sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod V 2.6 Release

can't wait for 100% done.

How long before it happens?

BTW, what is still not ready? Only the knife thing?

BTW, what is still not ready? Only the knife thing?

Some last minute fixes to the unit models (shadow problems, weighting, textures) one light machine gun and a tunnel complex. I would say they all are 97.8% ready. Except maybe the tunnel, which is a little bit closer to 100%

Other than those I think we are as ready as possible with this man power. Unless there is something to be fixed multiplayer wise I'm not aware of. There's always bound to be this and that broken, especially near the release.

yeah MP is going to have some problems, as always in arma mods. we have done a lot of testing but some stuff still won't show it's face until you have 5+ guys on a server and they trigger the issue. this is the kind of feedback i'll be hoping to see after release and a bit of proper gaming has been done. we will almost certainly need to hotfix the mod for MP eventually. it works fine atm with a few of us on a server, but you never can tell with arma...

Well MP wise my biggest concerns would be about CO beta patch(the Steam-only one) since it is now the "official" MP platform.

yes, kind of. as of 1.63 the only people able to use the in-game server browser are the ones that have Arma 2 installed in Steam. everyone else will have to connect by IP

yes, kind of. as of 1.63 the only people able to use the in-game server browser are the ones that have Arma 2 installed in Steam. everyone else will have to connect by IP

This.

Also (for me at least) 1.63 is showing significant boost in performance compared to 1.62 and changelog says MP has been improved(have to play some public MP and check).

So far (IMHO) one of the best patches for A2 platform (performance wise that is).

yeah just saw yesterday it isn't beta, it's a released patch. finally! will be really great to have the chopped up session rpt's as this was the biggest performance problem facing 2 week long persistent missions.

during development we were getting 3.5GB rpt files (with a lot of unbinarized stuff sneaking through)

it's pretty small now though but my missions are under development and i'm trying to get the ALICE module to stop spamming the rpt. so i'll look at upgrading the test server to 1.63 today.

Hi Guys!

Well, now that you finished the mod, when it will be available? In July or August, or possible even later? :) I can hardly wait!

Thx. :)

It's only 99% complete ;)

Pookie is adding new last minute vehicles which will make the mod that much better. Von Knudenberg is fixing all our units that floating head and shadow bugs that plagued the mod way back in 2.0 These changes are pretty major ones not just the team tinkering with configs etc so we hope you guys can remain patient till we tie it up.

All will be revealed soon ;)

meanwhile we can all try to get 1.63 working lol

Can't wait to put my hands on this mod.

Does anyone know off the top of their head if a Unsung MSO exists?

There was talk about someone doing one just prior to 2.5 release , But like so many times in arma it did not eventuate.

Well, as much as I'm eager to get back in the leech infested swamps and get my ass fed to me via plungie sticks - take your time with this one =)))

There was talk about someone doing one just prior to 2.5 release , But like so many times in arma it did not eventuate.

I did one for private use. I designed it for small player numbers COOP and has only been tested a few times. It is still very raw and only Lowlands and SEA are supported due to the location system. But it works.

Anyway it was made for 2.5. I'm planning on overhauling it once 2.6 is released. If there's an interest, I would share it on request.

It's only 99% complete

Yuppi! :) No problem, I'm waiting the best mod. It is true, the 99% is not equel 100%.

Where can I find a list of the detailed units from 2.6? (names and weapons ex.: A-6 Intruder with Snakeye bombs, etc.) Thx! :)

patching to 1.63 knocked us out for a whole week there

BIS could definitely improve their communications on their wiki/website.

I just played in-game on dedi-box tonight for the first time in 6 days...

will update the test server monday so we can finish the mod next week or soon thereafter.

I have done a classnames list but it's up to sav when we release it.

Will you release Unsung 2.6 patched to A2/OA 1.63 ?

Please don't do that !

Many usuers are still playing with 1.62 and refuse to "convert" to Steam !

well it will work in 1.62, but I think all the public servers we operate will be on 1.63.

CBA ia an added complication as the version that will run with 1.62 is VERY different to the one that runs with 1.63.

Now that doesn't affect the mod much that we can see so far, but it will divide your user base. you will need to host your own 1.62 CBA files.

has to be done bro

gotta be a good thing right?

Well, just take it as a natural progress. Those refusing to embrace new things will always "lag behind".

It's same as game devs improving a game engine for the next title release and thus rising system requirements. Some PCs will not be able to handle the said game any more.

There is a "price" for improvements to be paid. Just deal with it. :)

I would argue that just abandoning your retail customers, or forcing them to use yet another DRM (in the form of Steam) to be able to get the new patch is hardly progress. yes, BIS isn't to blame GameSpy went tits up, but just substituting it with Steam wasn't the answer. a lot of players boycotted Arma 3 because of Steam, and now the game they were perfectly satisfied with is also being pushed to Steam.

this will only divide already split Arma community even more. BIS should've known better. and you shouldn't be defending their bad decisions