sakura_chan

Keys - Enhanced Interaction System

2. Is there a way to return Inventory back to the action menu for when you are trying to grab any weapons/ammo, ect,. from a dead enemy soldier?

What would be the point of this? It just adds scrolling the mouse back into the equation. Now you can just look at the weapon at hit spacebar. Alternatively, look at the weapon and hit your inventory key.

I did occasionally have trouble getting the inventory from a dead soldier, it has something to do with the ragdoll positioning I believe. Sometimes you would have to find the right angle or position in order to get the command. I might replace the default inventory system with a scripted one at some point. As a temporary solution I could add an option in-game that would give you the option of turning the inventory action on/off. Also, I will add the controls changes in its own addon for the next version.

Also, two teaser pics of whats coming in the next version :)

teaser01.jpg

teaser02.jpg

teaser03.jpg

Edited by Sakura_Chan

What would be the point of this?

The point is i cannot access the inventory on a fallen enemy body, and i dont know of any other way to access it, and no i dont use space, also as

quoted below your answer solved my issue,i had no idea about the alt key.

I dont care much for the action menu for somethings, other things im so used to it that I have a system already that works since i been using the same setup since OFP.

Alternatively, look at the weapon and hit your inventory key.

Thats what i needed to know thank you, nevermind the request Sakura works fine as it is.

I did occasionally have trouble getting the inventory from a dead soldier, it has something to do with the ragdoll positioning I believe. Sometimes you would have to find the right angle or position in order to get the command. I might replace the default inventory system with a scripted one at some point. As a temporary solution I could add an option in-game that would give you the option of turning the inventory action on/off. Also, I will add the controls changes in its own addon for the next version.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w312/lethalSakura/teaser01.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w312/lethalSakura/teaser02.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w312/lethalSakura/teaser03.jpg

This is probably what will get me back into playing the game.

Having the ability to tweak distances is going to finally net me decent framerates.

Yay!

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w312/lethalSakura/teaser01.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w312/lethalSakura/teaser02.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w312/lethalSakura/teaser03.jpg

Holy beautiful textures and water...

Just curious, what are your PCs specs?

Awesome to hear that you're still working on this! Can't wait for the update.

hey will the 'improved ladder' feature be in the next update? I hate having to press the action to get on the ladder. :P just walking up to it, like you do in other games, is much better. :)

I just wanted to thank you very much for this addon.

It improves the game by a factor of 9000!

Thank you!

hey will the 'improved ladder' feature be in the next update? I hate having to press the action to get on the ladder. :P just walking up to it, like you do in other games, is much better. :)

I'm wondering about the same question.

Just started using this and I think it's awesome, both for tidying up the Control settings and the Action menu.

The only issues I noticed were accessing dead soldiers gear and vehicle inventories. With the old system, I'd open the Action Menu and look around until the relevant option appeared to click on. With this mod, when I'm looking at a dead soldier, I get a prompt to pick up the weapon but nothing regarding the soldier's inventory and just have to keep pressing G whilst looking/moving about until it opens on the dead soldier's gear, rather than just showing my own gear. With vehicles, the only prompt that appeared was to rearm from vehicle and I had to do the same thing as with dead soldiers to access the vehicle inventory.

I'm going to try without the sakukeyscursortext.pbo to see if that helps with these problems.

Edit: Nope, that hasn't helped. It also seems to have moved the menu down to the bottom middle, over the compass. One other thing. Secondary Mouse Button doesn't work to close the menu and I always have to press Backspace instead. This might be an issue without your mod as well though.

By the way, there's a typo in the instructions as

*[infantry] Weapons -> switch handgun / launcher -----> "left shift + 1"

*[infantry] Weapons -> switch gun / launcher ---------> "left shift + 2"

should actually read

*[infantry] Weapons -> switch gun / launcher -----> "left shift + 1"

*[infantry] Weapons -> switch gun / handgun ---------> "left shift + 2"

Edited by doveman

This is a good idea. But removing the action menu completely is not the best solution imo.

I wish to have just a few actions removed like open/close doors and get in/out vehicles.

That would reduce the actions and make it easier to access other actions which are needed for most missions.

I've just realised I never commented on your last screens , Sakura_chan, so allow me to say:

Hnnnnng! That water looks fantasic! Any idea how performance will be affected by each slider, if at all?

Amazing efforts. Can't wait for a new update as this looks very promising and I'm sure will help people to get back into A3. :)

I don't forget this awesome mod.

I hope you have don't lost your datas Sakura^^ as many guys who works on some addons.

Looks very promising. I only hope that it can be tailored for community needs.

Sorry about the lack of updates, I've been working on it a little bit through summer so far. I actually found out that you can edit the default video options, so I am trying some new settings. You can, for example, disable clouds and increase the view distance in PiP screens. There is no longer a restriction on maximum and minimum view distance (you can have every mission at 23km view distance without scripting), I was able to increase the number of lights, and I've added a few new options for max frames, because I do some scripting/testing on my little laptop that doesn't meet the system requirements. Using default low/off settings, I was in the 10-20fps range, but I can now push the graphics down far enough to get around 40-55fps. The biggest frame killer on a low end machine was the clouds, and for some reason BIS made it so you couldn't use the old A2 style clouds. Getting these results involved pushing the game past what could be considered a playable level though, with massive reductions in particle counts, view distance, object count and texture clarity. I'm talking Nintendo64 graphics here, but I just need it for testing so I don't care what it looks like.

I've also replaced as many of the in-game icons as I could, like waypoint markers and squad indicators. I added a ton of new options to really let you set up the look of the UI. For example, you can choose from a variety of custom waypoint markers (shift + map click) and you can disable/enable many things in-game that were once only changeable by modding.

Sounds like a nice mod for editing/modding. Would you mind to release it please?

While unfortunate re: the graphics quality, it is an interesting anecdote about hardware and performance... and for what it's worth, I believe that we'd be very interested in seeing just what you've gotten so far for the in-game icons' replacements! (By "you can disable/enable many things in-game that were once only changeable by modding"I imagine that you meant "changeable via other mods"...)

Hi!

I have a question. When i try to launch the game with the Keys mod it says that I miss the addon A3_UI_F.

Does anybody know what this means and/or how i can fix this?

Kind regards,

Vincent