Sign in to follow this  
amx225

Arma 2 OA Map list

Can anyone make a list of maps/islands only for Arma 2 OA which dont require Arma 2.

Can anyone recommend best maps for urban warfare ?

Edited by Amx225

Can anyone recommend best maps for urban warfare ?

Fallujah is the best one, for sure. It's about 50 km² of urban terrain and 100 km² total. And the map is fotorealistic. You can compare Satelite Photos with the in-game map and notice it by yourself. Every detail of the city is represented. Over than 3.000 buildings, some of 'em with great places to hide and snipe. A perfect map for Close Combat Battle. It is also great for the fans of realistic operation making, because in 2003 Fallujah became a large-scale Battlefield.

You should find it by here easily.

And the map uses some buildings and vegetations from ArmA 1. So, you can expect great FPS-rates playing with a lot of AI and Civilians. And the scenario keeps good by the way.

Oh, I was missing another one! F.A.T.A (Federally Administred Tribal Areas, Pakistan) is also fotorealistic, with 100 km² of terrain for virtual operations, with beautiful landscapes, mountains and some caves. The map is pretty cool and challenging. Presents some realistic and challenging roads, for who also likes driving in-game.

Unfortunately the map isn't AI friendly. I guess the object placement wasn't so perfectly done. But It keeps great for PvP matches and basic co-op modes.

You also can find this mod at the BI forum.

Well, these two maps are awesome. They're my favourites, and I will keep looking for new ones to play.

There are well over 200 terrains, possibly more, but that's the amount roughly I have, probably nearer 250 maybe (not counted for a while). Some are the first arma (A1) maps that play well using CAA1, also ACEIP maps, not ai friendly really, more coop missions etc but good anyway. All the official OFP maps are available, either upto date or CWR2, plus some that were not official maps from ofp are knocking around

City wise Fallujah is great (as said above) probably the largest city terrain and best. Performance on Fallujah is really good, also try Baghdad & City 34 on PMC 51km desert terrain, performance is really high on these too. There are numerous smaller cities (towns really) on many terrains, most will have something to offer. Use Armaholic or Armed Assault site for terrain downloading safely, plus google, there are a number that are not on these sites but can be found (just be careful on DL), also private terrains for groups etc, can only use these if your a member of the group of course.

Some terrains are better than others where ai is concerned, path-finding can be an issue on some, but all have something to offer, if only a good look around.

There are so many great terrains its hard to choose sometimes..;)

PS. another option is pick say Nevada Desert map or similar and build your own huge city with 'Town Construction' module, takes no time if you use the Advanced module download, builds it for you, can find that link if needed, put as many buildings as you like in and you'll find ai will be pretty good using the buildings etc (depending on what ai your using, not stock), it will be a random setup and footprint of course but really good for urban combat house to house etc and training.:)

• Like 1

There are well over 200 terrains, possibly more, but that's the amount roughly I have, probably nearer 250 maybe (not counted for a while). Some are the first arma (A1) maps that play well using CAA1, also ACEIP maps, not ai friendly really, more coop missions etc but good anyway. All the official OFP maps are available, either upto date or CWR2, plus some that were not official maps from ofp are knocking around

City wise Fallujah is great (as said above) probably the largest city terrain and best. Performance on Fallujah is really good, also try Baghdad & City 34 on PMC 51km desert terrain, performance is really high on these too. There are numerous smaller cities (towns really) on many terrains, most will have something to offer. Use Armaholic or Armed Assault site for terrain downloading safely, plus google, there are a number that are not on these sites but can be found (just be careful on DL), also private terrains for groups etc, can only use these if your a member of the group of course.

Some terrains are better than others where ai is concerned, path-finding can be an issue on some, but all have something to offer, if only a good look around.

There are so many great terrains its hard to choose sometimes..;)

PS. another option is pick say Nevada Desert map or similar and build your own huge city with 'Town Construction' module, takes no time if you use the Advanced module download, builds it for you, can find that link if needed, put as many buildings as you like in and you'll find ai will be pretty good using the buildings etc (depending on what ai your using, not stock), it will be a random setup and footprint of course but really good for urban combat house to house etc and training.:)

Well, I will download the Baghdad map and check it out. Is it also big like Fallujah?

What is the best website to find fotorealistic maps?

Are there any best maps for tank/armoured warfare?

Sparsely inhabited or semi inhabited i.e. towns villages etc.

Sparsely would be the large PMC terrains for vast tank battles, these include Rattler, 51km Desert, Rugen. Plus there are a few German based maps or that way out, Huertgenwald (bet_huertgen) summer or winter, also Schwemlitz again summer/winter versions. Celle would be o.k. Tigeria perhaps, there are quite a few depends on what type of terrain or tank battles you had in mind.

