Sign in to follow this  
amx225

Best Vietnam War FPS?

Bad Company 2: Vietnam is pretty good.

Not at all realistic and the maps are small, but it's lot's of fun.

Just like the older Vietnam you can play music in the choppers.

Tanks and Choppers in BC2 are actually a lot better then BF3 and BF4.

Not many Vietnam War games out there. I played Vietcong for PC years ago. I played it coop with buddies and it was fun for a while.

Vietcong hands down.

The Unsung mod for ArmA2 is second.

Everything else isn't in the same universe imo.

Vietcong and VC:Purple Haze had the right feeling to it. Vietcong II was already too much like a standard clone shooter.

Vietnam is a niche. I remember there was Battlefield: Vietnam, but I haven't played.

I remember there was Battlefield: Vietnam, but I haven't played.

Yeah- it was pretty good fun.

Vietcong 1 was quite good ...

Vietcong 1.

I was playing it the other day enjoying it.

Vietcong 1 and its expansion, nothing comes close as far as Im concerned. Reminds shall reinstall and play campaign again for the 50th time :)

Vietcong 1 is the best IMHO. Vietcong 2 never reached the level of it's predecessor. Battlefield Vietnam started to play a long time ago but never finished it.

Yup Vietcong due to:

1. The soundtrack

2. The PPsh

3. Nut's mustache

Vietcong - Played it through at least 20 times and will no doubt play through it again at some point.

10 years old and still one of the best FPS I have ever played.

Vietcong 1 (and the excelent expansion) definitely, one of the best FPS games ever for me.

Vietcong 1 SP campaign had very detailed environments,the campaign had good briefings about each mission,the audio and sounds were realistic,also very tough to spot enemy AI hiding in foilage(tall grass & trees) and mission maps never showed enemy movements.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Men of Valor also a FPS had detailed environments, jungles,beaches,urban areas and urban warfare with historic timeline and locations it had a good SP campaign.

Edited by Amx225

Vietcong was the best I have played. It was highly immersive, had some unique gameplay features and the way camouflage really worked in the game was outstanding.

Regards,

Sander

I played witha noname, Polish vietnam FPS once. It was bad, but your mate was Walter Sobcheck from Big Lebowsky. I laugh a lot about this. Probably the pole developers shit on copyrights. :)

Anyway Vietcong 1 was great as you said and Vietcong 2 was not the same quality, but it was not so bad as many other Nam FPS.

Edited by bardosy

Anyway Vietcong 1 was great as you said and Vietcong 2 was not the same quality, but it was not so bad as many other Nam FPS.

The main disappointment about Vietcong 2 imo was the beginning of the game in the city which looked really bad and the Ai didn't really work there. Once it moved back to the jungle it was a lot better but still not as good as Vietcong 1.

So you guys are really making me want to play vietcong (I have to admit that I didn´t play it yet)

Yeah I remember switching constantly between Vietcong and OFP Vietnam war mod. Seb Nam Pack by Ebud and some other guys SEB ladrang. Those were the times Sometimes I grew frustrating with Vietcong being used to have the complete freedom of OFP especially the invisible walls and here you can't go and there you can't go either. I remember constantly switching between both games. LOL

So you guys are really making me want to play vietcong (I have to admit that I didn´t play it yet)

Seriously, you won't regret it.

In the sea of bullshit that's out there now, it's a real gem.

Seriously, you won't regret it.

In the sea of bullshit that's out there now, it's a real gem.

Vietcong is one of the best game experiences i have ever had, but when i played it again some years back it was never the same.