Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

ArmA 3 1.04.111668 (update feedback)

My dear BIS,

last night I and like alot of people was forced to update ArmA 3 to version to 1.04.111668 and to my surprise alot of objects were added to the map such as the runway lights on the Terminal area.

I for one dislike this action because the game starts to look like a Christmas tree and we are not even there yet! These extra lights should be added by the mission maker if they want to and not be there already on the map. At least give us the option to do so if we desire. Don't make these extra lights vanilla!!!:mad:

The fact you are adding such objects to the map are causing unacessarely FPS loss and smoothness to the game.

Question: Can you please remove such objects from the map on the next update version but in other hand keep those those cool objects for the mission maker/editors to use if they want on their own missions?

Its also really anoying when all missions stop to work sudently on every update that comes out! I didn't liked this specific change/add on this update and thats the reason I'm writing to you back. Here is my opinion as a client and core fan.

Instead of changing/adding unacessary objects to the map I would prefer you to inform the community there are new usable objects available or focus on another map release for the community. The map as was known is good enough and anything you might can cause negative feedback! Improve but not add more unacessary stuff to the core map.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

The whole game looks like a christmas tree when there's lights on the airfield? :) They are a little excessive outside the actual runways, but I believe mission makers can turn them off when needed, right?

And they're adding even more stuff in the future:

I would like to announce in this way some planned additions for the Altis map.

Besides small, rather visual, adjustments and improvements like the addition of new detailed models (street benches, phone booths, kiosks, etc.) or the extension of signposts to more crossroads, there will be two larger location additions. Namely, it will be The Stadium and abandoned Ghost Hotel compound.

I'm a military pilot, when I saw the lights at night I said "Wow, look the airport actually looks like an airport now." Although airports still need aerodrome beacons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerodrome_beacon

Please don't change the lights, I liked them.

*Edit: Oh yeah this game takes place in Greece, which does not use FAA rules. :dummy:

The lights on the taxiways etc. aren't really the problem, they could look better but it's nice they are there because an airport should have lights on the taxiways and everything. My problem is the actual runway lights are useless and pretty much disappear once you take off, just leaving a flickery mess of dim lights which makes the runway very hard to make out in the dark. In Arma 2 it was fine, you could clearly see the runway lights from hundreds of metres away as two straight bright lines, they have been broken in arma 3 since the alpha with no improvement, please fix this.

The runway lights have been tweaked multiple times in last few weeks in the development branch. I don't think BIS is done with them just yet. Stable branch users will just have to wait a bit longer for the next update.

Bravo 6 is this some kind of bad joke? Complaining about the runway lights been inserted into the game? You think its fun to populate an airfield with lights in a 2D Editor?

Jeez...

Imagine creating a mission and having to place every runway light, signpost, piece of furniture and lamp post manually to make it not look dead and deserted. :)

I like the runway lights

Me too.

unplayable now for me - the 3d clouds make a massive grafik bug on my system the disaple 3d cloud button remove in the options is a terrible thing. - ( only in arma ) and now i will not buy a new 400 card for this game .

http://www.nworesist.de/wp-content/images/fel3.jpg (676 kB)

http://www.nworesist.de/wp-content/images/fel1.jpg (383 kB)

on altis is the bug on the half from the buildings to ^^ unplayable

weapon and hand in first person to ....

and now arma ? i have no 500 bugs for a good new card and not for this unfinaly buggy game with a mp performance to wine. thx bis thx .......

Never seen that bug buddy, whats your system specs? Coming here just whining won't get help for your problem.

^^ I bought a whole new rig for the game ... totally worth it (especially for the runway lights !!!)

The updates should improve FPS not making it worse!

Sometimes progress has a cost.

Agreed 100%

The only thing that dissapointed me with the latest update is the performance.

I really like the light shafts and the new rain.

@hkflash

amd 955 tweak to 4x 3.8 gig

ati radeon 6900 with 2 gb ram

8gb ddr 3 ram

gigabyte ga ma790xt-ud4p mainbord

http://www.nworesist.de/wp-content/images/fel3.jpg (676 kB)

http://www.nworesist.de/wp-content/images/fel1.jpg (383 kB)

on altis is the bug on the half from the buildings to ^^ unplayable

That actually looks a bit familiar... I think something like that happened if I tried to override the game's anti-aliasing through driver settings.

Try making sure you have don't have the driver control panel set to anything but application controlled AA, not even any "Enhance application settings" (I only know what it says for ATI cards, so Nvidia might be called or even work differently), since that one only seems to check what AA level the game demands, then overriding it with an equivalent one with more sample points (At least that's what I've read the "#xEQ" are).

The new runway lights are pretty cool, although it would be interesting for some missions to have a script that can turn them on/off... maybe leave that for Altis Electrical Grid! :) My rig is pretty godawful for FPS but that cut of 2-3 frames to make the map look more 'alive' I do think it is worth it... although when all the smoke grenades have been thrown and we're fighting through a town I'll probably be 'saying' the exact opposite! Haha.

^^ I bought a whole new rig for the game ... totally worth it (especially for the runway lights !!!)

yey, lets all by a new rig just because BIS decided to put 1000 damn runway lights on the map with 1000 other objects.

One this is to improve what is done, another this is to add and change what was done, Altis will not the the same, its like a second altis. Dont change a map too much by adding unecessary objects.

The problem here is that the FPS got worse instead of improving. Lets hope the next update is better.

I lost about 4-5 FPS with last update. For me it's quite a significant number especially when there is a big fight going on.

And I have to mention as well that the FPS loss is even on Stratis not just Altis so I guess it's not an object question but something else.

Edited by Nikiforos

What the hell have you done to the sun BI. I liked the sun in Arma 3, it was nice how when you looked in the direction of it it you weren't blinded by white light covering nearly your whole screen like you had just seen a nuclear explosion go off (how it was in arma 2) and now you have gone back to that and it is crap again. Is this just so you can do your light rays? I'm guessing so.

Originally some of the lightning effects in this game were looking like big improvements, then they go back to Arma 2 standard e.g. the sun, coloured lights on aircraft, and then there are also the nice glare effects which were cancelled.

More disappointment. Somebody please make a decent sunglasses mod as fast as possible because people are going to need it badly after this.

Edited by clydefrog

What the hell have you done to the sun BI. I liked the sun in Arma 3, it was nice how when you looked in the direction of it it you weren't blinded by white light covering nearly your whole screen like you had just seen a nuclear explosion go off (how it was in arma 2) and now you have gone back to that and it is crap again. Is this just so you can do your light rays? I'm guessing so.

Originally some of the lightning effects in this game were looking like big improvements, then they go back to Arma 2 standard e.g. the sun, coloured lights on aircraft, and then there are also the nice glare effects which were cancelled.

More disappointment. Somebody please make a decent sunglasses mod as fast as possible because people are going to need it badly after this.

Don't stare at the sun?