class Colors
 {

garm_rock[]={{196, 177, 123}};
   garm_sand[]={{220, 210, 102}};
   garm_slope[]={{228, 215, 137}};

};
};

can somebody please help me!

Where did you get the maplegend.png from?

BI Wiki

This seems to be one of those obscure Visitor oddities which crops up time and time again and for which I've never seen an adequate explanation... I'm pretty sure I've even experienced the same error myself...

Take a look at the "Sticky" section above the "normal" threads in this Terrain Forum section - Atsche's "Simple Arma 2 Terrain Tutorial"... This is the "discussion thread" for Sgt Ace's Tut Samplemap - THE number one guaranteed-to-work ideal introduction tutorial, which has served us well for the last few years and has started off many terrainmakers with Arma 2 terrain editing (myself included)...

Try searching that specific thread for "mapLegend" - you'll find about a dozen different variations of this exact error! :(

What you won't immediately find is a guaranteed solution...

Some people find a config typo and that fixes it, others check the spelling of mapLegend", others reboot, reload their files and it works, others find an error in Visitor Preferences and that seems to fix it...

Most annoying! It seems to be one of those problems which goes away if you fuss enough, but for which there's never been an adequate posted solution.

From the above code it looks like your Layers.cfg is fine... Assuming all those files ARE in those locations, all the paths ARE valid, mapLegend.png IS present, etc then it - should - all work...

The only suggestion I can make is that you once again triplecheck everything - from Visitor prefs to paths, exact spelling of all files including "Uppercase" etc - reboot - don't run Visitor as "administrator" and possibly sacrifice a goat to the Visitor gods, and it might just all magically start working... :(

B