sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod V 2.6 Release

sweet man, like the best bit of Ia Drang Valley map

Hey mates,

Love this mod and play it since ofp days , but a question! any chance to convert a little content to Arma 3 in the future ? Im a little bit spoiled since i`ve played Arma3 at the first time. The movement apparatus in Arma2 is defenitly outdated and that is what me at most time interfere. Its not really realistic and a intensiv feeling (its like ofp movement only a little bit smoother). But the new movement engine and light effects from Arma3 would be excellent for a good junglefight atmosphere, i think ;)

Cheers :drinking:

Well,If we gonna move to A3 we gonna do it fully . Not really planning to do dribs and drabs. We have a worn out team that needs a break first :p and most of us haven't tried to mod A3 yet so there's a steep learning curve for all us to overcome. There was even talk in the group skipping A3 all together since our track record with releases taking longer than expected.

There was even talk in the group skipping A3 all together since our track record with releases taking longer than expected.
yeah lol. and we are not alone hehe

I also want to already fly over A Shau Valley :D

Will radios be added back into units? I understand the desire to remove them from a realism standpoint, but the AI just isn't loud enough to actually hear commands when they speak without radios. And its not very realistic to have crew in vehicles or aircraft not be able to hear one another.

"2... get in... that ... vehicle... 3... target... that ... man ... at ... 3 o clock"

it just is not in keeping with the era man, so no you won't be having your immersion spoiled by it.

crew in vehicles can hear each other - if you mean players, as far as i know they can talk in vehiclechat or direct.

i'm guilty of always using teamspeak, though as the mission making develops we may look at ACRE.

if you mean playing with an AI squad and they issue you a command, i'm not sure whether you see a subtitle, as i play with them turned off.

we will test comms as it hasn't been thought of as an issue to date - so thanks for raising it.

but from what i understand of the era, "realism" in nam is people shouting at each other and getting confused, or else passing the word down theline, or SF/ MFR/LRRP guys using handsignals and pre-arranged plans/ positions. certainly they don't have personal radios, or night vision. so if you want to play the mod, get used to stumbling around in the dark blind and radio-deaf.

i certainly know from my past experiences on exercise creeping up to a guy in the dark and whispering "d'you see anyone" and him popping me cos he was part of enemy force lol.

Will radios be added back into units? I understand the desire to remove them from a realism standpoint, but the AI just isn't loud enough to actually hear commands when they speak without radios. And its not very realistic to have crew in vehicles or aircraft not be able to hear one another.

If you are indeed talking about the default radio chatter "Soldier 5' oclock " Etc Radio chatter was removed by me and the reason being exactly what Egg stated.

The other reason was because the east side was speaking in Russian, and there is hundreds of lines of code to take the Russian ones out.

It it adds to the immersion. If you wanting to know the direction of and range of the enemy our DSAI module works very well , so listen for the shouts in Vietnamese ;)

That being said your not the only one whom asked this. If you playing SP open uns_main in there is the coding for it, simply remove those lines and repack the pbo , that will solve your issue. However, the mod might not be compatible with MP servers depending on the server restrictions. So make a backup of the uns_main and drop it back in when you wanna play online.

That being said your not the only one whom asked this. If you playing SP open uns_main in there is the coding for it, simply remove those lines and repack the pbo , that will solve your issue. However, the mod might not be compatible with MP servers depending on the server restrictions. So make a backup of the uns_main and drop it back in when you wanna play online.

Awesome, thanks a bunch!

@eggbeast

Is what VBS?

The videos you posted are not VBS, and it would be safe to assume those screeshots are also not VBS.

Not really sure what you are asking?

I'm just wondering what engine they used for the sims in these vids as they look like well polished versions of what we've been flying in the last year's testbed. quite inspiring too.

edit: aha pete found the producers of the series - these guys, based in LA:

http://www.radical3d.com/dogfights

wonder what engine that is then? sure looks nice eh?

aha pete found the answer - it's lightwave

http://www.awn.com/news/radical-3d-delivers-previs-red-tails-lightwave

Edited by eggbeast

Looking back to the 1st post I look at vid of AN/PRC-25/77 Radio and rember that I have a real one but not working:mad:

IMG_20140611_094719_zps4d6a0cbf.jpg

- See that? You see that?

- What?

- UNSUNG MOD, son. Nothing else in the world looks like that.

:cool:

Yes! Great news! And will be available to ARMA2 and ARMA3?

nah not A3 mate this mod is full arma 2 so you need:

Arma2 + operation arrowhead + PMC, BAF, ACR (lite or full DLC) patched to v1.62

+ CBA version 1.87 - we will pack this with the mod.

(later versions of CBA require arma2 beta and we have NOT tested the mod with beta)

not tested with

ACE

beta

A3 all in arma etc

so let's hope we don't get spammed with a million questions about it lol

the mod is pretty much a standalone game and works well with very small RPT

so we hope you won't all be rushing out to try to add in loads of other mods and then complain when they don't work or you get a real crappy FPS lol

do I sound jaded? we're all a bit tired - hope you LOVE this mod as much as we all do. it's pretty sweet.

there are still some things we would like to do but we can't keep you waiting forever, so maybe there will be a hotfix if something serious comes up when you've all been playing it for a few weeks/months. for now we're gonna enjoy releasing it and letting you all see what's been keeping us up at night for the past year...

Edited by eggbeast

I just hope there will be servers to play on. right now the situation is pretty grim in that respect

yeah gamingdeluxe will host 3-4 public servers at launch, with my different evolutions running, and possibly chris' insurgency on lingor too