Sign in to follow this  
kiory

Modders resource: New animation workflow!

Yes.

Library>Tools>ArmA3 Tools>Right click>Properties>Betas>Development. :)

There is even option to download arma2 sample packages.

Yes.

Library>Tools>ArmA3 Tools>Right click>Properties>Betas>Development. :)

There is even option to download arma2 sample packages.

Great I'll test that too. For information the problem I had with fbx import was related to P drive issue that cause the DLL folder to not be seen by object builder (cf my previous post edit 3)

Could someone please assist me with this? I can export fbx from 3ds max but it's not exporting all the bones as previously mentioned. I need a work around. Please help me! I am completely new to animations

Unfortunately I have the same issue myself (and I think a lot of people too :rolleyes:)... Some bones like "head", few fingers, and "weapon" etc... are not imported correctly into object builder.

I tried to play a little by reproducing my own skeleton instead of using the one provided by BIS and the missing bones are now ok when importing the FBX into ObjBuild.

Unfortunately I didn't had the time yet to create all the bones for now it's why I cannot share it and because I'm not sure of the scale too :)

Once I'll manage to get something ok I'll try to share ASAP. The one Kiory made and shared in this post, is good but same issue with missing bones...

Could you reupload the file to a different website ?. Multiupload is linking to Ilivid and im not downloading a program to then download another file. Thank you :)

Unfortunately I have the same issue myself (and I think a lot of people too :rolleyes:)... Some bones like "head", few fingers, and "weapon" etc... are not imported correctly into object builder.

I tried to play a little by reproducing my own skeleton instead of using the one provided by BIS and the missing bones are now ok when importing the FBX into ObjBuild.

Unfortunately I didn't had the time yet to create all the bones for now it's why I cannot share it and because I'm not sure of the scale too :)

Once I'll manage to get something ok I'll try to share ASAP. The one Kiory made and shared in this post, is good but same issue with missing bones...

Has there ever been a resolution or work around for this issue?  I'm running into the same problem now myself.

Thanks for informing us about the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Custom Animations Guide

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Is this Custom Animation Guide current?  

Also, did Bad Benson ever create a guide for custom skeletons?

I can't find the .CompJob script that renames the bones in RTM tool... where can I find this/download it? It did not come with RTM tool...

you dont need it. It's obsolete. Use an animation rig for the tool you use (or create on on your own via the A3 sample skeleton), make the keyframe animation, then export via fbx and import in OB.

• Like 1

Hello guys,

if you got problems with missing bone's when exporting FBX and then import them into objectbuilder, add another small bone in your 3D package to all the end of your models bones (vinger ends etc.) and call these stop or bone end whatever.

Then when you import the fbx all the bone you need for your animation should be there, exept the stop bones.

Hope this will help.

Greetings

B@Co

• Like 1

I know this is probably in the wrong segment but I'm trying to figure out how to use the base tank model from Arma and put it into blender so I can make some changes thanks

If you're talking about the tanks from the Arma 1 or 2 samples that were released a while back, then all you really need to get them into Blender is Alwarren's arma toolbox. As long as a model is in mlod format it can be imported. If you're talking about A3 models I'm assuming there aren't any editable samples for tanks yet.  

If you're talking about the tanks from the Arma 1 or 2 samples that were released a while back, then all you really need to get them into Blender is Alwarren's arma toolbox. As long as a model is in mlod format it can be imported. If you're talking about A3 models I'm assuming there aren't any editable samples for tanks yet.

Thanks for the reply, im wanting to do some modding to the leopard 2, just need a good base model.