sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod V 2.6 Release

GITS Flipped and Eggbeast (3rd Force Recon Co USMC) receive support from a M48 Patton driven by GITS Bill (2nd Mechanized Infantry) on Hill Bravo, Cao Bang, 1968. The objective, a VC OP was taken shortly after, with significant support from 2MI's Patton firing a mixture of Canister, WP, and APERS-T rounds at the strong VC infantry formations.

combat-2_zpse4ca0fd1.jpg

All elements were lost to air attack by NVA Migs later that same day.

stopping the flow of weapons from the North... units of the Mobile Riverine Force intercept a suspicious sampan during dawn river traffic patrols, SW Cao Bang, 1968.

water-1_zps2e3b366a.jpg

close air support - pilots of 1st Air Cav Assault Brigade supporting 25th ID on Hill Charlie, Cao Bang in the early hours, June 1968

The AH1G is firing its wing mounted 20mm minigun at a distant VC sampan landing supplies to reinforce the battle.

snake-1_zps1308b42b.jpg

Edited by eggbeast

Boats what boats? Egg beat me to the punch. Opfor may have a few new surprises both on the water and off. But we aren't telling!!! :cool:

FYI I am moving to Colorado Springs starting Monday. As a result my main computer will be in a box for the next few weeks and I'll be working from my laptop. I've dumped a bunch of work on the rest of the team so that should keep them busy for the next few weeks until I get my main system plugged back in :)

recon team hits the beach 4am cao bang

boat2-1_zps45ece921.jpg

proceeding to target - got a lot of knife kills in this period

stealth-1_zpsdedcd7ad.jpg

twin seat wild weasel attack on NVA armour at first light - the WSO guides his HOBOS munition onto target using TV system, after a local recon friendly had lit it up with a smoke round and bugged out

f105-1_zps10b8833d.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

zapping enemy boats with uh1p

boatpat1_zpsfdc3b7f8.jpg

Edited by eggbeast

One last request from me............Titty bars.

I now live in Thailand and it's not complete without the titty/pole dancing titty bars.

Your mod needs titty bars for R&R for my AI buddies and myself.

Fighting in the jungles is.......exhausting work.

Does anyone know of any unsung units or communities. I want to do unsung with more than just me!!!!!!

Does anyone know of any unsung units or communities. I want to do unsung with more than just me!!!!!!

you can add me on steam, we're not playing unsung 2.5 at the moment but when 2.6 is out we can hook up.

we also play on takistan regularly.

Edited by eggbeast

Hi all we are looking for another American Voice Actor for our radio system. Kommiekat has already lent us his voice but we need a different tone voice to finish it off and add to what we have already. There's about 6 sentences to act out

So if you can help out Please PM me

Sav

Hi everyone! Just thought I would share some Screenies from our recent testing :cool: :

2ngal2s.jpg

A4C engaging local VC guerillas with the 20mm

2agnind.jpg

MF Recon engaging tank crew with the XM-148 Grenade Launcher.

More screenshots coming soon! ;)

thought you'd gone quiet - am on ts as well

will delete some posts

anyway - rifle bash script developed and tested with willing volunteers - my work here is done...lol

chickenclub-1_zps73794d6a.jpg

Whoa eggbeast, that SAM sure got in close! Been doing that quite a bit with a Wild Weasel Thud, before coming back around and blowing the site away with Shrikes! It's a very good way to relieve the pre-exams stress. Yes, I should be studying but couldn't help getting in-game for some jungle time, or SAM city for that matter hehe.

Eagerly awaiting the end of the exams so that I can get to mission making for the mod!

woohooo only just got the news that 2.6 is coming soon. i was wondering if any new islands would be installed into the mod or bring some back from older versions such as khe sanh. also if possible could someone direct me to a website for heaps of vietnam war missions (using the unsung mod) would be much appreciated.

thanks

i'll be releasing these missions for co-op plus there are others about - some of the community are working on stuff already

Evolution for 22 players:

Lowlands

SEA

Cao Bang

Phu Bai (new map by Showmaker)

plus some suitable non unsung maps

Tigeria

Lingor

phu bai is a lovely new map

pb10-1_zps90840357.jpg

pb8-1_zpsbd24b692.jpg

nimitz_pb2_zps0ff63248.jpg

pb2-1_zpsc4d80614.jpg

PBevo-1_zps15950215.jpg

shark2_zpsaba67a52.jpg

Hi, i'm a beginner in modding, i try to create my first tiny map like vietnam .

I have read many tutorials but what tools are you use to create heightmap? L3DT ?

Thx for your work !

Hi, i'm a beginner in modding, i try to create my first tiny map like vietnam .

I have read many tutorials but what tools are you use to create heightmap? L3DT ?

Thx for your work !

Best to talk with Showmaker he is our island man :)

Thank you, how can I contact him ?

You could try and send him a PM here on the forum.

cheers

hey guys just wondering will this mod be released in January