Sign in to follow this  
johnnyrocket

The Gau-19 is made by General Dynamics.

This really bothers me. The Gau-19 is made by the General Dynamics, so why wouldn't Nato forces have it? Why is it mounted on some Russian chopper? What I want is for Bistudios to implement this into the game correctly and fix what the MI-48 has on it not some half assed user mod. It's wrong it's just wrong. If anything it should have some possibly upgraded Yak-b not to mention when you fire the gun the rounds seem to explode as if it is a 20mm or 30mm. What the Gau-19 should be mounted on.

The might have been released but it still feels like Beta testing. This just really bothered me and couldn't find anyone saying anything about it.

What aircraft uses them in game again?

And I wait for others to confirm what you are saying.

Edited by ProGamer

I think he means the PO-30 Orca.

Interesting, then what weapons does the Ka-60 have access to?

while I would I agree that there is quite a resemblance between the GAU-19 and the gun on the MI-48, its definatly not a GAU-19. if anything its some fictional gatling gun variant of whatever 30mm cannon that's mounted on the MI-28 havoc. the gun in game has exploding ammunition because it is a 30mm, it says so in the vehicle description if I recall correctly, and it says so on the HUD when you select the gun. hope this helps. would definitely love to see the GAU-19 in game though:)

He mentions the Mi-48, which has a gun that looks like the GAU-19. More lame copy/paste. If the OP were to actually get into the gunner position of an Mi-48, he would see that the gun is 30mm, essentially a rotary version of the Shipunov 2A42.

while I would I agree that there is quite a resemblance between the GAU-19 and the gun on the MI-48, its definatly not a GAU-19. if anything its some fictional gatling gun variant of whatever 30mm cannon that's mounted on the MI-28 havoc. the gun in game has exploding ammunition because it is a 30mm, it says so in the vehicle description if I recall correctly, and it says so on the HUD when you select the gun. hope this helps. would definitely love to see the GAU-19 in game though:)

It's not some fictional weapon. It is a real weapon, but the problem is, BI has left us to a scavenger hunt to find out what everything is.

I type faster!

For a while, there was a littlebird with GAU-19 in ACE2. It was pretty darned sweet.

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

It's not some fictional weapon. It is a real weapon, but the problem is, BI has left us to a scavenger hunt to find out what everything is.

It IS fictional. There is no rotary 2A42 that looks like a GAU-19, except in Arma 3.

I think he means the PO-30 Orca.

No, the Orca uses a Dillon Aero M134, the Kajman uses a Gau-19 on the nose.

@OP, Because Iran CSAT reverse engineers [Read:Steals] the worlds technology, that's why.

Exibit A (American AH-1J Cobra)

Exibit B (Australian Camoflage)

Exibit C (Sidewinder clone)

Exibit D (American TOW clone based on those sold during the Iran-contra affair.)

Even the KH-2002 (Katiba) is basicly a bullpup converted DIO S-5 rifle, which is a clone of the Chinese Norinco CQ rifle (which it self is a clone of the M16A1) in a bullpup configuration, all the internals are the same

No, the Orca uses a Dillon Aero M134, the Kajman uses a Gau-19 on the nose.

Again, it only looks like one. It's a fictional rotary version of the 2A42.

Again, it only looks like one. It's a fictional rotary version of the 2A42.

Says you. I doubt you know of every weapon design ever made. Maybe someone knows, maybe it's fake. Idk

@OP, Because Iran CSAT reverse engineers [Read:Steals] the worlds technology, that's why.

Actually, the majority of the western tech (real world) Iran uses was sold to them in the 50's - 70's before the religious crazies ousted the Shah and turned the place into a wonky theocracy. The AH-1s, TOW and Sidewinder missiles were originally sold to them, they started reverse engineering them once the crazies took over and people were no longer willing to sell to them.

Who the hell cares?

Rivet counters. :j:

I remember a dev posting about that, in regards to the fictional hardware names...
creative freedom ... and savior from fanatics demanding that the IR reflector is 5cm to left from chaff ejection port and not 10 as in game ...

It blows stuff up, it's plausible, and it works. Therefor it is fine with me.

I agree, it's nice to have real world weapons but it's not 100% necessary all the time.. Especially on a fictional chopper.

However I will say that the Internet Movie Firearm Database does call it a GAU-19. I bet that was a mistake though because they don't mention that it's not chambered in .50cal and they even show a picture of a GAU-19 .50.

In cases like these I just like to say it's a fictional UPGRADED version of the Shipunov 2A42 since it acts similarly in regards to switching ammunition.

Again that's the great thing about making a GAME. You don't always have to be 100% correct on every little detail.

Idk

Then don't make statements like:

It's not some fictional weapon. It is a real weapon...

There is no evidence pointing to the existence of a rotary version of the 2A42. Claiming that it does exist puts the burden of proof on you.

---------- Post added at 08:42 ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 ----------

It blows stuff up, it's plausible, and it works. Therefor it is fine with me.

That too.

I am far more interested as to why the F it is using an Apache's cockpit...from Arma2....? Creative freedom I suppose....

creative freedom ... and savior from fanatics demanding that the IR reflector is 5cm to left from chaff ejection port and not 10 as in game ...

"creative freedom"? From what I am seeing it's also a carte blanche for being a lazy developer.

Copy paste Freedom more like.

I still expect BIS to rectify some of the extreme cases of this. Vehicle turrets/ UVs etc.

Actually, the majority of the western tech (real world) Iran uses was sold to them in the 50's - 70's before the religious crazies ousted the Shah and turned the place into a wonky theocracy. The AH-1s, TOW and Sidewinder missiles were originally sold to them, they started reverse engineering them once the crazies took over and people were no longer willing to sell to them.:j:
Nothing you said has to do with the Gau-19. Designed and created in '82-'83 and has not been sold to many countries outside the U.S., Iran included(Cannot reverse engineer if you don't have the original tech). The game takes place 15 years in the future I don't think the U.S. or any allies will be happy with Iran in that short amount of time. Back to the topic of why the hell does the MI-48 use the gau-19

Nothing you said has to do with the Gau-19.

Not explicitly, but there is nothing preventing one of the other nations that uses it from selling to CSAT, the storyline goes:

opportunities and partnerships throughout Asia, South America

Colombia and Mexico being 2 users of the GAU-19.

Back to the topic of why the hell does the MI-48 use the gau-19

I was really hoping to hit you with a succinct defence here, but we have a problem:

Ingame, the strings identify it as "Cannon Caseless 30mm" (clearly not a GAU-19, for it is too high a caliber and uses caseless ammo)

However, the configs identify it as "gatling_20mm (annoying that its different, but still clearly not a GAU-19)

So that avenue of retort is all fucked up :/

The only thing that could possibly identify it as a GAU-19 is the muzzle, which happens to have a triangular shroud over the end of the 3 barrels. However beyond that, there really isn't anything that identifies it as a GAU-19. If the texture had some GAU-19 markings on it, I'd be inclined to side with you, but it doesn't.

Finally, if we look at the size of the barrels, we can see it is clearly MUCH larger than 50 cal:

cannon.jpg

It looks to me very much like it should actually be a 30mm cannon firing 30mm rounds, so certainly NOT a GAU-19 in anything other than resemblance.

Setup, to show no cheatsies:

cannon_2.jpg

Back to the topic of why the hell does the MI-48 use the gau-19

Because the game is made by Bohemia, and they can put what they want on their fictional helicopters. If you dont like it, Mod it, or leave it.

Because the game is made by Bohemia, and they can put what they want on their fictional helicopters. If you dont like it, Mod it, or leave it.

also, this :D

FFS, how a topic like this live so much?