Sign in to follow this  
kominikx

Survive - Radio Silence - AI

I don't see why people complain about high chance of "task failed",

battle never follows your plan in real life.

Isn't that the theme of this campaign? Even the quotes before mission hinted this.

Huh? Weird... Yeah the mortars are not so accurate but I had no problem completing that task even had 4 shots spare that I used

To clear the enemies attacking the base

Huh? Weird... Yeah the mortars are not so accurate but I had no problem completing that task even had 4 shots spare that I used

To clear the enemies attacking the base

When did you do that, there have been a couple of patches since this thread was created. :p

Hello everyone,

sorry for digging up this old thread, but I'm stuck in this mission - even though I have no problems with the mortar attack.

Things get rough right afterwards.

I have to defend the crews of the two enemy vehicles at the end of the mission all by myself, since my teammates will allways stay right on top of the road and get killed within seconds, without taking out a single enemy unit. I tried a few different approaches, starting from a savegame right after clearing mk 26:

- I returned to mk 26 to fight them from there, but the team on the base wouldn't help either and every enemy seems to be a veteran sniper -> KIA

- I flanked the enemy to get behind their vehicles and started my attack from there. I guess it would have worked if my team was still alive to draw attention to their position, but: KIA.

- I tried the bCombat mod to achieve a better AI behaviour and get rid of those super-elite-headshot-machine enemy skills. Even switched difficulty to regular and later easy, but no success.

Is there anything else I can do? How did you approach the final task of the mission?

Right now the only option seems to start the whole mission over, grab a gun with a grenade launcher and hope that one time at least one lucky teammate will stay alive?!

Thank you for any suggestions,

Painter

Hello everyone,

sorry for digging up this old thread, but I'm stuck in this mission - even though I have no problems with the mortar attack.

Things get rough right afterwards.

I have to defend the crews of the two enemy vehicles at the end of the mission all by myself, since my teammates will allways stay right on top of the road and get killed within seconds, without taking out a single enemy unit. I tried a few different approaches, starting from a savegame right after clearing mk 26:

- I returned to mk 26 to fight them from there, but the team on the base wouldn't help either and every enemy seems to be a veteran sniper -> KIA

- I flanked the enemy to get behind their vehicles and started my attack from there. I guess it would have worked if my team was still alive to draw attention to their position, but: KIA.

- I tried the bCombat mod to achieve a better AI behaviour and get rid of those super-elite-headshot-machine enemy skills. Even switched difficulty to regular and later easy, but no success.

Is there anything else I can do? How did you approach the final task of the mission?

Right now the only option seems to start the whole mission over, grab a gun with a grenade launcher and hope that one time at least one lucky teammate will stay alive?!

Thank you for any suggestions,

Painter

i used the machine gun with MRCO as a supression weapon on the top near the tower while my teammates approach them. Dont listen the team leader, most of the time they dont have xp enough to know how to battle.

Thank you 5-7,

I tried your tactic and it worked better, only downside was that nobody dropped a MRCO.

In the end I had to start the whole mission over since things got weirder every time. After the restart, the entire operation went totally different and I made it on veteran on the first try.

I'm a bit confused about the number of major bugs I am experiencing on the most recent version of ARMA (on steam). I am not able to complete crossing paths for example:

After clearing the houses, when maxwell gets bombed, my squad leader starts running towards the camp. So I do. And I run, and run, and run, until it says "Mission failed - missing". Judging by videos on youtube the mission should be successfully completed by this time, instead of failing. Same thing happens when I stay @ LZ Connor and keep my head down.

So no further campaign for me!? Seems like I have to give DUWS or Whole Lotta Altis a shot. Any recommendations?

Best regards,

Painter

Thank you 5-7,

I tried your tactic and it worked better, only downside was that nobody dropped a MRCO.

In the end I had to start the whole mission over since things got weirder every time. After the restart, the entire operation went totally different and I made it on veteran on the first try.

I'm a bit confused about the number of major bugs I am experiencing on the most recent version of ARMA (on steam). I am not able to complete crossing paths for example:

After clearing the houses, when maxwell gets bombed, my squad leader starts running towards the camp. So I do. And I run, and run, and run, until it says "Mission failed - missing". Judging by videos on youtube the mission should be successfully completed by this time, instead of failing. Same thing happens when I stay @ LZ Connor and keep my head down.

So no further campaign for me!? Seems like I have to give DUWS or Whole Lotta Altis a shot. Any recommendations?

Best regards,

Painter

Try to see if there are remaining hostile on the area, maybe your team suffered major casualties resulting in a failed mission. Look in the final resume board if theres any cross mark.