sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod V 2.6 Release

ok 4x evolution missions are here, with demo missions showing how to get ambient civs and animals working, a rifle range for the new kit, and a full vehicle and weapon demo mission...

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/@uns_evo_sea_ll_cb_idv.rar

also a full classname list for the mod

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/unsung_classnames.xlsx

now remember - we worked on this stuff for bloomin ages, so play nice with your feedback.

if we get "does this work with ACE?" or "can you change the usmc shoulder patches cos i don't like the red stitching" or "why can't i eat da cow wiv da big hornz? i plaid dayZ for like 3 mumfs now and i rulez" we will permanently blacklist you from all future party invitations...

EDIT: same goes for pedantic, dumb questions about some typo in our readme, or missing item that is listed in the classname directory (which took me a full week of my life to write) - just enjoy it and take it easy with the annoyance factor - THINK before you ASK...

Edited by eggbeast

Realised there is no point to last wip report , so we bypassing it

WOW I just read the class names I am impressed but I know I ask few month back about this but I little unhappy about not having the Australian in the mod but that life so yay

well crack on and make some - we'll include em in 2.7

Just started re-installing ArmA 2 that classname spreadsheet totally swayed me to re-install.

Thanks to eggbeast now i really want to eat the ox, I will have to settle for hitting it with a tank shell.

hey welcome to the forums malek. glad you could swing by to ask us a question about our unreleased mod as your very first ever post here mate. well done.

Hey, I`m playing the Unsung mod about 1 Year when 2.5 become released, but I never need to post something on the BI forums, I swear i follow you about page 13 in this thread. Your mod is the absolutly best mod ever for ArmA 2, thanks for bringing this to life :)

Hi there,

my last post is already some time ago but continue to closely read this thread. Many interesting modifications you have done but unfortunately I could not find the SEALs in the spreadsheet. I was hoping it would still get into the version 2.6. However, my complaining is on a high level.

I look forward to a good new tour in the Jungle!

Thanks for your great mod, i see you in the bush!

lol sorry bud, i'm just waiting in my foxhole here for the barrage of dumb questions...

glad you're enjoying the mod man. the A3b is WIP. it may turn up at some point, but not in 2.6, which is why it's not in the list of classnames.

I made a plan for weaponry for some planes that remain in the spreadsheet but if they're not listed in the aircraft tab then they're not in 2.6.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

SEAL weapons only I'm afraid. however if you are offering your services to make the SEAL's, you can go get in the truck with the australian forces guy, and we'll add a few more sorry souls wanting skywarriors, and tunnels and working titty-bars in a fully-realised saigon city, then ship you all out for a years hard coding to build 2.7. AWESOME!

To everyone reading this -

please can you celebrate the content, not nitpick it or express dismay at something you want us to make that we didn't make... it's VERY soul-destroying to the team to get this feedback, however politely it is offered, ESPECIALLY as you haven't even got the mod yet... we made some new stuff in unsung, (probably) never seen in arma before, so enjoy that before getting off your chest whatever thing you want us to build for your personal gaming enjoyment... hehe. i'm getting my retaliation in early here. cos i fell off my bike... it hurt.

ok who's next?

ok, what's that you wanted for xmas? a south vietnam train set? CRACK!

next?

hello, Jimmy is it? ok little Jimmy, and you're sad because you wanted men populating your aircraft carrier, smoking at the handrails? and vietnam won't be the same without them? well let's see what savva claus has in his sack... ooh a 15,000 volt taser... BZZZZZZZZZZZT ...

next?

*sound of running feet*

Edited by eggbeast

Hi eggbeast,

I´m very sorry that I piss in your way....but read all and not the things you want to read: YOU & THE HOLE UNSUNG TEAM have created the best mod I ever played or will play and I did not insult or speak the mod bad. I am very grateful for your work and knows the many free time you have put into it here appreciate. Please excuse my question about the SEALs ...and I hope we see us in the field! :-)

Be cool, greetings viaSkO!

A2 OA, reinstalled cleanly, waiting for the go :bounce3:

ok 4x evolution missions are here, with demo missions showing how to get ambient civs and animals working, a rifle range for the new kit, and a full vehicle and weapon demo mission...

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/@uns_evo_sea_ll_cb_idv.rar

also a full classname list for the mod

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/unsung_classnames.xlsx

now remember - we worked on this stuff for bloomin ages, so play nice with your feedback.

if we get "does this work with ACE?" or "can you change the usmc shoulder patches cos i don't like the red stitching" or "why can't i eat da cow wiv da big hornz? i plaid dayZ for like 3 mumfs now and i rulez" we will permanently blacklist you from all future party invitations...

EDIT: same goes for pedantic, dumb questions about some typo in our readme, or missing item that is listed in the classname directory (which took me a full week of my life to write) - just enjoy it and take it easy with the annoyance factor - THINK before you ASK...

Hey you mis-spelled SEALS it should be SEELZ

that is me man, on my holidays in the toy store. i like standing inside the packaging looking out... ready to chop up some vc with my little plastic machete

Release time ? Or just some suspence before the beast comes out ?

be sure to patch to 1.63 for best performance

Just did it, and I have to say that despite I was totally contrary to 1.63 patch AII/OA & Steam, it now works perfectly with most part of performance problems solved !!

Can't wait release date !!

make sure you also have ACR or ACR lite installed, as this completes the A2 install base, and is required for unsung

and you need to run CBA_CO. try to run it, and if you have problems running mods using steam, try the -par= method, which works great.

section 9 of my FAQ may help if needed

http://www.battlegroup-xtra.eu/index.php/16-ArmA-2/430-Official-Patches/Page-4.html#3959

Edited by eggbeast