sakura_chan

Keys - Enhanced Interaction System

Amazing stuff man :D, just a few questions from my end because we at TacBF are very much interested in your mod, first off are you going to allow for key customization in the future?

Or can we change the custom keys? the reason I ask is because we have our own action keys for our mod, and some are conflicting with our current setup, overall though we are very excited and we are very much interested in trying it out :).

Best Regards

Dale

Okay lots of questions and a little confusion here. I was a little anxious to get the first release out for the campaign so the documentation is a little weak at this point. A few notes:

1. At no point in this version or any future version will there be any 'hard coded' keys. Absolutely everything can be changed to your preference using the standard keybinding menu.

2. This version, "Part I", contains absolutely no scripting whatsoever. This means that I cannot change the way the icons are displayed outside of the current limits (like having them bound to objects).

3. This mod will never ever forcefully change your keyboard setup. I will at some point remap the default keys, but unless you choose to use it your keybindings will be untouched.

4. I hate the weird moving icon too, so set "Configure > Game > Adaptive Crosshair" to "disabled". Turn off crosshairs and 3rd person view while you are at it lol. In later versions you will be able to have much more control over the appearance of the icons.

5. Under "Configure > Game > Layout" move the action menu just below and to the left of the crosshair. It is useless to have it off to the far side where you have to glance away to see it. The colors and appearance are all very work in progress.

6. There are a few things that aren't obvious unless you use the 'SakuKeysHint' addon. For example, the inventory key will open your parachute if you are falling, and it will also open your artillery screen if you are a gunner in an artillery piece.

7. My recommended keybindings are not a complete list, and don't include some conflicting commands that were changed. The only change I feel is necessary is to unbind the spacebar completely and rebind it to the "default action". This means you don't have to leave your movement keys to use actions.

Edited by Sakura_Chan

First, Thank you very much for all your time and energy to making my interactions with Arma 3 a lot more fun!

I noticed that when I used the switch from gun/launcher and wanted to switch back to my rifle, I am unable to get an action menu to switch. I cannot find the key binding for this action. I finally discarded my gun on the ground and then the system allowed me to switch again. Am I missing something?

It is kinda dumb, but you actually have to hit the gun/launcher key again to switch to the rifle. There is no specific action to select the gun. In part II of my mod you will have direct 1-2-3 selection of weapons.

First great release, and awesome work so far.

Now to the question: What's reasoning behind get in? (I can't find it in controls) and in game you have

to use scrollwheel thus using oldstyle action menu.Wouldn't be better to have one key to get in vehicle?

First great release, and awesome work so far.

Now to the question: What's reasoning behind get in? (I can't find it in controls) and in game you have

to use scrollwheel thus using oldstyle action menu.Wouldn't be better to have one key to get in vehicle?

I couldn't try the mod yet, but from what I understood you just need to press the "Default Action" button.

Yay!

Sakura, it seems like your Mod somewhat conflicts with gizz46's CMI Command Improvement Mod: if both are active, his menu is generally not centered as it should.

Also, I'm asking permission to alter your Mod's folder name and the .cpp. This is simply for ordering purposes on my end.

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

Updated version...fixes the conflict with the CMI Command Improvement Mod. Dowload link on first page

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

PS: CMI changed its name. Its now "Command Overhaul Mod" :)

There seems to be a conflict between this mod and TMR's lock/weapon rest function. TMR has to have the "lock next target" set to the "Tab" key. Your new key configure menu doesn't even have that binding listed. I see the "lock next target (in vehicle)," but that doesn't work. It's the way TMR is made. The Tab key, and Tab key only, will work if it's bound to "lock next target" and no other option. I would love to use this mod. I like the concept and reducing the clutter on the action menu, but my Unit uses TMR in our mod pack so I can't use this until they are compatible.

That command is located under 'legacy controls'. There are no missing commands at all, every one was pulled directly from ArmA3.exe

Oh, I hadn't noticed that. I did have to unbind and rebind the key to get the feature to work though, but looks like it just needed to be reset. Thank you.

when can we expect to see ladders and sticky icon implementation?

I'm using your addon and it works great. (small drawback is not able to access RH M4s weapons crate but is not big deal)

I'm still working on it. I've been looking into weapon resting as well. BTW I don't think its my mod breaking the M4 pack, as it all works on my end.

Will do some more test, it doesn't break per say it just doesn't show up icon.But if it works for you there's problem with my mods, nothing to worry about : )

About weapon resting - what do you prefer: ace style of pressing keys to deploy it, or auto deploy of TMR?

Thanks for keep working on it.

bump?

Don't do this, man. It makes everyone think there is news when there isn't.

It's the holiday season, let everyone think about Christams and New Year's Eve. That means modders too. :D

Yay!

I'm happy simmering knowing that eventually we will get addition auto get up ladders and sticky icon implementation.

Till then Sakura have a great year 2014! ; )

I was thinking about the explosives and how you can get rid of the set timer/detonate actions - the set timer is only going to show up when you are next to the explosive and you are not going to detonate that close - maybe adding a clock icon near it would work. Ideally, someone could make a detonator weapon with animations, but I don't have the skills for that... just a suggestion for anyone willing to help. Love the mod.

I thought I'd make a quick solo mission to give sniping a go earlier on today. I scrolled to switch to my rangefinder and ended up placing a mine under myself whilst prone, which promptly went off and reminded me that I need this mod in my life. Hope it continues to progress, or even gets picked up by the ACE team or another overhaul team. Combining this with a command rosary style thing for certain actions would make life a lot easier!

I have been doing a lot of play testing with this. There are a bunch of fixes lined up for the next version. The priority of the explosive actions needed a little tweeking because sometimes you would accidentally start the timer on a bomb instead of placing a new one if there was a charge nearby.

I have been doing a lot of play testing with this. There are a bunch of fixes lined up for the next version. The priority of the explosive actions needed a little tweeking because sometimes you would accidentally start the timer on a bomb instead of placing a new one if there was a charge nearby.

Yes the great rotation arrow is on Sakura project of interest is pointed towards mod Keys!Im very happy!YeeY

Really like this, the controls in the menu should have been done this way from the start, why the clusterf*ck and mixing of the controls idk what they weren't thinking,

anyways Sakura have a question for you 2 actually:

1. is there a way you can have an addon for just the controls menu alone?

2. Is there a way to return Inventory back to the action menu for when you are trying to grab any weapons/ammo, ect,. from a dead enemy soldier?