sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod V 2.6 Release

however F-4E had Vulcan built in fuselage. This picture shows Phantom with SUU-23 gun pods

Yep, correct, but not all E's were the same. This is an E. Those are twin SUU23 pods, meaning it has 3x 20mm M61 Vulcan cannons...

Foestus you have the right skin for our generic USAF phantoms - I'm actually gonna change the skin for this variant as it's so special...

The CBU's pictured aren't quite correct but we don't have any mk20 rockeye II models...

keep digging

bingo!

so here's a little more on Chico

http://warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9843

http://www.ozarkairfieldartworks.com/chicothegunfighter.html

i just took her for her maiden flight in her new skin and with cannons configged with correct multipliers... she slaughters stuff... quite possibly more deadly than an A10!

do the math - a total of 18 barrels firing 20mm 100g HEI projectiles, loaded with 3040 rounds (1200, 1200, 640), at 6,000rpm per gun - or 18,000 rpm for all three - that's 300 rounds per SECOND - you can empty the thing in 12 seconds... you would NOT want to get in its way.

here she is on the runway

chico2_zps781b45c0.jpg

firing her triple 6 barrel cannons

chico3_zps931585c4.jpg

chico4_zps2b87413f.jpg

oh boy am i looking forward to taking her hunting NVA vehicles in the Ashau Valley :)

Edited by eggbeast

Look gorgeous!! But where is Puff the Magic Dragon?

we can make one after 2.6

need a model AC-47 - any donors out there?

meanwhile:

OH1 has 1x M134

UH1C has 2x M134

UH1F/P Green Hornet has 4x M134 (more firepower than the spooky!)

Chico the Gunfighter has 3x M61A1/GAU4 20mm (way more firepower than the spooky!)

Edited by eggbeast

need a model AC-47 - any donors out there?

Unfortunately, I do not know any freeware AC47 for FSX/FS2004 to obtain. I do know only repaint of AC-119 Boxcar for Mike Stone's C-119. I saw once AC47 repaint for default C47 of CFS2 game but cannot be converted as it is Microsoft's property.

Edited by NightIntruder

Will the supersonic F-5 Tiger, F-111 aardvark be included in the new version?

No sorry.

i'm sure arma 1 had a civ dakota... is the mlod available? if so pook could probably chop the windows out and fit some m134's

i might add some chrome bumpers and trim and a jimi hendrix waistcoat on the back of the pilot seat and we'll be away

The only Dakota available for ArmA was DLC's Queen's Gamblit example in civy colors but I don't think was ever released.

A SAAF version was repainted by ObmaR for BWC Mod but again the Mlod was unofficial, for this reason was never released to public.

Try with I44, they might have a C-47 in their inventory.

I've got a DC3 model don't worry. Just never came up before now and besides I'm too busy adding miniguns to everything :) Obviously this late in game it won't make it into v2.6 so we will need to push this to v.3.

Edit to add... don't have any texture for it however. I have absolutely no textures for it... just the mesh.

Edited by hcpookie

just took out Chico for a night op - 112 kills and no deaths.

strafing with the cannons

chico_night1_zpsbc2f8211.jpg

clusterbombs away

chiconight2_zpsd9f9e1e6.jpg

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod V 2.6 Release in april or THD?

Um When It Is Ready ;)

what does THD mean? The Holy Day? Team's Having Dinner? Ten Hot Danes? Tremendous Holiday Destination? or maybe Taking Heavy Downers... in which case, yeah, we're doin that.

we have some stuff to finish up - all the main mod is done, just the bells and whistles to polish.

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod V 2.6 Release in april or THD?

Sadly no.

Some of our key team members have burnt out and opted for some time out which is fair enough they been bustin their butts for months on this project. There has been a lot of key projects dropped which I am hoping to have picked up again. However, we have slimmed the to-do list down and moved a lot of projects to our Arma #3 release.

So it seems 2.6 will be pushed back further until we can get the key parts implemented or we can get external help from new reliable experienced scripters. Time will tell....

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

right now, we're waiting on three new islands, some weapon, house and vehicle models and some groups from very busy with real life team members. once they're delivered we can push on to release. I'm now resting up til that stuff is delivered.

Hi SGT_SAVAGE,

Only the A-6 Intruder share it, the rest can wait! :) It was just a joke. We are waiting the new release!

ok SEA map is ready Evolution co-op 22 players 6th SFG - REQUIRES 2.6 so wait for release!

this time fighting is concentrated around SF camp oscar, with an uprising in the southern fishing villages, around the PBR base, then moving west towards the airbase. once that is quashed, the action moves north along heavily trapped trails towards Canh Trap and two large battles around the impenetrable jungles of Charlie Ridge, then the enemy must be pursued further west to Lam Lu...

the normal complement of CSAR, strike, hold, destroy, rescue and assassination side missions cover the more remote locations across the whole map

USAF maintains significant air assets at the heavily fortified SW airbase, with additional firepower provided by the USN based on the USS Coral Sea off the west coast towards Thailand.

Mobile armor is provided by 6th Mechanized Infantry operating out of the airbase.

Additional fortifications have been placed around Oscar, including the new Mk18 grenade launcher, spotlights, 30 and 50cal machine guns, mortars, wire, mines and claymores, to enable the locally based SOG team to hold onto it's home as recon VC units have been seen scouting the area...

Edited by eggbeast

approaching the LZ at dawn

morning-1_zps47c038f4.jpg

searching the delta

boatpatrol-1_zps69e08023.jpg

playing with captured charlie wagon

sparka-1_zps1c6a619d.jpg

camp oscar security detail

SEA1_zps1e55a007.jpg

SF in captured TO55 engaging enemy SAM site

to55-2_zpsdb516c5e.jpg

to55-1_zps47c4b685.jpg

That flametrower looks like fun, looking amzing guys ,keep it up and waiting for a release:bounce3: