Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Middle East Irregulars

Version 049 released.

This addon attempts to simulate an "Al Qaida" type force in Arma 3. None of the assets used have been made be me, I only did the config and adapted the randomization script. They are under "Independent" > "DR Irregulars" in the editor (there are also factions on BLUFOR and OPFOR). Their uniform, headwear, vest and pack are randomized, so they provide a lot of variety. They are equipped with Russian weaponry from massi's weapon pack. There are also optional units mounted in a range of massi, All In Arma and Reyhard's vehicles and static weapons.

Here is the same group of units after reloading the mission several times:

DRI1.jpg

DRI2.jpg

DRI3.jpg

DRI4.jpg

Requirements:

Massi's NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS for A3

Optional (will provide more variety)

Massi's African Conflict

Cunico's Hidden Identity Pack v1

Kiory's balaclava expanded

The optional vehicles and static weapons require Reyhard's East Static Weapons or All in Arma.

Acknowledgements: All of the assets referenced belong to their respective authors, this addon only accesses it at the config/script level. Some of my config work (BIS static weapons and off-roads) is copy-pasted from African Conflict. Thanks to ARJay for help getting this mod working with ALIVE.

Permissions: You can do whatever you like with this as long as nobody has to pay money to use it or anything derived from it. Also, this mod (or any derivatives thereof) may not be used in any contest, especially the "Make Arma Not War" competition. Please credit appropriately.

ALIVE faction names (case-sensitive):

drirregularsI
drirregularsB
drirregularsO
drirregularsC

Classnames (add a B to the end for BLUFOR, O for OPFOR):

Men:

DRI_Rifleman

DRI_SquadLeader

DRI_MachineGunner

DRI_AutomaticRifleman

DRI_Grenadier

DRI_ATSoldier

DRI_RPG7Soldier

DRI_AASoldier

DRI_Medic

DRI_Marksman

DRI_Crewman

DRI_RPG7Grenadier

DRI_Repair

DRI_Engineer

DRI_Explosives

For BLUFOR/OPFOR, simply add a B or O to the end of each unit name.

Groups:

DRI_RifleSquad

DRI_WeaponsTeam

DRI_FireTeam

DRI_EngineerTeam

DRI_SniperTeam

DRI_SentryTeam

DRI_LargeSquad

For BLUFOR/OPFOR, simply add a B or O to the end of each group name.

Civilians:

Men:

DRI_Civilian

Groups:

DRI_GroupC

DRI_LargeGroupC

DRI_SmallGroupC

Download version 0.49 35.91 KB

Edited by Drongo69

as there are vehicles in arma 3 with MG's on them (also in masi addons there are those vehicles) perhaps a all ARMA 3 version can be made ?

Awesome! I miss the good ol' days shooting at Tali-tubbies on Takistan and other various Afghan-style maps. No offense to BIS and their great work on A3, but I never could get into the whole NATO vs futuristic looking Iranian super-soldiers in Greece. I prefer the Afghan stuff, and this helps to fill that void. Thanks for the release! :D

If you don't have All In Arma, just look at the config in drivehicles.pbo and cut all of the non-Arma 3 stuff out. I might think about separate pbos for AiA vehicles in a future release.

Nice job man. I've been using a script to do almost the exact same thing, but had to run it every time I spawned an East unit or group to change them into insurgents. This will make my life a lot easier lol. Out of curiosity, if you're using massi's weapons, what are you using out of sudden's Russians pack?

Nice release mate, Will look into getting these used with our unit.

@Banky, I would expect it's the RPG 7

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@Banky

As XxEnigmAxX said, it is for the RPG7. It's such an iconic weapon, it's a must-have for units like these I reckon.

@Foxhound, thanks for posting this on Armaholic.

I've been waiting forever for opfor units like these! thanks.

P.S. Can't wait for other insurgent type units you might release!

Awesome! I miss the good ol' days shooting at Tali-tubbies on Takistan and other various Afghan-style maps. No offense to BIS and their great work on A3, but I never could get into the whole NATO vs futuristic looking Iranian super-soldiers in Greece. I prefer the Afghan stuff, and this helps to fill that void. Thanks for the release! :D

+1 billion for that!

Heh, glad you like it.

I'm currently working on separating the Arma 3 and AiA vehicles into different pbos. I've also added a variant of the RPG7 set to enthusiastically attack air and infantry, as well as a unit to carry it. Should be an update soon.

Man, what are you going to call that unit? Enthusiastic Jihadi?

