Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

Priority of Bugfixing and features of BIS

BF4 is a multiplatform game with a lot more stuff in it than Arma 3 ..

That statement is beyond wrong.

BF4 has been out 4 weeks and even during the beta they managed to make big performance improvements and put out a patch in the space of about 4 days after being informed of the problem. As for BI doing a better job than DICE, BF4 is a multiplatform game with a lot more stuff in it than Arma 3 and they have been rushed into releasing it by EA. Yeah it could be worse but let's see how long it takes DICE to fix the main issues from the release date and how long it takes BI to fix Arma 3s main issues from the release date.

Not really, look how many people are crashing EVERY ROUND. Taking 4 weeks to fix a crash that happens every round and essentially stops people from playing is too long. DICE have a huge budget and god knows how many staff, you think they'd be able to fix it with their amazing game engine....

A3's main issues aren't nearly as severe as BF4's.

That statement is beyond wrong.

more vehicles, more weapons, more maps, more game modes (made by the developer), more players, more game mechanics, (stuff like bipods for example) etc. etc.

I'm sure it's got more of most things than A3, it seems like it does anyways. It doesn't excuse the issues though.

more vehicles, more weapons, more maps, more game modes (made by the developer), more players, more game mechanics, (stuff like bipods for example) etc. etc.

I'm sure it's got more of most things than A3, it seems like it does anyways. It doesn't excuse the issues though.

And you get what you get. Not even counting current and future weapon, vehicle & map addons / mods / official DLCs for arma3. There aren't hundereds of scripting commands, an editor and mod tools availible to users in BF4 (or are there?). And I bet you could fit all of the BF4 maps onto the top half of stratis island. :)

Edited by Iceman77

And you get what you get. Not even counting current and future weapon, vehicle & map addons / mods / official DLCs for arma3. There aren't hundereds of scripting commands, an editor and mod tools availible to users in BF4 (or are there?). And I bet you could fit all of the BF4 maps onto the top half of stratis island. :)

But I'm not counting all the official future content for BF4 either. No it doesn't have the modding and scripting side but I am talking about the playable content included in the game. The size of the maps doesn't really come into it, I bet there are more different textures and objects used on all of those different BF4 maps than stratis and altis put together and then you have all the destruction, weather effects and interactive features of the maps too.

This might look like I'm saying BF4 is a better game than Arma 3 by the way and I am definitely not saying that lol. Arma is my game, I'm not too fond of Arma 3 at the moment but I'm hoping it won't stay that way for a long time. It's in a much more playable condition than BF4 right now but you wouldn't expect any less after being in public Alpha and Beta for 6 months.

Edited by clydefrog