Sign in to follow this  
nikiforos

FPS worse after latest stable update - BIS seriously why_

I'm shocked to see that the game after the latest update runs worse than before. It makes me wonder and I consider quitting the game cause I'm tired of all the talk but no results.

I mean at least don't make it worse if you can't improve the performance. Forget optimization but keep it as it is instead of destroying it.

Counting minus -3-5 FPS with the latest update.

Thank you!!

Not really surprised, the past few dev branches started running like crap for me. I kind of expected performance to go downhill as they finish the game though, so not really surprised by it just disappointed.

Can you tell us your specs, maybe we can help you with your troubleshooting?

And yeah, we should quickly tell them they got it wrong; they're supposed to make performance better, not worse! Maybe they will put it back to better tonight!

No no no don't turn this issue to something personal and a discussion about my computer specs ... This is clearly a BIS issue and not hardware issue from my side. Derailing the discussion is a no go.

How many times did it update, had a first steam update,then went into the game and it wouldn run for a meter,then i restarted my pc, then steam updated again and then it ran nicely like before. might try that first and if its still wont work its indeed some other issue.

Can you tell us your specs, maybe we can help you with your troubleshooting?

And yeah, we should quickly tell them they got it wrong; they're supposed to make performance better, not worse! Maybe they will put it back to better tonight!

Same thing here. Went from a whole fifteen steady FPS in multiplayer to five. Core I7 2600k and a Geforce 680.

i sadly didn't measure FPS before and after, but i agree, i remember in dev branch, campaign felt more fluid, then on stable.

I've got a pretty butts computer but I can run the game above 45 fps on standard settings so I will jump on today and see how it holds up.

I'm a FPS freak and there is no question that the FPS are worse now. Honestly I don't have much more energy trying to get better performance I rather give up on the game.

The only positive thing is that I save some money instead of upgrading components.

Edited by Nikiforos

No no no don't turn this issue to something personal and a discussion about my computer specs ... This is clearly a BIS issue and not hardware issue from my side. Derailing the discussion is a no go.

I tried being sarcastic. The descriptive "BIS seriously why" on the topic made me think this was one of those hundreds of "WHY U NO GREAT PERFORMANCE, BIS?!!1!" threads. Haven't compared the new stable to current dev myself yet.

I tried being sarcastic. The descriptive "BIS seriously why" on the topic made me think this was one of those hundreds of "WHY U NO GREAT PERFORMANCE, BIS?!!1!" threads. Haven't compared the new stable to current dev myself yet.

The solution to threads like that is simple I guess. Fix the game.

Wrong. It's something personal. The performance is the exact same as it was before for me.

I'm happy for you but unfortunately the majority thinks otherwise.

Edited by Nikiforos

Wrong. It's something personal. The performance is the exact same as it was before for me.

You're nuts. There's a guy above you whining about how every day there's a bunch of threads with people complaining about poor performance, and you think it's something wrong with all of our computers.

Since Alpha I always run msi.afterburner while playing. Went through ups and downs all these months testing, tweaking and voodooing with start parameters. I`m pretty much hitting the recommended specs, slightly above. And I was praying that with this megaupdate the fps would increase. They didn`t.

Though rain and sun rays are a nice feature, there still is a big thing about performance. Client and server sided. I dont know if huge communities like shacktactical do play Arma 3 on numbers like 100+ servers. And if so, I say wichcraft.

No performance hit here, runs as good as before.

I'm happy for you but unfortunately the majority thinks otherwise.

And you know this how exactly?

No performance hit here, runs as good as before.

And you know this how exactly?

Probably cause one of the most voted feedback tracker issue's is about terrible performance.

Since Alpha I always run msi.afterburner while playing. Went through ups and downs all these months testing, tweaking and voodooing with start parameters. I`m pretty much hitting the recommended specs, slightly above. And I was praying that with this megaupdate the fps would increase. They didn`t.

Though rain and sun rays are a nice feature, there still is a big thing about performance. Client and server sided. I dont know if huge communities like shacktactical do play Arma 3 on numbers like 100+ servers. And if so, I say wichcraft.

They don't. Our peak has been around 50 - 60 I believe, and it depends on so many factors and heavily on the server. They still play ARMA II, and I think performance is one of the reasons, but I can't possibly know.

Maybe the new light rays dropped it for you so your GPU is bottlenecked?

Confirm, with the new stable good frames but stuttering !!

I am one of those poor people too.

My specs so far:

i5 clocked at 4x4.3Ghz

Sapphire 7950 clocked at 850Mhz (standard)

8GB RAM

Before the latest update I had with High settings in SP around 50 to 60 fps, in MP to 35-40.

But now, even in the Editor on the Main Altis Airfield, FPS are dropping to 25 and even below with the lowest possible settings (view and draw distance are 500m)

I have to say it's practically unplayable now.

my campaign was running at 30fps... when before it ran at average of 70...... what the heck....

and no Vsync is not on!

BIS whatever you did please change it back to what it was before the latest update. I don't think that the new light shafts or the rain is the problem , something else must have been changed.

Please!