Sign in to follow this  
Kydoimos

CAS Buzzard Bombing Run

Heya - just out of interest, how do I get the CAS Buzzard to attack enemy vehicles with its scalpel missiles? I've tried removing the magazines for the gattling gun but then the plane doesn't fire at all. I've also tried the weaponselect command, but couldn't quite get it working. Any ideas, anyone? I've searched a lot online and in the forums but couldn't find much relevant. Apologies if I'm being stupid and have missed something obvious - I really have searched hard to find something!

Yeah - I really can't seem to find much on this subject. Most of what I've come across is for bombing runs on A2 and OFP.

You can use

plane1 doTarget TargetName;

sleep (1);

_1 = plane1 fireAtTarget [TargetName, "missiles_SCALPEL"];

which will effectively make the plane target and lock onto a vehicle, wait for one second, then fire a SCALPEL missile at it.

Edit: Not sure if it works, this is just what I normally use for bombing runs and such.

Edited by ruger392

Thanks Ruger, brilliant. I do think I tried that, but I'll give it another shot. Mine was a variation on your script, so perhaps yours will work - again, many thanks! :)

Spectacular! I just tried it out with the player as the target... sitting in my Hunter, sipping tea. Then, out of nowhere - boom! :cool: