Sign in to follow this  
eliott

buldozer cannot load texture

Hi everyone it's my first thread here (If you're fed up to read my life follow this banana -> :yay: ), I'm a former mapper on cod4 and now i play arma 2 and I've decided to start create terrain and probably start developement!

I have follow all the installation write on the BIS wiki, I 've meet no problem except i haven't get an armawork folder in my document, what I've do it's I copy past the one from BIS TOOL 2 where visitor and all the apps are installed ... I don't not know if it's the cause. (here we go :yay: ) so i've follow the same tutorial on BIS wiki about visitor 3, get no problems and when I use the buldozer, it show me my map but it come with an error message about the texure and the ground is wite (logically because ther is no textures :P) and arma 2 OA stop to work ...

Thank you to read this :)

---------- Post added at 09:33 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

there is apicture to help you :D

vbud.png[/img]

Hi

Eiott

My advice would be to start over and get things set up properly. When you run the bis tool set 2.5.1 it will create arma work folder for you and then it maps that folder as a p:\ drive. The p drive is essential so you need to get the set up correct before continuing with your terrain

Once the p drive is set up you'll want to download mikeros arma2p program which unpacks all the game assets and properly orders them inside the p drive.

After that I'd suggest reading bushlurkers guide to micro terrains. It explains everything you'll need to know

2.5.1 toolset

http://downloads.bistudio.com/Tools/BI_Editing_Tools_2_5_1.zip

Arma2p

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

I have reinstalled with what you say but I have a question, what your armawork foler in my documents contains ? please

My armawork folder contains buldozer and arma p3d viewer ...

Yes sounds about right. And a partial ca folder. That's why you need to run arma2p which will populate ur ca folder with all the extracted pbos. Also it is where you will place your project folders once you begin them.

And to answer your other deleted response....cyborg :)

WOW cyborg :D

---------- Post added at 10:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

But it's the same armawork folder than in O:/BIS TOOL2/ArmaWork please?