Sign in to follow this  
Tontow

Compiling and decompiling models: What should I use and how do I use it

At the moment I have blender as my main modeling program. Manly because it's free.

But I would like to try to redo the models to make them look like the original CC.

I (once again :( ) find myself at the shear mercy of the lack of documentation for modeling in CC.

What do I need to decompile a model so I can study what is required?

What do I need to compile a model once I have it created?

One thing that I find odd...

I was looking in the object viewer at Bridge_p_body.xob and when I look at the path finding data, the green path-able area is overlapping the red non-path-able area.

Is this correct or is it the cause of one of the path finding bugs?

Edit: It seems all the bridges and ramps are set up like that; with red and green path finding data overlapping the same area. No wonder walrus like to drive off of bridges...........

Edited by Tontow

At the moment I have blender as my main modeling program. Manly because it's free.

But I would like to try to redo the models to make them look like the original CC.

I (once again :( ) find myself at the shear mercy of the lack of documentation for modeling in CC.

What do I need to decompile a model so I can study what is required?

What do I need to compile a model once I have it created?

Hi, in Take On Mars we are writing an FBX to TXO exporter. This is backwards compatible with CCGM and will be available within two weeks or so. We'll make sure to let you guys know once it's ready.

Thank you.

Will this exporter also handle animations and path finding data? Or will animations and path finding data be handled by something else?

I ask about path finding data because of things like bridges and it will also allow me to do some random islands.

Hi Tontow,

Sorry about the late response. The FBX to TXO exporter has been released in Take On Mars, however at present it does not support the nav meshes you would require for bridges and the sort. Hopefully we'll be able to add this right after the New Year, and the exporter will also be added to the CCGM toolset. We'll keep you posted.

Sharper, longer, stronger, more pointy stick thingy go! *Poke* *Poke* *Poke*

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission FBX Converter is here !!!!!!!

Now where do I put slot A???