Sign in to follow this  
Airwolf

Announcing the airwolf mod

Tomasz Soplyo and myself, have launched the Airwolf mod, our purpose is to bring the ofp community a bit of fictional sweetness from the 1984-86 tv show Airwolf, our website is http://awmod.uni.cc the site contains information about our mod and pictures of our projects, our mod is not a deadbeat mod which will fall apart and never release anything, Airwolf is oxygen made and will be released when the entire mod is completed, no screenshot is computer enhanced, everything is in operation flashpoint, below i have posted some screenshots

airwolfvalley1.jpg

sweetbritches.jpg

Ahh.. Brings backs childhood memories smile.gif

Looks very nice smile.gif

Hurrah. We'll finally get to fly 'The Lady.' She looks great.

Are you going to put the laier (Spelling?) into the Vally of the gods map? Because it would be sooooo great to try and take her up through that funnel tounge.gif.

Also, just out of interest, is that second picture based on the episode where String' and Dom' go the Texas the get an old friend out of jail and rescue the Lady chopper cop (forgotten her name)?

Hope your planning on making an Arkangel skin, he's cool.

Anyway, good luck with the Mod.

yes, the first picture is actually our beta version of monument valley, we will have the lair. It is an essential part of our mod, read our website for more information. The second picture is based on the episode "sweet britches, the one you are talking about where they go and rescue the lady=caitlin. We will be making an archangel skin, he also part of our mod.

How are you going to do with weapons and realism? If I remember correctly from the series once airwolf got involved there was no problems in eliminating the oppositions due to airwolf's über-capabilites.

The standard form for the episodes is something like:

1) Some form of foul play

2) Hawk gets involved and investigates foul play.

3) Hawk gets airwolf and kicks ass.

As I understand, your mod will be about phase 3, and if it is done as in the show, there is nothing that can match airwolf (except the occasional airwolf evil twin copy wink.gif )

LOL

Will you be able to play the cello with a dreamy look in your face at the side of the lake? Thats horrible....

Bear in mind Airwolf has to be supersonic and indestructable to machinegunfire. However it is lightly armed (3 copperhead missiles and chainguns) and a hit from any SAM or AA cannon should nail it. No way it's as tough as an Apache.

The main feature that most people forget about Airwolf is it is designed to appear to be a civilian helicopter, hence the logo of the wolf in sheep's clothing. It is not an out and out gunship.

Looks amazing, I'll be like a little boy again when I'm able to play that! Keep up the good work!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 27 2002,06:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">> How are you going to do with weapons and realism? (...)<span id='postcolor'>

In the series Airwolf had a bunch of fictional missiles (Copperheads etc.) or special versions of existing missiles (for example helicopter-launched Redeyes). We want to balance weapons so they will be little more realistic than in the movie.

There will be two types of missiles launched from ADF-Pod - 12 Redeyes and perhaps 6 unguided but powerfull Copperheads. Also standard machine gun (4 x .50cal) and cannon (2 x 40mm) will be mounted on the chopper - just like in the movie.

About armour - chopper will be not undestructable. I think it will be slightly less armoured than Mi-24. (As you probably remember from series - Airwolf was able to survive any machine gun rounds of small calibre (7,62mm I suppose) but usually had some problems with rounds of higher cal. and

AA/SA missiles ;)

It wouldn't be very funny to fly very `packed-up` unit, I don't like if game doesn't gives me any challenge in engaging hostiles :)

Dude, thats one sweet looking chopper smile.gif

I take it not all the missions are going to be chopper based?

and thanks for the heads up PHY_Hawkeye smile.gif

Uhm...

I thought it wasn t possible to retract the gear on a copter in OFP.

And i really can t see a pilot in the first pic.

I may be wrong and no offence.

I m just curious about the wheels !

Looks great !

the wheels on that helciopter have to be extracted by hand from the outside thats what he told on the breathe forum its a simple door animation so i think landing would be hard tounge.gif

this mod is a great idea....maybe it will be more an action-mod than a tactical like flashpoint itself... models look good too ... smile.gif

wow.gif4--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Aug. 27 2002,15wow.gif4)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the wheels on that helciopter have to be extracted by hand from the outside thats what he told on the breathe forum its a simple door animation so i think landing would be hard tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm sure Airwolf apreciates your comment. Can't you keep the stuff from the breathe forums to yourself?  mad.gif

if thats something that has to be kept secret that would be weird for the people because when they see that pic they start asking themselves hmm so its posible to extract the gear

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Intruder @ Aug. 27 2002,12:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dude, thats one sweet looking chopper smile.gif

I take it not all the missions are going to be chopper based?

and thanks for the heads up PHY_Hawkeye smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I got excited when I saw this thread and just had to tell someone  wink.gif

ok, one issue is the landing gear... you have to walk outside to raise and lower the landing gear. The pilot is in the first pic, you just arnt looking hard enough, we have not yet made the interior to the helicopter, and the gear issue still needs to be fixed, there is alot of bugs that need to be worked out since we are apparanly the first to try and release a retractable gear helicopter.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Airwolf @ Aug. 27 2002,16:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok, one issue is the landing gear... you have to walk outside to raise and lower the landing gear. The pilot is in the first pic, you just arnt looking hard enough, we have not yet made the interior to the helicopter, and the gear issue still needs to be fixed, there is alot of bugs that need to be worked out since we are apparanly the first to try and release a retractable gear helicopter.<span id='postcolor'>

Thx for clearing that up smile.gif

Hope this addon will be released soon biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Intruder @ Aug. 27 2002,14:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dude, thats one sweet looking chopper smile.gif

I take it not all the missions are going to be chopper based?<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks anyone for the good words about chopper - I doing my best.

Campaign will be based on the pilot episode - in fact they hadn't flown the chopper in this episode too often. But maybe we will prepare some single player missions. Whole think will be action-based indeed because it's designed after action-movie - a history of one man - a history of Stringfellow Hawke.

To clear out any dims about retractable gear - yeah, it works through user animations - no doubt about it. It's probably only way to force it to work until BI will do something with game's engine (if BI will do something)... You don't have to leave chopper to retract or extend gear as it was mentioned, because it works in the defined radius of place where you've entered the chopper but that still isn't it. You can set pretty huge radius, so action will be always active. Unfortunatelly no matter if you are inside or outside of vehicle ;-) and that's the pain - anyone, and anywhere on the map can perform this action.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KKB @ Aug. 27 2002,15:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Aug. 27 2002,15wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the wheels on that helciopter have to be extracted by hand from the outside thats what he told on the breathe forum its a simple door animation so i think landing would be hard <!--emo&tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm sure Airwolf apreciates your comment. Can't you keep the stuff from the breathe forums to yourself?  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

KKB is right. What is in the breathe forums is menat to be eyes-only for the mod makers. If you feel, Vixer, that you cannot stick to that principle then I will be more then glad to remove your modmaker status. smile.gif

great job biggrin.gif

just a request...can you also make Airwolf's evil twin? i guess just simply retexturing it's skin to brown would do the trick. if i remember correctly, that's how it was.

also, for Angelinos(LA ppl), there is a tv channel that does all the reruns of 80's show...like channel 56 or something like that....guess i better take a look at it tounge.gif