Sign in to follow this  
Trauma.au

Long delay/freeze related to server browser

When I click on the multiplayer button to open the server browser I get a roughly 10-20 second delay/freeze (the stylized black screen with the faint white lines running across it) before the browser shows up, I also get this delay when I hit refresh (game stops rendering in the background and is unresponsive), but not every time. I get the same delay/freeze when disconnecting from a server (stays at lobby but unresponsive), presumably as it then goes back to the server browser.

I did not get this issue when I first got the survive patch, but has started doing this in the last 2 days. A mate got this same issue first launch post survive patch.

It's not the vars file issue, vars was only 183kb, applied the fix anyways with no result. Have tested a range of start up parameters (mem, cores, threads, none etc.), current nvidia drivers are up to date (R331.65) and have not changed post survive patch. Successfully verified files via steam with no files re-downloaded.

Also my connection is not having any issues.

Suggestions?

Edited by Trauma.au

Mate and I have the same issue as well, only started in the past couple of days, the Multiplayer Browser is almost completely unusable as every click takes a very long time to process. Can't Alt-Tab back to desktop as the program is hanging. I noticed you are in Australia, same here, both my mate and I are on Telstra so we are suspecting it has something to do with it.

It seems to have something to do with our internet and the browser.

PS. what is this vars fix thing?

Edited by incontrovertible

I am with Telstra also, as is my mate who got the same issue.

Vars issue and fix is detailed at the bottom of SITREP 31.

As I suspected must've been a Telstra issue. I tried my game browser just before and it seems to be working normally again so I daresay we are in the clear.