Sign in to follow this  
TrenchClub

Separate controls needed for vehicle weapons

A3 really badly needs the ability to set up controls for vehicle weapons and optics that are separate from the infantry ones.

Explain this because I don't get it... I agree if you mean set vehicle controls should be set up as seperate from infantry so that just because I have F set as go prone or brake in a car, that doesn't mean I can't have it set as Flares or something like that....that's a bad explaination too but yeah...

Tell use what you mean exactly.

If like one button fires machine gun. And another button fires rockets. In Aircraft.

why? you haven't justified your OP. I don't really find any complaints with it.

I do believe it's in the feedback tracker. And yes, it is most desirable, particularly if you like to use a controller for various things.

In way of explanation, one example is 'fire'. Generally as infantry it's normal to have fire as the right trigger in FPS games. This is also the case for the default controller config in ARMA 3. But in a chopper the right trigger may best be used for collective up or right 'rudder'. The latter is also part of the default controller setup, oddly enough. This means your chopper slews right when you fire a weapon. Sure, custom controls are the sensible work-around, but you have to find one button to use across all control schemes.

Taking some of the controls out of 'common' and allowing individual assignments for infantry, vehicles and aircraft would be quite helpful, even for those who only use keyboard but like to use it in a different way for each platform.