Nevada desert can easily double up for a ww2 desert campaign for tanks/armour as can some of the earlier mentioned, just need to populate them a little, vast areas though, so ideal. There are a couple of Afghan terrains that would be fine for that, Fayshkhabur would be another really good one, also Sbrodj winter or summer versions etc.

There are many, what type of thing did you have in mind?

Well, F.A.T.A and most of the Afeghanistan maps are great for tank battles, because they present open-areas with small vilages. Perfect for a tank mayhem.

Sparsely inhabited or semi inhabited i.e. towns villages etc.

Sparsely would be the large PMC terrains for vast tank battles, these include Rattler, 51km Desert, Rugen. Plus there are a few German based maps or that way out, Huertgenwald (bet_huertgen) summer or winter, also Schwemlitz again summer/winter versions. Celle would be o.k. Tigeria perhaps, there are quite a few depends on what type of terrain or tank battles you had in mind.

Nevada desert can easily double up for a ww2 desert campaign for tanks/armour as can some of the earlier mentioned, just need to populate them a little, vast areas though, so ideal. There are a couple of Afghan terrains that would be fine for that, Fayshkhabur would be another really good one, also Sbrodj winter or summer versions etc.

There are many, what type of thing did you have in mind?

Are there any european maps for urban/infantry/tank warfare like for example fictional cold war scenarios.

Are there any european maps for urban/infantry/tank warfare like for example fictional cold war scenarios.

Then probably have a look at Hotzenplotz updated (2010) ‘Malden’, ‘Kolgujev’, ‘Nogova’, ‘Everon’ not forgetting ’Trinity’.

Also ‘Napf’, some of the FSF terrains i.e. ‘Podagorsk’, ’Varkgard’, maybe also gsep’s ’Zernovo’, ’Miroslavi’ etc.

There are plenty more, but take a look at some of those, see if they're what your looking for.;)

The one problem that you are going to run into a lot is the requirement for ArmA 2. If that isn't a problem then the following are worth looking into:

CWR2 has some European maps. CWR2 Saint Adam doesn't have a huge city but it is a decent size and I have had fun fighting in it. CWR2 Saint David and CWR2 Everon are both European terrains with Saint David having some decent size towns. CWR2 Eilte is based on a real place in Germany with a fairly large town. Plus there are a lot of units in CWR2 as well. GSEP Miroslavl' is a pretty big city. I haven't finished making the area around it but the city part is decent. Plus there was another Miroslavl' released on Armaholic lately which is also quite good. Mondkalb's Celle is another good European one. Emita City is big. Fallujah is huge and has been mentioned numerous times.

The one problem that you are going to run into a lot is the requirement for ArmA 2. If that isn't a problem then the following are worth looking into:

CWR2 has some European maps. CWR2 Saint Adam doesn't have a huge city but it is a decent size and I have had fun fighting in it. CWR2 Saint David and CWR2 Everon are both European terrains with Saint David having some decent size towns. CWR2 Eilte is based on a real place in Germany with a fairly large town. Plus there are a lot of units in CWR2 as well. GSEP Miroslavl' is a pretty big city. I haven't finished making the area around it but the city part is decent. Plus there was another Miroslavl' released on Armaholic lately which is also quite good. Mondkalb's Celle is another good European one. Emita City is big. Fallujah is huge and has been mentioned numerous times.

Dude, where can I find these CWR maps? I am also looking for new maps. I am bored of the default ones ;)

Dude, where can I find these CWR maps? I am also looking for new maps. I am bored of the default ones ;)

Oh whoops I meant to post a link to it sorry: http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=24909&d=0

Make sure you read the entire first post though. There is the main download link and then several optional downloads below it. Plus there is the "See Also" section. The coop pack by Sander includes over 100 missions (I believe) and they can be played either coop or single player.

Oh whoops I meant to post a link to it sorry: http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=24909&d=0

Make sure you read the entire first post though. There is the main download link and then several optional downloads below it. Plus there is the "See Also" section. The coop pack by Sander includes over 100 missions (I believe) and they can be played either coop or single player.

Thanks, dude!

I will download these maps for sure!

Variety of terrains is the key for an awesome Military Simulation.

Are there any large maps for I44 mod?

Edited by Amx225

Are there any large maps for I44 mod?

I am not sure, but you just need to surf the web.

There are a lot of maps for ArmA games.

You will find historical, actual and fictional ones.

I haven't finished making the area around it but the city part is decent. Plus there was another Miroslavl' released on Armaholic lately which is also quite good. 

== Chess ==