Because that'd be hilarious

First post updated with version 02. Changelog:

- Put Arma 3-derived vehicles and statics into drIrregulars.pbo

- driVehicles.pbo now only required for AiA vehicles

- Added RPG7gp (general purpose), an RPG7 launcher that targets infantry and air (depends on Sudden's RPG7)

- Added Grenadier (RPG7) unit carrying above launcher

- Added backpacks to all units

- Added specific backpacks for RPG/AT/AA gunners

- Tweaked ammo levels in the config

- Fixed bug with headwrap in the randomization script

Still really in need of someone to make a good woodland uniform so I can release a Syrian Arab Army and Hezbollah addon. Please PM me if you are able to help.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Exactly why I'm having trouble enjoying ArmA 3. If I wanted to fight futuristic super-soldiers I'd be playing Battlefield or some other FPS.

very nice, very nice, very nice, but only needs a (optional) plug in to put them on the Opfor side ;)

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/487806724491741145/D1F03531BBB4C65D5834B7EC7085492C09D5C0C7/

I managed to make som pretty good insurgents with the basics of your script :)

The only mods I used was All In ArmA.

I then placed some Takistani Militia from the opfor side and ran these scipts below on the mission.

init.sqf

{
if (faction _x == "BIS_TK_INS") then {
	_x execVM "gear_militia.sqf";
	_x unassignItem "NVGoggles_OPFOR";
	_x removeItem "NVGoggles_OPFOR";
};
if (faction _x == "BIS_TK_CIV") then {
	_x execVM "script\gear_tk_civ.sqf";
};
} foreach allunits;

gear_militia.sqf

sleep 0.3;
if NOT(isServer) exitWith {};

_magazines = magazines _this;
_items = items _this;
_aItems = assignedItems _this;

removeAllItems _this;

removeVest _this;
_vests = ["","V_TacVestCamo_khk","V_TacVest_oli","V_TacVest_khk","V_TacVest_camo","V_TacVest_brn","V_TacVest_blk","V_HarnessOSpec_gry","V_HarnessOSpec_brn","V_HarnessOGL_gry","V_HarnessOGL_brn","V_HarnessO_gry","V_HarnessO_brn","V_Chestrig_rgr","V_Chestrig_oli","V_Chestrig_khk","V_Chestrig_blk","V_BandollierB_rgr","V_BandollierB_oli","V_BandollierB_khk","V_BandollierB_cbr","V_BandollierB_blk"];
_count = count _vests;
_this addVest (_vests select floor random _count);

removeUniform _this;
_uniforms = ["U_IG_Guerilla3_2","U_IG_Guerilla3_1","U_IG_Guerilla2_3","U_IG_Guerilla2_2","U_IG_Guerilla2_1"];
_count = count _uniforms;
_this addUniform (_uniforms select floor random _count);

removeHeadgear _this;
_headgear = ["","H_shemag_olive","H_shemag_olive","H_shemag_olive","H_Bandanna_sgg","H_Bandanna_khk","H_Bandanna_gry","H_Bandanna_cbr","H_Bandanna_camo"];
_count = count _headgear;
_this addHeadGear (_headgear select floor random _count);

{_this addItem _x} forEach _items;
{_this addMagazine _x} forEach _magazines;
{_this addItem _x} forEach _items;
{_this assignItem _x} forEach _aItems;

removeGoggles _this;
_addGoggles = true;
if ((_headgear == "H_shemag_olive")) then {_addGoggles = false};
_goggles = ["","G_Shades_Black","G_Shades_Blue","G_Spectacles","G_Spectacles_Tinted","G_Shades_Green","G_Shades_Red","G_Squares","G_Squares_Tinted"];
if (_addGoggles) then {
_count = count _goggles;
_r = random 100;
if (_r > 20) then {_this addGoggles (_goggles select floor random _count)};
};

When I equip your units with a flashlight, then (_x enableGunLights "forceOn") they say "no more ammo" and turn it off. I even removed all weapons and manually scripted the same weapon setup and no success. I have recreated the situation with other units and it has worked, they patrol with their light on......

@AnsarHolyWattior

I want to keep these guys fairly generic (thus able to fulfill the role of insurgents or Western-backed mercenaries, etc). Though if I ever learn how to do textures, I could make such a flag optional.

@supergruntsb78

For your own purposes, it is pretty easy to change the config to make them OPFOR side. For the reasons stated above, I prefer them on INDEP.

@WarLord554

If you give them default BIS weapons and try the same thing, does the same error occur? What about if you try it on massi's units? I wonder if the problem lies with the units or the weapons.

Roger I tested other various units with success(same weapon packages). I also got the same error on your units with vanilla BIS weapons. Weird, something on the config level maybe??

I love these guys on Clafghan (via AiA) vs. Massi's NATO :D Nice work!

very good. but way too many dependencies. you can already create this using vanilla classnames. the balaclava is simply the olive colored shemagh