Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

Helicopter pedals animation

Hello,

BIS can you please implemente/add the helicopter pedal animation for the pilots/copilots. This topic was referred here.

That said, please consider this a request as Take on Helicopters already have the feature.

Question: can you please include the helicopter pedal animations for pilots and co-pilots has it will provide a more realistic and immersive feeling inside the cockpit.

Answer: TBD (unknown)

thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

EDIT: Ticket created: 0017793: Helicopter pedals animation (Not present)

Edited by bravo 6

Also this request includes the collective animation aswell :)

Don't look at your hands and feet while you fly ;)

Animations would be nice addition but low priority.

with trackIR its hard not to..

It can be considered as not priority but it would definitly bring more realism to the simulador as we consider it.

Similar discussion took place in ArmA 1 with the finger trigger animation...

Why the pedals animation is not implemented? Take On Helicopters has this animation so why doesn't ArmA3 have the helicopter pedal animations? ARF!

For those that don't know what I'm talking about

OkNirMmYY7w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkNirMmYY7w

lvR4DX_2Gu4

Edited by bravo 6
add 2nd video

Why the pedals animation is not implemented? Take On Helicopters has this animation so why doesn't ArmA3 have the helicopter pedal animations? ARF!

Probably because Take On Helicopters is a helicopter simulator, while ARMA3 is mainly focused on infantry combat with some combined arms elements. This series has never really put too much detail into aircraft.

I really dont take that as an excuse.

Take these exemples already implemented on ArmA3:

- The driver streering wheel hands animation was optimized and we can now see the hands on the steering wheels moving.

- The hand on the helicopter joystick does move and it was optimized several times

So why not add the animation for the Helicopter foot pedals and the helicopter collective throttle animation as well?

@BIS: Doesn't make sense to NOT have these animations on ArmA3!

I think everybody can agree that it would be nice to see, but personally i don't think its a big immersion breaker. There are lots of issues that should be fixed/improved before this. If they at some point decide to implement TOH flight models it would be a nice feature to complete the package :).

I agree since these animations were in Take On Helicopters there arent any good reasons why they aren´t in ARMAIII

hi guys.

i can't help but wonder every time i get in or out of a chopper, why is there an animation for the movement of the player opening the door and jumping out, but no animation for the door itself, resulting in the player going through the mesh!

hi guys.

i can't help but wonder every time i get in or out of a chopper, why is there an animation for the movement of the player opening the door and jumping out, but no animation for the door itself, resulting in the player going through the mesh!

Ah, you see, at one point in the beta there were opening and closing doors, but it's gone now. Apparently they're coming back, but we don't know when.