clawhammer

New BIS_fnc_infoText?

Hello together,

how can i use the new BIS_fnc_infoText used in the brand new arma 3 campagin?

Here is my the old A2 Script i used, how to modfy so it looks like in the A3 Surve Episode?

if (time < 10) then
{
titleCut ["", "BLACK FADED", 999];
sleep 3;
[] Spawn {
	waitUntil{!(isNil "BIS_fnc_init")};

// Info text
	[("... Loading Mission")] spawn BIS_fnc_infoText;

playMusic "ASOTheme";

sleep 8;

[("Operation Hammer") , str(date select 2) + "." + str(date select 1) + "." + str(date select 0), ("GB64 Malden")] spawn BIS_fnc_infoText;

sleep 8;

titleCut ["", "BLACK IN", 4]

};
};

Thanks for help!

Update: I mean this:

e5ueplga.jpg

Edited by Clawhammer

Can anyone explain the difference bewteen BIS_fnc_infoText and BIS_fnc_dynamicText?

Here's an example of dynamicText:

http://i.imgur.com/wH9Fyq4.png (3921 kB)

Looks very similar to the screenshot the OP posted (infoText).

Edit: In responce to the OP, you can achieve what you want using (as used in the above screenshot):

_duration = 5;
_fadeInTime = 2;

_introText = format["%1","<t font='PuristaBold' align='right'>JOINT HEADQUARTERS<br />ALTIS</t>"];
[_introText,0.6,1,_duration,_fadeInTime,0,5] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText;

Edited by GDSN

Can anyone explain the difference bewteen BIS_fnc_infoText and BIS_fnc_dynamicText?

dynamicText is the base method used for displaying simple text. BIS_fnc_InfoText was a function from Arma 2 OA that used dynamicText to display text in a stylized fashion. Same for the function I linked to, called showOSD, that 'types' the text onto the screen and also automatically displays the time, date and location information.

Thank you very much :) It works!

No problem :)

dynamicText is the base method used for displaying simple text. BIS_fnc_InfoText was a function from Arma 2 OA that used dynamicText to display text in a stylized fashion. Same for the function I linked to, called showOSD, that 'types' the text onto the screen and also automatically displays the time, date and location information.

Ah, thanks for the info.