in black.

1384551259-ghost-team.jpg

Some of those units aren't US though, one on the far left is definitely British SAS and isn't 'Ghost' British too?

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/46/1384551259-ghost-team.jpg

Some of those units aren't US though, one on the far left is definitely British SAS and isn't 'Ghost' British too?

This is very much true. And in addition, both of the SAS units in the two pictures are the exact same model. As I stated, I hope we get to see more variants. Some with helmets, and some with hoods for instance.

Edited by Sindrio2

"starts dressing up like ghost to sneak to g00d69's house to try and steal the addon :P", seriously these are looking better and better every time ou post a new picture keep it up and i hope we can play with them soon :)

Hi all

I am planning to make a first release soon, i was just waiting for Cunico permission for using his great Hidden identity Pack and for modify one shemagh texture color for the release (Thanks to him), now it's done so the work can go on.

Your camo clearly ignores the natural lines of the clothing. Its drawn over the seams, even pockets are just "covered" under one solid piece of camouflage texture. Look at some reference pictures of actual Military clothing and you will notice that the pattern is not just flowing over pockets and the different parts of the pants.

I know this isnt a "seriouse" addon, but especially since it appears to be your first: Maybee doing it right on the first try will improve further workflow. At least i am sure it will defenitly create a better texture in the end.

Your camo clearly ignores the natural lines of the clothing. Its drawn over the seams, even pockets are just "covered" under one solid piece of camouflage texture. Look at some reference pictures of actual Military clothing and you will notice that the pattern is not just flowing over pockets and the different parts of the pants.

I know this isnt a "seriouse" addon, but especially since it appears to be your first: Maybee doing it right on the first try will improve further workflow. At least i am sure it will defenitly create a better texture in the end.

Hi

Thanks for your advices, actually i was focusing about equipments and textures are not finalized, its just generic for give a general overview of the differents types of units.For exemple black uniforms or vests will not be only black and elements will have detailled textures.Same for "Ghost" and "Keegan" characters, they will have there own camo like in the serie.(ex: pants with snake stripes and other details http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131105202810/callofduty/images/4/48/Keegan_P._Russ_full_body_shot_CoDG.png)

I know this isnt a "seriouse" addon, but especially since it appears to be your first: Maybe doing it right on the first try will improve further workflow. At least i am sure it will defenitly create a better texture in the end.

It's not that big of a deal. Plus, if you've got a good template, the lines in the clothing will naturally break up the one-piece camo pattern. The plus-side to just overlaying the camo pattern is that you can then use a common template to churn out different patterned uniforms if the point of your addon is to have a large variety of different uniforms.

@g00d69: thats good to hear, i was hoping for a quallity approach with attention to detail. If you need any help please feel free to send me a PM, i would be glad to help out.

@antoineflemming: Yes some people have the quantity over quallity approach. Given the current feel of the community thats not bad at all, but some more picky players defenitly prefere quallity and detail over a shear ammount of streched and simply placed seamless camo patterns. Therefor i am trying to see which addon makers approach for quallity, so i might be able to help them reach there goal. Especially since it is quallity addons that make me enjoy the arma series.

@g00d69: thats good to hear, i was hoping for a quallity approach with attention to detail. If you need any help please feel free to send me a PM, i would be glad to help out.

@antoineflemming: Yes some people have the quantity over quallity approach. Given the current feel of the community thats not bad at all, but some more picky players defenitly prefere quallity and detail over a shear ammount of streched and simply placed seamless camo patterns. Therefor i am trying to see which addon makers approach for quallity, so i might be able to help them reach there goal. Especially since it is quallity addons that make me enjoy the arma series.

Well, you most certainly can have both.

Hey g00d69, I'm just curious, where did you find those animations in the poster/wallpapers you posted?

Hi all

Sorry didn't have the time to work on addon, i am actually very busy, i think i will have more time from january

So for waiting, here is a little teaser that i have made

Nice job, waiting to see it released.

If I can ask, what is this animation with the gun up in hand you used?

he posted an answer a couple posts up. :p

I downloaded the animation mod but can't get it to work. it only lets me play the animation in the animation viewer.

trailer looks very cool!

I downloaded the animation mod but can't get it to work. it only lets me play the animation in the animation viewer.

trailer looks very cool!

Damn, overlooked this exact post :) My bad, thanks.

trailer looks very cool!

That's how it is. It isn't a player animation. It's like the campaign's sitting animations. They're specifically for cinematics and such.