sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod V 2.6 Release

here's a sneak peek of the new HUD system for the AH-1G Cobra

@up

Great new textures Unsung never looked better. ;)

Another two questions from me, guys:

I noticed the Unsung Support Module won't reinitalize after respawning in MP. Will this be fixed in 2.6?

I already mentioned I did some MSO templates for Unsung. Furthermore I'm thinking about creating some more coop scenarios. Therefore I have to know: Will a lot of the classnames or factionnames change in 2.6? Because I don't want to replace all the stuff in mission.sqm after the next patch.

this may provide some detail to my answer

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168676-SP-UNSUNG-Vietnam-War-SP-Mission-Pack

1. yes i think so, assuming you mean the radio support module. this works in our MP test server running 2.6 beta

2. if you want to make missions now for use with 2.6 then i strongly suggest you should design the new missions using spawn arrays as described in my post at the link above. you then only need to change 1 file when the new mod is available. the new infantry units using the new kit are different classnames, the older units have been set to scope 1, so they will still work, but we would prefer people didn't use them with all the old models etc.

Thanks for the intel, eggbeast.

I know how to use em but I'm not a big fan of spawn arrays so I guess I'll wait for 2.6 to create that stuff.

And good to know the Radio Support is fixed :D

next mission briefing cutscene...mike force recondo on sf camp tomahawk [mekong delta]...enjoy

More Pictures over at our Mod DB site check it out and please don't forget to rate our mod :) If you wanna give it a higher than 8 score please wait a few days after registering will only allow 8 or under if you try straight away.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/unsung1/images

showmaker you remake campaign The Last Months in Vietnam by WarriorX or I am wrong?

That water buffalo looks awesome. Do you guys have a campaign coming with 2.6 ?

Edited by nettrucker

Wait until you see the buffalo with the minigun mounted on top!

We are now in beta & entering the final weeks ;)

Him a weird cow eh ? :P

Wildebeest ?

dev`s a you make Vietnamese female unit?

At this stage, there are no females coming to 2.6. But definitely to 3.something.

@Andy Mcnab...no sry...this are only cutscenes...atm i must hurry up with mekong delta...no time for mission making but after release 2.6 could be...next thing is...i need a lot of voice actors for a great campaign...

there is one shemale vc soldier though - a flat chested one with make-up on. or is that sav in his party outfit lol...

and i added some vietnamese female civs - basically a couple of russians with viet faces, names and voices. they're a bit of a placeholder and useful mainly as city dwellers like maybe for a mission where a schoolteacher has been taken by the vc to a remote village, etc etc

@Andy Mcnab...no sry...this are only cutscenes...atm i must hurry up with mekong delta...no time for mission making but after release 2.6 could be...next thing is...i need a lot of voice actors for a great campaign...

Count me in for the voice acting when the times come. Cheers

Thanks mate I did as well looking forward to it. Have you guys a skype group channel than please add me. My user name is "alchemyaudiolab". Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, when the addition will be released? I can not wait: D Greetings from Polish :)

very soon mate, a matter of a few weeks