Sign in to follow this  
MANTIA

Campaign GHOSTS (mini campaign set of missions)

What is it? I recently started putting together a "mini campaign"/set of missions for a group/unit I play with. I figured I might as well release them to the community so they can enjoy them as well. The campaign will feature a series of missions that tie into each other. Events in one mission will tie into later missions. The idea is not to create a story line like found in most game's campaigns but more a flowing chain of missions all centered around the same conflict. Each mission will be somewhat realistic in its design. I'm not exactly sure how many missions will complete the campaign but right now I plan to make at least 8-10 missions. All missions will incorporate a VAS crate so you can use any additional addons you wish.

*note: There are no Tasks, completion messages, end game states ect. This is for several reasons some of which are to make you personally confirm objective completion and not rely on an on screen message as well as allow some freedom to you and your group on how you want to complete the mission.

Multiplayer: These missions will be designed with 4-8 coop in mind but will be able to run more or less if that is what you desire. They will be designed around small team/squad elements and tactics. Many will also have playable pilot slots available for support with also a.i. supports available as well.

*ADDONS REQUIRED!

-CBA Addon

-All other addon's can be found in a single download here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9067432/%40JSF.zip

Included are:

-Massi's DEVGRU, Delta,Rangers; UK's SAS; African Units (OPFOR)

-NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21912

-FHQ Accessories pack: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20393

-Canadian Forces Units

This thread will be used when new missions are released as well as provide Intel along with those missions

Information, Backstory, Chain of Events:

*This is 100% FICTIONAL created in my head

History of Altis:

The Republic of Altis is located off the coast of Somalia in the Arabian Sea. In the late 1990’s Atlis’ economy saw a boom when off shore oil was discovered in their waters. This lead to redevelopment of it’s coasts with creation of tourist resorts. However, after the oil in their waters ran out combined with an increase of Somali pirate scares the tourism development crashed. Today’s Altis is governed by a dictatorship backed by a weak and corrupt militia. The North Western mountainous areas of Altis are largely controlled by warlords with prominent control coming from “The Immortal Prophets of Allahâ€. Most of the island's population live in poverty. The United Nations peace keeping forces aid with feeding the hungry and medical needs often.

Small terrorist attacks often hit the outlying cities and villages of Altis and in the past U.N. soldier's have been attacked but for the most part General Kareem Farah was winning his battle against the terrorist groups. That is until the 5th of November 2013 when General Kareem Farah was killed by a suicide bomber while giving a speech in downtown Kavacala. General Farah’s son, newly appointed General Abdi Farah, took over his father’s duties and vowed revenge against the terrorists that resided in the northern mountains of his country.

While his father had a calm, collective, and thoughtful personality , young Abdi was anything but that. Abdi is rash, aggressive, and arrogant and his assault on the northern mountain people was ruthless. Villagers were drug out of their houses and executed just for the possibility of being linked to the Immortal Prophets of Allah. The IPoA declared a Jihad and extremists from all over the globe ascended on the island. Altis was now in its own civil war. With his army suffering heavy losses the young General Abdi Farah unleashed his stockpile of chemical weapons on the north, thousands of innocent people died.

Civil war continues on Altis while the rest of the world watches the two sides destroy each other.

NATO Agenda

Altis has stockpiles of chemical weapons and has used them on masses of civilians. The island is now also an extremist terrorist hot spot. The Immortal Prophets of Allah are not only conducting operations on Altis but a recent terrorist attack in Madrid, Spain has been tied to the extremist group as well. Sources say that the group is planning attacks in The United States as well as in Europe.

Something has to be done: General Abdi Farah’s chemical attacks have to stop but if his army falls those weapons cannot be allowed to fall into the hands of the Immortal Prophets of Allah.

NATO commanders agree they do not want an invasion of Altis involving conventional units to occur. Afghanistan is still fresh in the minds of the NATO nations and their citizens would not approve of another such major operation.

NATO decides to send their elite operators to bring order to the region. Delta , SAS,JTF2, 8SOG, and 160th SOAR are being deployed to the region.

The Mission: Play both sides. Break the back and funding of The Immortal Prophets of Allah to prevent future terrorist attacks in the West. Use the Republic of Altis' Militia to do the bulk of the work against the terrorist groups. Work with The Republic of Altis’ militia BUT covertly gather Intel on it’s chemical weapons, destroying them if possible.

Key Players:

Republic of Altis:

Republic of Altis leader: General Abdi Farah

Immortal Prophets of Allah leader: Ibrahim Malawi

Leader of the IPoA's Jihad. Blames The Republic of Altis' government for destroying the morals and religious views of the Island. Has a great hatred for the government's NATO allies as well.

Lead Bomb Maker: Farooq Masis

Creator of most of the suicide bombs used on Altis. Has been tired into the explosives used in a recent terrorist attack in Madrid, Spain.

Sniper: Kareem Laden

Deemed "The Black Mamba" by the U.N. Security forces of which who have been terrorized by the sniper for years. Has killed approx. 10+ U.N. Peace Keepers and an unknown amount of Republic of Altis soldiers via Sniper attack. Weapon of choice: SVD Dragunov.

Episode 1: Operation Boom Stopper (found via STEAM Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=191868657 )

3rd Group Special Forces have been on the Island for weeks working along side the Altis Militia. They have narrowed down the location of lead bomb maker Farooq Masis to a warehouse on Altis. They will lead a group of militia into a "faint attack" South of the warehouse drawing IPoA fighters away from the warehouse opening up the Northern side for your elements to raid the warehouse to kill/capture Farooq Masis and destroy any bomb making materials on the site.

Edited by DoRo

@African_conflict_A3_v1.0,@CAF,@fhq_accessories,@NATO_Russian_SF_Weapons_v_1.0,@SAS,@SOCOM_DEVGRU_A3_v1.1, and the mission wont load for me :(