Sign in to follow this  
bboy

Is this color normal?

Hi to all Boheima staff! I bought Arma 3 log time ago, while it was still alpha... Well, first to say, for me it have some strange atmosphere... Firs of all, colors... Now i'm playing this campaign, but it bothers me this color scheme, I do not like it very much... So, first question is, is this huge white light normal for Arma 3?

kmii.th.jpg

zzgh.th.jpg

And i found this strange bug with the gunpoint:

tpk9.th.jpg

That's certainly not normal for ArmA 3. I don't have that at all. This looks like someone jacked up the contrast and brightness.

just set HDR to standart in video options, for me it doesn't change any fps, but on low it looks brigh almost like that. Lower your ingame brightness setting, anything over 1.0 makes images look brighter.

Gamma and Brightness already on deafault, 1.0... i'll try with HDR... Thanks on advices...

If you're using low HDR you need to tune brightness or gamma (can't remember which one) almost 0.

I set HDR on standard, doesn't change fps, which is good.. but the problem remains... :/ Well, maybe is problem with my graphic card (Ati Mobility Radeon 4650), and it's an laptop...

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Look this one... disaster...

4cvk.th.jpg

And why the f.... this happen?!

l9g6.th.jpg

Edited by bboy

Might sound strange but turn brightness down to 0.5 (minimum)

You might have to raise Gamma to compensate a bit.

The last image you posted looks all distorted.

It looks like the effect you get when using a pirated version....!?!?!?

Edited by EDcase

The last image you posted looks all distorted.

It looks like the effect you get when using a pirated version....!?!?!?

Well, I changed some ingame and map colors and that happen... Later, i just restarted that mission, and the problem is gone... Just wonder if I using pirated version, please be kind to check me out! :P :D :D :D

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

I can't post new threads, why is this?

You asking me or what ?!

Just wonder if I using pirated version, please be kind to check me out! :P :D :D :D

How would you NOT know this? You either bought the game legitimately or you didn't....which is it?

Edited by timmo1982

l9g6.th.jpg

The images that you linked clearly indicate that the anti-piracy functionality of Arma, known as FADE, has been triggered. It causes you little problems that grow bigger and bigger till they make you to ragequit. One of the best designed features of the game, if you ask me!

CCVofBI.jpg

Quit being pirate and buy the game if you want to play it. Are you willing to work even 60-hour weeks for free for years? I bet your answer is "no, I don't", so why should the developers?

Edited by Ezcoo

Hi people! I forgot to check this thread for a long time.. I was prepairing my desktop for arma III.. Well, to solve this first BIGGER problem, tell me what you need to check me out if I using pirated version? Cos' i know that i dont! i payed this regolary... So, what informations you need?

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

z6aw.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Do you have other questions?

Well if you know that you bought it legitimately, then we can't argue with that.

Have you let Steam update it (presumably you haven't played it for a long time?) and does the problem still persist?

I belive its your sampling settings, make sure there set to 100%

on some video cards you can set it higher , but low sampling setting like 80% will look like crap, just like your pic.

and just a note , fade dosnt look like that.

Dr Death, bunch of BS if You ask me. AFAIR, it IS how FADE can look like - it's best to ask Dwarden - it might be a CD-Key problem.

The underwater-like blur is definetly not the "blah blah game settings" problem. Lighting tho, might be a GFX driver issue.

Verify the CD-Key, verify the game-cache, delete (WARNING: this will delete Your saves and settings, if You wanna keep those, make a backup) the "ArmA 3" or "ArmA 3 Other Profiles" folder in My Documents. Update to the one of the newer* drivers and see what You can get.

*(it's not always the best option to choose the newest)

Good luck man.

Edited by JonPL

I set HDR on standard, doesn't change fps, which is good.. but the problem remains... :/ Well, maybe is problem with my graphic card (Ati Mobility Radeon 4650), and it's an laptop...

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Look this one... disaster...

http://imageshack.us/a/img850/920/4cvk.th.jpg

And why the f.... this happen?!

http://imageshack.us/a/img853/9083/l9g6.th.jpg

o6d9hujpqf.jpg

I dont know how you pulled that off.

Dr Death, bunch of BS if You ask me..

realy!!! I think your wrong Dr Death would of been adequate, seeing as this forum is to help people and I was trying to help.

"If your car wont start" you don't go build a new motor.

One needs to research the simpler things first, before One starts replacing parts One might not even need .

seeing as this forum is to help people and I was trying to help.
Noone tries to take it away from You brotha. But still, You can be wrong :)

And IMO You are wrong, because thats how new FADE \ DEGRADE now looks like, it was like that in ToH too, there were some articles about it in Polish gaming press. (praising the idea and execution of such a solution... yo)

I don't get Your point on those parts tho... who says anything about replacing anything? Drivers? These are pretty much the basics of the gaming system and it's best to have them rather up-to-date. Corrupted game files? Well, he'll need to get those anyway. Fresh configs? These can do miracles and You can always paste progress files\code. So... I don't get it. It's about finding the source of the problem.

Also, B-Boy... do You use any of the DVD-drive emulators? Alcohol? Deamon Tools? Something else, less-known?

Well, the most interesting thing is because since a put this thread, a CHANGE tree machines !!! First i was playing on laptop, later i was playing on new assembled desktop, but now im playing on totaly new machine! And the poblem with strong white color is still there !!! I didnt mention that i'm playing on old monitor, Samsung SyncMaster 710n. But everything else on that monitor goes normal.. And yes, I use Daemon Tools and Power ISO..

Try the things I've listed earlier and turn off any drive emulation programs.

Do You use any custom setup or a 3rd party app setting gfx?

Do you have ingame HDR set to normal? Or wrong calibrated colorsettings of monitor or gfx driver?