Sign in to follow this  
artem-83

Problem with installing Hinds DLC

Hi i try to install HINDS DLC, but after i try to manually activate the key, it show that it activated successfully , and nothing happen after. Please help!

I once had the same problem with ArmA2 DLC, i found a solution but its require a second PC with Win XP, but it will definitely work, all you need to do is to install TOH and Hinds on an computer that has Windows XP, (computer can be old and do not need to handle the game) just remember to install it with the same serial numbers that you want to run on your computer, its important, now after instaled Hinds DLC, you need to copy hinds folder from TOH and its registry entries installed on pc with XP to your destination pc, don't forget to clarify directory patch in registry.

Edited by Azrael000

if you have troubles just do this

1. exit STEAM

2. start STEAM via "run as administrator"

3. then at "Take On Helicopters" via STEAM menu option Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache

4. start Take On Helicopters

You should clearly see TOH: Hinds installation window , the game will delay start until that's done then continue

also You can verify if You have hinds by seeing two keys inside the "View game CDkey" menu option (also being shown on game start)

if both exist (one is for TOH one is for TOH:Hinds) and the DLC install phase happened then You all set

note:

you can enforce HINDS reinstall by erasing \Hinds\ directory inside Take On Helicopters folder

if the problem persist just try run manually \DLCsetup\HINDS\datacachepreprocessor.exe

warning, don't copy folders from DLCsetup! that's NOT gunna work ...

I tired everything in Dwarden Post on the Steam forums, verify integrity of game cache didn't work, erased the Hind folder, ran the datacachepreprocessor.exe.....

When I start the game after verifying the cache, it just started up like normal. And the datacachepreprocessor.exe just starts the game as normal as well.