Sign in to follow this  
Champy_UK

AI Skill array

I was about to post this in the DEV AI skills but as we are currently playing on the stable branch version and this all beit a generic question that applies to both versions, the majority of the findings only relate to Stable version testing.

Is there a definitive list of the settings for the AI skill array? Only one of the types has an explanation on the biki https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgAISkill

I appreciate that RIE mentions in a post that this could be imminent?? But maybe i understood the post wrong...

Through lots of testing in game and some seriously varied results of the same settings but on different dedicated servers, i have a skill array that 90% suits our style of gameplay for our mission. My only fear that is now albeit a for a few tweaks and not using any Mods to control the AI, my next step might put the hard work back a few steps.

I have searched the forums and i havent been able to find a thread or post that says exactly what each part of the skill array allows for ie

lets take one part of the array.. aimingAccuracy 0.5

If i were to take my aimingAccuracy to 1 does this then say that the AI will be using this to their best or worst ability?

Then does it work in the same way across the rest of the types? Or are there things like shake that are less shake the lower the value or..?

these questions might sound noobish :) but clarification would be the answer to help all.. And maybe some explanation on exactly what each type allows for... Endurance.. what is this, how far they run? how long they last before getting shot. 1/2 shots then die?

The Biki should be a fountain of all knowledge but currently it lacks in certain parts and by no means am i moaning at the hard work by those who have contributed to it already, with a big thanks to Killzone for updating as much as humanly possible in one day to help those of us to learn and code:) but its still missing so much.... such as the skill definitions

Our current skill array is 0.2,0.25,0.85,0.35,0.63,0.4,0.4,0.5,1,0.5

(setup _x setSkill ["aimingAccuracy",(_skillArray select 0)];

_x setSkill ["aimingShake",(_skillArray select 1)];

_x setSkill ["aimingSpeed",(_skillArray select 2)];

_x setSkill ["endurance",(_skillArray select 3)];

_x setSkill ["spotDistance",(_skillArray select 4)];

_x setSkill ["spotTime",(_skillArray select 5)];

_x setSkill ["courage",(_skillArray select 6)];

_x setSkill ["reloadspeed",(_skillArray select 7)];

_x setSkill ["commanding",(_skillArray select 8)];

_x setSkill ["general",(_skillArray select 9)];)

Played with Veteran setting and on a edited Domination mission to allow the use of skill array.

With these settings we are currently getting great results with the AI hiding or looking to get to cover when suppressed. They are also patrolling in and out of buildings and also trying to get higher viewpoints by climbing ladders etc. Under silenced gunfire they are reacting accordingly by looking for where the shot is from, not always firing back immediately and the expected reverse if you loud fire you tend to get 2/3 shots and then your killed, or if you move within the shots your improve your chances of staying alive which to me is acceptable. Close contact is varied depending on your reaction time and their awareness of your presence. Expect to get shot if they know your there, but there is still a chance you can catch them on the hop and shoot them first

The tweaks we would like to try to get would be a little more firefight to the initial contact without pushing it back to much.

Please can someone share their experiences with proven testing and facts... with regards to someone then making this less of a witchcraft and being able to add these proven findings to the BIKI??

TIA Champy

Edited by Champy_UK

Well, without getting into all the details ... to accomplish what you say you're after in a more firefight'ish type way would be to increase the aimingShake. The one thing I'll mention is that the array is very intertwined in how they can each affect one another. The default AI skill settings, can have a profound effect on things in general. The higher the base skill levels, the more capable the AI become (eg.. movement/tactics). This is also more resource intensive. But anyway, play with the aimingShake and speed some. Should get you where you want to be.

This coming from many years of testing/running the ASR_AI package. Which is coming to A3 soon. Where there are easy methods for you to change these things within a fairly complex system (also has some notes in there). Plus is does a bunch more stuff that is relative and for sure changes how the game is played. Can also be a great resource to learn from. ;)

How do I put skill arrays in my scenarios is it strictly scripting or can I add it to init field? I'm new to scripting and this stuff in general. So could you explain this in step/by step form thanks

I stumbled across this little puppy yesterday.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/skillFinal

I'm assuming that it will report the ACTUAL skill that the AI are using in mission, after all modifiers such as server difficulty settings have been applied to our setskill array statements.

How can the settings in post #1 be made to work on all enemy in a mission? The code is not finished?

It wasnt designed to be a code anyone can use it was just for reference to show which values related to what setting.