Sign in to follow this  
Airwolf

Announcing the airwolf mod

Ive never seen or heard of this show, but from Denoir's description it sounds a lot like Knight Rider with a helo instead of a talking car (lol)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Aug. 28 2002,07:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ive never seen or heard of this show, but from Denoir's description it sounds a lot like Knight Rider with a helo instead of a talking car (lol)<span id='postcolor'>

pretty much. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Ive never seen or heard of this show, but from Denoir's description it sounds a lot like Knight Rider with a helo instead of a talking car (lol)

<span id='postcolor'>

Oh - my - god!

There's a pretty big gap in your knowledge! wink.gif

At least, do you know Streethawk?

Airwolfs evil twins will be made, both helicopters, Redwolf and HX-1 will be made and incorporated as single player missions, visit our website for more info on the vehicals we will have. We are constantly adding more.

Just one question:

Will the machine guns and the rocket launcher be retractable, too?

I mean, the scud missile can only be launched in upright position -and you can control that from inside the truck.

How's that done? I know, blackbaron is working on a dodge with movable top and liftable windows. Can somebody explain the technology behind this effects?

Didn't airwolf have some assisting jets which increased its top speed? I seem to remember it taking on fixed-wing aircraft. Will this be modeled?

Those jets are reffered to as 'Turbos'. Hope they put them in, Cover the island in less than 1 min biggrin.gif

Yeah i really hope they can put them in . . . . .

smile.gif I love this mod already

Dobra robota Airwolf. Wiedziałem że wkońcu dostaniesz Oxygena i ukażesz się na scenie OFP. Przecież to by było nie normalne gdyby człowiek który stworzył tak zaskakujący model Airwolfa w 3ds nie dostał O2 wink.gif .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TYsiEK @ Aug. 28 2002,18:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dobra robota Airwolf. Wiedziałem że wkońcu dostaniesz Oxygena i ukażesz się na scenie OFP. Przecież to by było nie normalne gdyby człowiek który stworzył tak zaskakujący model Airwolfa w 3ds nie dostał O2 wink.gif .<span id='postcolor'>

Yes i believe the star of the AirWolf series did have a few problems with his doodle once, it lasted 3 days apparantly biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gif

could someone translate that into english for me?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TYsiEK @ Aug. 28 2002,19:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dobra robota Airwolf. Wiedziałem że wkońcu dostaniesz Oxygena i ukażesz się na scenie OFP. Przecież to by było nie normalne gdyby człowiek który stworzył tak zaskakujący model Airwolfa w 3ds nie dostał O2 wink.gif .<span id='postcolor'>

Isn't there like...a seperate czech board for that? wow.gif

Or isn't that czech at all? confused.gif Please enlighten me

and if someone could translate, I'd be happy to listen! smile.gif

Hey Airwolf, I just had a thought. Are you guys gonna be able to simulate popping a sunburst? Maybe with a flare or something?

no actually that was in Polish, but i dont have time to translate, im going to go see XXX (the movie) in a few minutes. smile.gif

To clear out some things...

About Airwolf's "Evil twin" - yes, like Paul said we have _plans_ to create Redwolf and HX-1 addons as well, but it's not a priority now.

ADF and Guns animation - unfortunatelly it's not possible to create realistic and correctly working animations for weapons, so there will be no animations (maybe it will be possible to add them in the later versions of engine)

Turbos - it's even harder to create a "turbo" effect in the OFP sad.gif in fact - it's impossible.

Sunburst - as above, we tought about them, I've tried to add them, but it seems that it would be hardly possible and they would be nearly unusable (only for lighting up a terrain at night) so I've decided to not add them. But maybe it will be possible to add them through some script - we will see.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (der bastler @ Aug. 28 2002,09:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

<span id='postcolor'>

Oh - my - god!

At least, do you know Streethawk?<span id='postcolor'>

never heard of neather airwolf, streethawk or Knight Rider ( im not keen on 80's shows)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (302_GySgt.Casey @ Sep. 01 2002,06:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (der bastler @ Aug. 28 2002,09:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

<span id='postcolor'>

Oh - my - god!

At least, do you know Streethawk?<span id='postcolor'>

never heard of neather airwolf, streethawk or Knight Rider ( im not keen on 80's shows)<span id='postcolor'>

You must have seen The A-Team???

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ludovico Technique @ Aug. 27 2002,09:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bear in mind Airwolf has to be supersonic and indestructable to machinegunfire. However it is lightly armed (3 copperhead missiles and chainguns) and a hit from any SAM or AA cannon should nail it. No way it's as tough as an Apache.

The main feature that most people forget about Airwolf is it is designed to appear to be a civilian helicopter, hence the logo of the wolf in sheep's clothing. It is not an out and out gunship.<span id='postcolor'>

It isn't indestructable to machine gun fire. Certainly the glass and hull is bullet proof, but it is mentioned in the series that a stray round to the engine or exhaust ports will bring her down.

Thus, in OFP machine gun damage we can all just imagine to be hits to the engine ports...

*Gasps at the mere thought of the Lady being brought down*

My mouth waters at the thought of this mod smile.gif

I remember watching the show which I liked, and.....urg... playing the NES game which I didn't sad.gif

Combat Arms (a weapons mag) ran a story on AIRWOLF along time a go, I'll see If I can find the issue.

Could a weapon turret sight like the HIND be set up for the gunner who sits in the back? Borgnine was always in the back and could give control of weapons to hawk or fire them himself.

I wonder if gustav missles could be fired from a chopper, that way it might make ammo storage a little more realistic.

Frizbee: you mentioned "It isn't indestructable to machine gun fire. Certainly the glass and hull is bullet proof, but it is mentioned in the series that a stray round to the engine or exhaust ports will bring her down."

This is however not true, airwolf engines intakes have armored mesh shielding, there for if a bullet went into the intakes nothing would happen, the only way that a bullet from a small arms weapon could do damage to airwolf is if the bullet goes straight in the mid air refueling line, pictured here

airshow04.jpg

however airwolf can be brought down by large caliber weapons and cannon fire, as well as rockets and missles. About the sight in the back, the airwolf engineer, who was the character ernest borgnine played will have a sight, very similar to the v-80s gun sight.