iLLcAtTiViSsiMo

Unresponsive Windows After Closing Arma 3

Only Arma 3 does this. I exit the game. All seems well but then all of a sudden I can't click on my task bar and any open windows don't respond to my clicks.

I have to CNTL-ALT-DEL and after about 5-10 seconfs all is well. Wtf?

Any one come across this yet? I'm running windows 7 64-bit

Some notes:

-tried verify game cache from steam

-I no longer see the cloud sync progress upon exit

-I do a LOT of graphics tweaking while in game

-had a strange one time occurance where the keyboard was inop and ok after a system reboot.

-had a mod called dead nation that launched out of game with it's own launcher. It had similar funky qualities and just made my rig act wierd at times. Needless to say, I ended up scrapping it. Maybe it messed up some Arma game files that I'm not knowledgable enough to notice?

I'm ready to try a fresh install but want to wait and see if there are some answers first. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by iLLcAtTiViSsiMo

I would check your processes, and perhaps arma3.exe is running in the background and your computer still thinks you're in game.

So it's possible the game is not closing down properly? I can ALT-TAB out of the game and back ok. Maybe I will try ALT-TAB after closing the game to see if you are right.

A

Im talking pressing Cntrl+Alt+Del and go to the task manager, and go to the processes tab, and look for Arma3.exe, if it is there, end the process.

This happens all the time at my end as well,just with Arma.

As you,I have to open Task Manager,but I just click on the Cancel button,just so I can get my mouse working again.In Task Manager,Arma has been closed.

Basically my mouse clicks don't respond until I do this every time I close Arma,weird.

Mick. :)

Im talking pressing Cntrl+Alt+Del and go to the task manager, and go to the processes tab, and look for Arma3.exe, if it is there, end the process.

The thing is pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL fixes the problem and it may be too late by then to find the issue. I know what you meant.

Used -maxMem=4096 launch parameter and I don't have the issue anymore. =) @antoineflemming You're question alone was very helpful and allowed me to resolve this. Thanks! I'll report back if it ever happens again. Btw, the game runs much better as well and my hardware fans don't seem to be at full blast anymore!

Windows 7 64-bit

i7-3820 @ 3.6 GHz

8 gigs ram

gtx 660 ti

The thing is pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL fixes the problem and it may be too late by then to find the issue. I know what you meant.

Make sure your cores are not unparked.

The problem still persists. I was wrong unfortunately. My cores ARE unparked but so are my girlfriend's on her laptop and my brother's on his PC and they are not having the issue. I think I'm gonna try a fresh install (sigh) and see what happens.

Current tweaks:

-nologs, GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1, core parking disabled (i7 quad)

Same problem here. Didn't find a solution except hitting ctrl + alt + del.

My brother doesn't have any of this problems but he is still on Windows 7. (me on win8)

Ok so I performed a fresh install and the problem still persists, but only under these conditions:

1) constant graphics tweaking while in game (especially when changing heavy hitting settings like draw distance or AA multiple times in one session)

2) long game sessions with max graphics settings (particularly MP sessions)

I can definitely conclude it doesn't seem to happen if I just launch the game and DON'T mess with graphics settings and keep them in the "high" range.

I'm really starting to think this may be an nVidia driver issue with my 660ti. Is everyone who stated they had the same issue running the latest nVidia driver? Maybe I should roll back the driver and recheck.

AMD driver for me buddy,still got to do the dance to get my mouse workie every time I close the game.

AMD driver for me buddy,still got to do the dance to get my mouse workie every time I close the game.

Crap. Was hoping no one would say that lol. Thanks for the info, though.

Its 2015 and i still have the same problem.

After playing the game i need to press ctrl alt del and click once and my windows is responding/working again.

Still no fix for it?

System:

GTX690

SSD

16GB Memory

Win7 64Bit

Do you use a Symantec antivirus?

Norton is a virus, not an antivirus. :rofl:

:404:

Norton is a virus, not an antivirus. :rofl:

:404:

It is, indeed. I had simlar issues with in workplace - where it would not allow application to terminate, resulting in hang processes.

If OP uses same antivirus, that might explain it.

It’s 2021 and this problem still persists it didn’t do this at first but when I started playing antistasi it did but didn’t do it on my older pc

i7-2700

16gb ram

1660 6gb

its almost 2023 and still having this issue, i dont think its a hardware problem unless we just have too much of it. Something it doesn't like, maybe alt-tabbing (big one for admins) but even sometimes just going into a server and backing out of the game its hung. I can ctrl-alt-del but have to TAB through it to do anything and even after killing every process, still hung up. Sometimes, after deleting a process it might work but its never the same app, it could be edge, chrome, OBS, steam, anything, but it wont be that next time or nothing at all. Arma.exe deleted. reinstalled arma 3, verified files, i dont know. I've worked in IT for over 20 years and I've done damn near everything i could think of that doesn't require restarting the pc, since that would take down my server too. even for the programs i dont always have them open and it still does it. Everything works except clicking, it will act like i'm clicking on an invisible window and defocus whatever window i'm trying to click into, but I can still alt-tab to each windows and tab through buttons and stuff with the keyboard and navigate that way, but nothing i do brings back the clicking. It's almost like theres still an overlay lingering.