Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Middle East Irregulars

New update v0.4.6 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@dr_irregulars.png

@ Drongo69

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

So far it's working pretty great. Just to bug report on the latest version - civilians are spawning with no gear ie. in underwear during dedicated multiplayer. It works fine for single player

I've been using the civies with EOS. I have had no problems with them spawning in their undies. You do have the African Conflict mod activated correct?

I think the problem is with the addUniform command. AddVest, addHeadgear etc are all global, but for some stupid reason BIS decided addUniform should be local. I have played MP games where I see the irregulars as fighting in their undies but the host sees them as clothed. The weird thing is that they usually work fine, the bug is sporadic. There isn't anything I can really do about it.

First post updated with version 0.47. Changes:

• Added a few other BIS uniforms
  • Attempted to make the addUniform command be applied globally using BIS_FNC_MP
  • Overhauled the DRI_base class

Please let me know if the MP uniform bug persists with this version.

update v0.4.7 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@dr_irregulars.png

@ Drongo69;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Is there a version without vests? For those of us looking to have a contemporary US military vs Taliban experience, the vests make for a good bit of trouble, as the 5.56 addon weapons are pretty useless. Plus it's a little weird to see these guys running around with body armor. It'd be cool if there were special forces guys that had body armor, and militia style units that didn't have as much gear.

Is there a version without vests? For those of us looking to have a contemporary US military vs Taliban experience, the vests make for a good bit of trouble, as the 5.56 addon weapons are pretty useless. Plus it's a little weird to see these guys running around with body armor. It'd be cool if there were special forces guys that had body armor, and militia style units that didn't have as much gear.

You could try something like this at the end of your init.sqf:

{
	if(side _x == east) then {
	_x execvm "novest.sqf";
	};
} foreach (allUnits);

And then in your novest.sqf you put

sleep 10;
if NOT(isServer) exitWith {};

removevest _this;

Of course they would loose the equipment stored in their vests...

Does anyone have a list of BIS vests that can hold gear but don't provide protection?

Thanks for the link :) In the next release I'll only use the class 1 stuff.

I want to say just how much I'm enjoying your civilian version too! While they may still not look quite like the civs many might expect to see wandering around a city somewhere (some still use shemaghs to cover their faces and/or have backpacks, etc.) in my mission they are GREAT as I wanted to reinforce the idea that the only difference between a civilian and an insurgent (in my mission) is that the "civilian" hasn't picked up his weapon... yet ;) It makes clearing buildings VERY risky, if ROE not to shoot "civilians" is maintained. Just what I wanted. Only missing "old man" (village elder) type civilians and some civs wearing burqas to feel truly complete.

Thanks for the link :) In the next release I'll only use the class 1 stuff.

I'm not quite sure about that... That somehow only suits those players, who want to recreate Arma2 in Arma3, just sayin'. I'm perfectly fine with well protected enemies and using 6.5mm weapons.

I agree with Pergor, would be nice as an option man :)

I like to play as and against these guys against other similar units like aggressors, fia etc, no nato/csat in sight, it would be a shame to dumb them down so to speak.

Edited by Katipo66

I agree with Pergor, would be nice as an option man :)

I like to play as and against these guys against other similar units like aggressors, fia etc, no nato/csat in sight, it would be a shame to dumb them down so to speak.

Huh? The Aggressors don't have any armor either... and worse weapons!

That's what I was kinda meaning I guess, there's already variation, nice to have some as a better equipped faction, but no biggie :)

I'll add a global variable to enable vests, then people can choose for themselves.

First post updated with version 048. Changes:

• Removed all protective vests and switched to bandoliers (as default)
  • Allowed all units to be optionally equipped with tac-vests by placing a logic named driVests
  • Fixed the incorrect faction side of the civilians (thanks ARJay)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New update v0.4.8 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@dr_irregulars.png

@ Drongo69;

I have a problem with using DR irregulars in my MCC missions., Whenever I try to add them as eastern enemies with MCC console, I recieve the message "No group available in the selected enemy faction". Anyone know why that is? DR's would make a killer opfor on Fallujah and I want to play with them so bad.

I have a problem with using DR irregulars in my MCC missions., Whenever I try to add them as eastern enemies with MCC console, I recieve the message "No group available in the selected enemy faction". Anyone know why that is? DR's would make a killer opfor on Fallujah and I want to play with them so bad.

New version of MCC this weekend? Also see this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150909-MCC-Sandbox-3-Dynamic-mission-creating-tool-for-ArmA-3&p=2631079&viewfull=1#post2631079

First post updated with version 049. Changes:

v0.49

• Added static weapons from Reyhard's East Static Weapons pack to all sides