Sign in to follow this  
Tonci87

Amazon giving away Tom Clancy´s Rainbow Six: Vegas

I don't see it for free on the regular Amazon. Would've grabbed it though just for the hell of it had it been.

I don't see it for free on the regular Amazon. Would've grabbed it though just for the hell of it had it been.

"Preis: EUR 0,00"

Might only be free for Europeans or you are perhaps logged in to Amazon and it is redirecting you or something?

You have to fill in some German ID stuff to actually get it, i dont see it on the UK one. (amazon.nl redirects to amazon.co.uk)

You have to fill in some German ID stuff to actually get it, i dont see it on the UK one. (amazon.nl redirects to amazon.co.uk)

That ID Stuff is Age verification. It should work with all new EU IDs (at least it worked with my Croatian one)

"Preis: EUR 0,00"

Might only be free for Europeans or you are perhaps logged in to Amazon and it is redirecting you or something?

Tonci said that he wasn't sure if it was the same on amazon.com or not so I was just confirming that I couldn't find it there. I did find out recently that if you use http://smile.amazon.com/ instead of amazon.com, amazon will donate some money to one of the charities that they have on their site. You can choose one.

That ID Stuff is Age verification. It should work with all new EU IDs (at least it worked with my Croatian one)

TonÄi, how did you do it with your Croatian ID card?

It doesn't seem to have enough space to put date of birth and date of expiry in their respective fields.

EDIT:

I don't have new EU Croatian ID card, that's the problem. :o Thanks for the tip anyway.

Edited by Kernriver

So, I finished the game and this is my little review:

Jesus Christ WTF have they done to Rainbow Six?

The game is a decent (decent, not good) shooter with a few tactical elemnts in it. Those tactical elements are: Telling your two guys to go to a cover position. Choosing out of three different ways to burst into a room (Stealthy is not one of them).

The Leveldesign is ok.

The Gameplay mainly consists of clearing rooms. That isn´t a bad thing, BUT:

It doesn´t seem to be of any importance if you use silenced weapons to do so. Many times as soon as you begin fighting into a room scripted reinforcements will show up and ruin your stealthy ambitions. Later in the game I completely gave up on silenced weapons and went with a nice Shotgun+Assualt rifle combination. Enemy´s in the next room won´t be alarmed by minutes of gunfire and grenade explosions leaving them quite vulnerable to your assault. Enemy AI is borderline stupid, they walk into lines of fire even if already a dozen of their comrades have been shot there. The game soon becomes a repetitive assault the next room and kill every living thing in it series. Gameplay mechanics such as a coversystem and blindfire further show that this game is as far away from the original series as it can be. Your bullets always come out from the center of the screen, even if you are in third person (WTF?!).

The Story is uninspired and fast forgotten, just like the characters.

There are AXE Advertisements everywhere (Seriously WTF!?)

And to top it all it ends with a "To be continued" Message.

It took me less than a day to complete this game.

Conclusion: Man am I glad that I didn´t pay for this.

I think I might have to reinstall Raven shield to clean my soul from this game.

BTW: Does anybody know some good Mods for Raven Shield?

Have a look here Raven shield 2.0 big overhaul. Also here not overly active by the looks but I see some good stuff.

So I installed Raven Shield+Athena Sword+Iron Wrath+Raven Shield 2.0 and it´s a blast.

I only got a few problems:

My AI is always on assault, they even shoot Surrendering terrorists.

The Uniform and Weapons in the Gear Screen are always white

Jesus Christ WTF have they done to Rainbow Six?

The game is a decent (decent, not good) shooter with a few tactical elemnts in it. Those tactical elements are: Telling your two guys to go to a cover position. Choosing out of three different ways to burst into a room (Stealthy is not one of them).

The Leveldesign is ok.

The Gameplay mainly consists of clearing rooms. That isn´t a bad thing, BUT:

It doesn´t seem to be of any importance if you use silenced weapons to do so. Many times as soon as you begin fighting into a room scripted reinforcements will show up and ruin your stealthy ambitions. Later in the game I completely gave up on silenced weapons and went with a nice Shotgun+Assualt rifle combination. Enemy´s in the next room won´t be alarmed by minutes of gunfire and grenade explosions leaving them quite vulnerable to your assault. Enemy AI is borderline stupid, they walk into lines of fire even if already a dozen of their comrades have been shot there. The game soon becomes a repetitive assault the next room and kill every living thing in it series. Gameplay mechanics such as a coversystem and blindfire further show that this game is as far away from the original series as it can be. Your bullets always come out from the center of the screen, even if you are in third person (WTF?!).

The Story is uninspired and fast forgotten, just like the characters.

There are AXE Advertisements everywhere (Seriously WTF!?)

And to top it all it ends with a "To be continued" Message.

It took me less than a day to complete this game.

Conclusion: Man am I glad that I didn´t pay for this.

I think I might have to reinstall Raven shield to clean my soul from this game.

Its been out for 7 years and you just figured out that the Rainbow 6 series is dead? Last good game was Raven Shield.

Look into Ground Branch, which is on UE4 and going to have a Kickstarter in January. More along the lines of Ghost Recon, but it is the closest you will get to an R6/GR sequel.